talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund Thread

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Broken record time again.  This team needs to clean house.  We need to stop pretending that we're one or two players away from competing with Bayern.  Fact of the matter is that we only have one or two pieces capable of competing.  

Haaland (crock), Guerrero (doesn't defend), Akanji (wants out), Meunier (too slow) and Can (lunatic) all have value.  They need to be sold to raise the funds to invest in young, hungry players that Rose can mold into his style.  Build a team around Bellingham, Süle, and Reyna.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice teamspirit. xD

It's not a good look I agree, but I also think there are too many players on big contracts that are coasting.  I would be concerned about division in the dressing room at this point.  There are players at the club that are embarassed about the overall performance and there are players who couldn't give a shit.  I think you're seeing that play out on the pitch now.

On 26/02/2022 at 07:28, Tommy said:

So Dortmund asked the fans to design their shirt for next season. These are the 9 finalists: 

28324108-die-neun-finalen-entwuerfe-fuer

I voted for 3, 4, and 7.  Not really blown away by any one of the designs, just don't want anymore neon shite.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Athletic, Haaland is supposed to pick his club in the next couple weeks.  Frontrunners are Manchester City and Real Madrid.  

At this point, I just want the cash to improve the team.

29 minutes ago, Coma said:

According to the Athletic, Haaland is supposed to pick his club in the next couple weeks.  Frontrunners are Manchester City and Real Madrid.  

At this point, I just want the cash to improve the team.

Might as well just shut the fucking league down if he signs for Citeh.

On 26/02/2022 at 12:28, Tommy said:

So Dortmund asked the fans to design their shirt for next season. These are the 9 finalists: 

28324108-die-neun-finalen-entwuerfe-fuer

Has to be middle bottom row. It’s not even that good, just everything else is piss. 

28 minutes ago, Rick said:

Has to be middle bottom row. It’s not even that good, just everything else is piss. 

I kinda liked that one but it has a red stripe along the black for the German flag.  Doesn't really fit.  

I was a little disappointed in the options.

Talks between Dortmund and Fizzy Salzburg have stalled over Karim Adeyemi.  Fizzy want 42m and Dortmund don't want to pay that much.  This will likely come down to the player trying to force a move if he really wants to come to BVB and I've never liked that aspect of "player power".

Personally, I'm a little concerned over paying that much for a single player considering the recruitment record recently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Süle and Schlotterbeck seems like a pretty good backline revamp. 

Yeah, I'm pretty excited by this if it comes off.  Schlotterbeck is one of my favorite players and teaming up with Süle would be a dream partnership at the back.  We won't score any goals next season but we should keep a few more clean sheets.

With the season all but done, I thought I'd put together a list of stay/go for the current squad:

Stay

Kobel - Arguably the player of the season.  Where would we be without his saves?  

Morey - Missed the whole season with knee injury so I hope he comes back stronger.  He plays the style we want to play and we missed his minutes this year.

Reus - Club captain and wants to sign a new contract.  He didn't do much wrong this year and he's relatively healthy so hopefully there are a few more good years in him.

Malen - Did OK this year while learning a new league.  I don't think that he had the impact some had hoped but I'm willing to give him time.

Reyna - Missed a lot of time with injuries but he's only 18.  Will be the next US star player.

Bellingham - Needs to mature but we should be able to build the team around him for another season or two.  He'll be the next 100mil sale to the Premier League.

Maybe

Wolf - I'm actually pleased with his performance this season as a utility player.  I'm not saying I'd be upset if he left, but I'd be OK if he stayed.

Brandt - He's scored a few goals this season but his ability to turn the ball over at critical points in the match is infuriating.  There was talk of interest from clubs outside of Germany but that seems to have died down.

Dahoud - Got a contract extension after a really great patch of form late last season and then proceeded to shit the bed this season.  I wanted him to stay last season but now I feel like it's players like him (at their ceiling, making a lot of money, inconsistent) that are holding us back.

Akanji - He is the best CB at the club, which isn't saying much, but he's had like no help this season.  Rumor has it that he wants out and he has good value.  I'd love to keep him but I don't see it happening if he doesn't sign a new contract.

Hummels - Only as a backup and only for his leadership ability.  I hate to say it (because I love the guy) but he's fallen off a cliff and can't play a full season anymore.  I think he'd be perfect in late-game sub situations and to spell the starters here and there.

Moukoko - Not sure what to make of his situation.  I know he was hurt for a good portion of the season but I also read that he was unhappy with playing time and wanted out.  I don't see the club giving up on him yet considering his age.

Knauf - He's done well while on loan with Frankfurt.  Not sure how he's good enough for them in the Europa League but not us.  Needs game time here.

Goodbye

Haaland - It's not like we have any say in it anyway.  I'd like to think we'll be better without him but that's probably sour grapes.

Hitz - He's been a great servant but we need a better back-up.

Zagadou - Hurt all the time.  I mean ALL THE TIME.  There was a contract extension on the table but then the club pulled it when he tweaked again.  Good move.  Hopefully he can have a good career somewhere, just not here.

Guerrero - Likes to attack, doesn't like to defend.  Sums up our season.  There was some discussion about moving him to a winger/mid position but he's got value and we need the money to re-invest in the squad.  

Meunier - I didn't like the signing then and I still don't like it now.  He's not the style of fullback we want to play with, so why did we sign him?  He is the perfect example of our recruitment in the last 5 years....scatter-brained.  

Schulz - The less said the better.  Fin.

Can - I'd guess that his turnovers in his own half are responsible for at least a third of our goals against.  I mean, what the hell?  He's not a CB, he's not that good as a CDM.  What is he?  Expensive, that's what.  Please, Emre, just go.

Witsel - Was good for the first couple years but now he's just too slow.  He's out of contract so at least we part on good terms.  

Reinier - I don't understand the 2-year loan deal at all considering he hardly ever played.  Needless to say we won't be making the deal permanent.

Hazard - The club tried to play him as a wingback for awhile but he can't/won't defend.  He's like Dahoud in that he's reached his max and makes too much money, but if the rumors are true he has an attitude problem so he needs to go.

Passlack - He's not the "up and coming young player" anymore and he's not the caliber of player we need. 

Schmelzer - I don't think he's played in 2 years due to injuries.  His contract expires in the summer.  I hope that the club can keep him on in some capacity but I don't see it.  

Tigges - Wanted by some Buli clubs and a lot of 2. Buli clubs.  I'm not wanting him to go necessarily but I think he's at the age where he needs to be playing and it likely won't be here.

Bürki - Off to MLS at the end of the season.  

Summary

In all I'd say it's unrealistic that we'll get rid of all those guys that need to move on but this season has to be the benchmark for a rebuild.  Zorc is out at the end of the season and Kehl takes over as the sporting director.  Zorc's signings have been largely poor in the past few years.  I'd like to get back to promoting youth with the occasional marquee signing... at least it would be a squad that we could be proud of.  As it stands this lot can make the CL every year but the majority of them are not likeable players and they certainly aren't out there giving it all for the cause.  I'd rather miss the CL and have a team I can be supportive of.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:( 

Well there it is.  Shouldn't be any complaints about the back line next season.  I love the player but I feel bad for taking him away from Freiburg, although the news of Ginter going back there makes me feel a bit better about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived