talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just a loan.

What are your early thoughts? Do you like him? 

You should somehow talk to United about Osaka in hopes of them doing an even trade for Chong for Osaka....

There are a few players I've never understood why they get the jobs they do...he will always be on. His good moments at Koln were rarely anything that special to me

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

What are your early thoughts? Do you like him? 

You should somehow talk to United about Osaka in hopes of them doing an even trade for Chong for Osaka....

There are a few players I've never understood why they get the jobs they do...he will always be on. His good moments at Koln were rarely anything that special to me

With all due respect to Osako, there is no way in hell that United are going to be interested in singing him from Werder Bremen.

Chong has already demonstrated that there is something special about him and he should be a great asset to Werder this season.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

With all due respect to Osako, there is no way in hell that United are going to be interested in singing him from Werder Bremen.

That is the joke...haha 

I'm sure there is some squad silly enough to engage in talks for him, just seems like more a liability than anything. 

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

That is the joke...haha 

I'm sure there is some squad silly enough to engage in talks for him, just seems like more a liability than anything. 

Haha, I see, excuse my typo...*signing

If Werder could sign Chong permanently, he would be a great acquisition. Unfortunately there was no option to buy clause inserted into his loan deal with Werder.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Interesting post...and I have a few points I'd like to add for context purposes. 

Schalke got destroyed by the best team in the world, who appear to be better than they were last year. 

Gladbach lost to the second best team in Germany, and played well, but just didn't have enough. 

Werder lost to a club that suffers from massive identity issues. Something Hertha are the club that appears to try and bring up youth and play the long game, then the next week they will get the itch, and spend money that would leave you to believe they should be a top 3-4 team in Germany. 

The point is, I did peg either Schalke, Gladbach, or Werder to go down, and I still don't think they will. 

If Werder can not lose any players before the close of the transfer window, and especially keep hold of Rashica, I do think they will remain in the Bundesliga. I didn't watch the Bremen match, but I will watch the replay either today or tomorrow, but if what @Devil-Dick Willie and @nudge are saying is correct about the formation and tactics, then I can only hope that this is an issue that Bremen can recover from. 

I do the think future of Bremen, sadly, rests on the hopes of other teams performing worse over the course of the year. I'm still not sold on Freiburg this year after all they have lost (although they do appear to have done a good job in replacing their losses), Stuttgart, Koln, Mainz, Arminia, and sadly even Augsburg are no way out of this conversation. 

I still think Bremen have too much talent to go down, and I hope that they do get a result against Schalke this weekend to bring the hopes of some of their fans just a little bit. 

Schalke were beaten by a scoreline that was misleading to me, as they didn't seem to give a shit after the 4th or 5th goal, which is sad to see, but it's likely that this won't even be Bayern's biggest win of the year with the team they have assembled. 

Bremen will stay up, not comfortably, but I do think they stay up this year. Would be an absolutely tragedy if they were to get relegated this year. 

You make some very interesting observations. I also do not think that Werder or Schalke will get relegated and I believe that Gladbach will at the very least finish in the top 5. I think that it's important to note that both Werder and Schalke had huge injury problems last season and that clearly affected their performances. I don't read too much into Werder's loss to Hertha, as Hertha have a team of quality players. I am sure that Hertha will qualify for Europe this season. But Werder have enough quality about them to finish in mid-table, with or without Rashica(I am sure Rashica will be leaving). The same applies to Schalke if both these sides play their cards right.

Sides like Mainz, Union Berlin, Arminia Bielefeld and dare I say it Augsburg, all look weaker to me than the teams that Werder or Schalke can lineup. Stuttgart had a dodgy start to the season against Freiburg and I believe their manager was a bit naive in his approach against the side from the Black Forest. However, they have some decent players in their team, so I believe that the Swabians should also just about avoid relegation this season, if Matarazzo gets his act together. Koln and Freiburg also look too strong to go down in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Sides like Mainz, Union Berlin, Arminia Bielefeld and dare I say it Augsburg, all look weaker to me than the teams that Werder or Schalke can lineup. Stuttgart had a dodgy start to the season against Freiburg and I believe their manager was a bit naive in his approach against the side from the Black Forest. However, they have some decent players in their team, so I believe that the Swabians should also just about avoid relegation this season, if Matarazzo gets his act together. Koln and Freiburg also look too strong to go down in my opinion.

