talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Typical!! the one game I don't watch and Bremen play a blinder.... pleased for you though obviously.. B|

We're back B|

Maybe we played a blinder because you weren't watching 🤔

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Haha, good for the club to show that they will not give in to any player's attempts to force a transfer. I do wonder if he'll play at all, though. The fans are furious and don't want to see him in a Werder shirt ever again. Will be hard to get their respect back, if that's even possible.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha, good for the club to show that they will not give in to any player's attempts to force a transfer. I do wonder if he'll play at all, though. The fans are furious and don't want to see him in a Werder shirt ever again. Will be hard to get their respect back, if that's even possible.

I didn't want to see him in a Werder shirt again before all of this. Imagine being an at best mediocre player and thinking you can pull this.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

I didn't want to see him in a Werder shirt again before all of this. Imagine being an at best mediocre player and thinking you can pull this.

I think he's absolutely awful as a leftback, but he's become a pretty solid central defender, imo. However, I don't want any player who doesn't want to be here, and now I don't trust him to give his 100% every match at all. Hope we sell him in winter or next summer at least; his market value is still the highest one in the squad and we should take advantage of that.

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

The exact same is happening with Kostic at Frankfurt according to Sky. Awkward. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

The exact same is happening with Kostic at Frankfurt according to Sky. Awkward. xD

Plot twist: Frankfurt is Werder and Kostic is Friedl, just in another dimension. Brought to you by M. Night Shyamalan. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Done deal! 

Think it's been quite a good transfer phase; with Ducksch, Assalé and now Weiser we got three very solid, experienced players with enough individual quality, plus Rapp and Jung who are both reliable players as well. Mai transfer seems a bit unneccessary now that neither Friedl, nor Veljkovic or Toprak are leaving, but it's good to have decent backup in case anyone gets injured or suspended. 

I hoped for a proper DM as well, but once we missed out on Aursnes, it appears there was no suitable and affordable options. Trust Groß to get the job done in the 2. Liga though, and also happy if this means Gruev will get some playing time in order to develop further.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

GK: Zetterer, Pavlenka, Plogmann
RB: Weiser, Agu, (Mbom)
CB: Toprak, Veljkovic, Friedl, Jung, Mai
LB: Jung, Agu, (Friedl)
DM: Groß, Rapp, Gruev, (Mbom)
CM/OM: Schmidt, Schmid, Rapp, Bittencourt, (Woltemade), (Mbom)
RW: Assalé, Dinkci, Weiser, (Schönfelder)
LW: Bittencourt, Schmid, Assalé, Nankishi
CF: Ducksch, Füllkrug, Dinkci

Ge2dvpv.png

Looks pretty good to me...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

GK: Zetterer, Pavlenka, Plogmann
RB: Weiser, Agu, (Mbom)
CB: Toprak, Veljkovic, Friedl, Jung, Mai
LB: Jung, Agu, (Friedl)
DM: Groß, Rapp, Gruev, (Mbom)
CM/OM: Schmidt, Schmid, Rapp, Bittencourt, (Woltemade), (Mbom)
RW: Assalé, Dinkci, Weiser, (Schönfelder)
LW: Bittencourt, Schmid, Assalé, Nankishi
CF: Ducksch, Füllkrug, Dinkci

Ge2dvpv.png

Looks pretty good to me...

Zetterer will actually start ahead of Pavlenko if the latter is healthy? 

I wish we had that much depth. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Zetterer will actually start ahead of Pavlenko if the latter is healthy? 

I wish we had that much depth. 

Hard to tell, Pavlenka is a better shot stopper and better in 1 on 1 situations, but Zetterer is a much better ball-playing goalkeeper with better technical skills. Either way, it's good to have options and a healthy competition... I'd stick with Zetterer for now.

• Upvote 1

I think that Weiser is a very good signing by Werder, he should do well for them in the 2. Bundesliga. Having sold so many of their better players, I feel sorry for Werder, but I hope they manage to have a decent season at the very least.

As for Kostic, I don't know how the Frankfurt players will respond to his recent behaviour. Also I am not sure how he will react or what his attitude will be like after his transfer was essentially blocked. These are not the ideal times for Kostic or Frankfurt.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

So, after almost 10 hours, the annual member meeting is now over and new supervisory board is elected - Harm Ohlmeyer, Ulrike Hiller, Dirk Wintermann and Dr. Florian Weiß were voted in, will form the new board with two remaining members Marco Fuchs and Axel Plaat. One of them with be chosen as a new chairman (Bode's replacement) in the first supervisory board meeting in October.

Last season's fiscal report was presented during the meeting - the club made a loss of 8.8m (compared to a 23.8m loss in 19/20), equity capital is now -20m, long term liabilities are 38m in total (20m credit, 18m bond).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Niclas Füllkrug suspended for getting into an argument with Clemens Fritz after the Darmstadt game? :35_thinking:

Would love to know what he said. Three days suspension, plus a financial contribution to social projects supported by the club. Sounds like the handbags were flying xD

• Haha 1