talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Saudi Arabian GP - 25-27th March

football forum

4 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Let's not forget that these legends also released a Max championship celebration song before the Abu Dhabi GP. 😆

Super Max Max Max. 

Lando is okay. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

That was very exciting but F1 needs to park these stupid DRS scenarios where drivers are actively trying to lose a position into one corner to get DRS down the next straight. Really isn't in the spirit of F1.

Also they need to do something with the delta timing on VSC so that people stop getting shafted like Perez did today without doing anything wrong.

What a season we've got on our hands here though. Red Bull and Ferrari an absolute match for each other.

What do you think the solution is regarding the DRS game? Obviously they won't get rid of it this season. In the DRS zone I want to see hard/aggressive but fair defending. Not the car being let go so you can take them on the next instant DRS zone. If they wanted a quick solution I'd say don't have 2 DRS zones one after the other. This means you have to defend your position rather than letting them go to regain it almost instantly. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What do you think the solution is regarding the DRS game? Obviously they won't get rid of it this season. In the DRS zone I want to see hard/aggressive but fair defending. Not the car being let go so you can take them on the next instant DRS zone. If they wanted a quick solution I'd say don't have 2 DRS zones one after the other. This means you have to defend your position rather than letting them go to regain it almost instantly. 

Whenever DRS is such a guaranteed overtake that it's a disadvantage to be in the lead at some points on the track, it's too powerful. All they need to do is shorten the DRS zone in those cases. It is easier said than done though. A car that already has a straight line speed advantage might see a 200m DRS zone become a guaranteed overtake whereas that's only a moderate chance for others who aren't as strong on the straights. It was pretty glaring in the case of Saudi though. They should really have fixed it last year after Lewis and Max had a similar battle to get into the last corner behind the other which ended up pretty farcical.

I agree about the back to back DRS zones as well. If you have two straights in quick succession that provide overtaking opportunities, only one of them really needs to be a DRS zone.

Hopefully in the long run, these regulations can be deemed effective enough to eventually get rid of DRS altogether.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, MUFC said:

For a more extreme solution, it would be interesting to see DRS being implemented like the push-to-pass system in IndyCar - every driver has a set amount of seconds to use DRS throughout the race, and has to decide when and where to use it, depending on the situation on track. 

On 28/03/2022 at 19:07, nudge said:

For a more extreme solution, it would be interesting to see DRS being implemented like the push-to-pass system in IndyCar - every driver has a set amount of seconds to use DRS throughout the race, and has to decide when and where to use it, depending on the situation on track. 

Any reason I've just got a notification response now for this post 🤣

• The topic was unpinned

Archived