If Augsburg gets relegated the first year I become a member, then I will be forced to write them a note of apologies for my bad mojo that I brought to Bavaria. xD

• Haha 1

So I'm watching the Bremen match, and it's clear that Bremen have talent. Some of the formations and structure looks a bit wonky, some poor turnovers that Hertha were able to capitalize on, but overall, there is enough talent there to get the job done. 

I'd also throw Stugartt in the relegation mix, as they have to mentally get over the yo-yo club status that they are becoming in years past...they are way too big for that kind of fluctuation. 

There is a portion of me that worries that if Augsburg starts up, and HSV also comes up, the push to remain in the Bundesliga is will an even tougher one as we can't compete with teams like Stuttgart and HSV in terms on finances. 

And I'll end with this @nudge as I don't mean to turn this into a relegation thread...

But I think their are 3-4 teams that are worse than Augsburg (and for that case Bremen), and so I don't expect either of us to be involved in a serious relegation battle. 

I think the heavy favorites have to be Koln, Union, Arimina, and Mainz, and then I'd say that Stutgartt have a worse squad than Bremen and Augsburg do. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

And I'll end with this @nudge as I don't mean to turn this into a relegation thread...

But I think their are 3-4 teams that are worse than Augsburg (and for that case Bremen), and so I don't expect either of us to be involved in a serious relegation battle. 

I think the heavy favorites have to be Koln, Union, Arimina, and Mainz, and then I'd say that Stutgartt have a worse squad than Bremen and Augsburg do. 

Won't be long til it has to be done anyway ;) 

Why Union?

• Sad 1

Just now, Stan said:

Won't be long til it has to be done anyway ;) 

Why Union?

I think Union have a very spirited squad, but not very talented. There are a couple of players I like, but mostly I think it's a team that will be fighting to remain in the top division. Their story, fans, and staff are very special, and I think they rode the wave of being in the Bundesliga very well last year and it put them mid-table, but I think year 2 is almost always more difficult to teams and I think, somewhat fear, that Union are going to be struggling greatly this year. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Michael said:

But Werder have enough quality about them to finish in mid-table, with or without Rashica(I am sure Rashica will be leaving).

I agree; I said it last year and still believe that in terms of individual quality, our squad is definitely good enough for a mid-table finish. The problem seems to be getting the best out of the players and finding the optimal system to make it work, I think a proper defensive-minded midfielder with strong passing skill is the missing link. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Is that right that Ozan Kabak spat at a Bremen player during the game yesterday?? 

Yes, and I made my feelings known in the matchday thread :4_joy:

20 hours ago, nudge said:

Did Kabak spit at Augustinsson there? O.o

19 hours ago, nudge said:

They just showed replays and Kabak indeed spat at Augustinsson on purpose. That's just vile... Hope the little shit gets banned after the match. 

19 hours ago, nudge said:

A bit soft penalty call but Kabak deserves it, the fucking llama. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Yep, Kabak already apologized saying it wasn't intentional, which is hardly believable. Hope he gets a lengthy ban.

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Clearly was intentional... Hope he gets a ban for that.. 

Yeah, I can't see how it is anything but intentional... Probably just trying to save his skin with the apology. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Haven't heard much about Rashica rumors...Transfermarket has it at a 57% probability of him going to Aston Villa. 

Anything new to this? 

We'll, we apparently agreed terms with Aston Villa (said to be 22.5 million Euro), but Rashica's wage requirements are too high, so there's no deal yet. Not sure if it happens or not, wouldn't be surprised if he stayed, after all. 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

We'll, we apparently agreed terms with Aston Villa (said to be 22.5 million Euro), but Rashica's wage requirements are too high, so there's no deal yet. Not sure if it happens or not, wouldn't be surprised if he stayed, after all. 

Need it to happen sooner rather than later no? I mean would Werder be able to get in a replacement for him or are they too strapped? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Need it to happen sooner rather than later no? I mean would Werder be able to get in a replacement for him or are they too strapped? 

Doubt we'd get a replacement for him at all, to be honest. A defensive midfielder is a priority, so if Rashica goes, I expect us to sign someone for that position first. All depends on how much money we get and who's available on the market... 

Just now, nudge said:

Doubt we'd get a replacement for him at all, to be honest. A defensive midfielder is a priority, so if Rashica goes, I expect us to sign someone for that position first. All depends on how much money we get and who's available on the market... 

and you could always replace him with Osako :ph34r:

• Haha 1