talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund Thread

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/08/2022 at 06:45, Tommy said:

Yup, really seems that Modeste is on his way to Dortmund. 

Will be interesting to see how he does there. 

Given that the attacking 4 produced next to nil yesterday I think this is a decent move for a season.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

🤔

I posted this in the Ronaldo thread.  No fucking way this happens.  This guy breaks clubs/budgets/chemistry/formations/systems.  If BVB does this then they will have disregarded the past 4-5 years of Ronaldo's on- and off-field history.

Would also like to say that, yes, maybe signing him would increase the chances of breaking the Bayern dominance... if only for a year.  But would I want to do it this way?  Nah.  The long-term effects would be too much for the reasons I posted above.

After watching the first 3 matches of the season it's obvious to me that this team is struggling to score goals.  Signing Modeste was a waste of time considering they're not going to play to his strengths.  Multiple times against Bremen they opted to cut it back in the box or try to play through the congested middle instead of lofting in a cross.  

Another irritating moment... when Dahoud comes off with a shoulder injury they bring on Emre Can instead of Salih Oezcan.  Has this club learned nothing from last season?  Hazard and Can are not impact subs.  They continue to give game time to players with bad attitudes and poor work ethic.

• 3 weeks later...

Typical performance against a CL rival.  And once again too many players not fit... I really wonder what the physios at Dortmund are doing. 

Dortmund made Marco Rose look like a genius for shaking RB out of their funk.  Note to the rest of the league... if you're club is in a rough patch, just play BVB and you'll be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Clock is ticking on Terzic now.  Poor showing in Köln and the subs (putting Can and Rothe on) made no sense whatsoever.  I think they will regret bring him back.  He had the chance to ride off into the sunset with a Pokal and it will be a matter of time before he is just another binned coach.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, that’s hardly worth complaining about. At least 17 games for just over 200 quid. 

I'm guessing it's in comparison to other ticket prices at Dortmund or compared to Bundesliga. In which case fair enough.

• Subscriber

It's not complaining, it's putting pressure on the club and making them accountable because nobody wants to end up being ripped off in a long run like the fans in the UK are. Maybe if they had complained when the ticket prices started skyrocketing years ago, they wouldn't be paying through their noses now. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's not complaining, it's putting pressure on the club and making them accountable because nobody wants to end up being ripped off in a long run like the fans in the UK are. Maybe if they had complained when the ticket prices started skyrocketing years ago, they wouldn't be paying through their noses now. 

I fully agree.

Archived