talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

Boxings a funny sport. Smith is one of those fighters thats probably been held up to a standard higher than he is and then that all gets shown up against a great fighter like Beterbiev or Canelo. Hearn knows how to promote a fighter, I remember him talking about Smith fighting at a higher standard when the fighter is a higher standard and it never made sense as surely great fighters turn up for most fights regardless. He’s not exactly an entertaining fighter either so you dont know where he goes from here, at least fighters like Whyte and Chisora go to war, you tune in for that and hope for the best.

Smith was never beating Beterbiev even at his best but I feel he'd have given a better showing of himself had he not been so inactive. His career seems to have stalled a little since the Groves win 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Just watched that, a bit boring but looks like Fury has trimmed down so taking it serious 

True, first thing that I noticed was how his chubby face was looking trim.

38 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Is Fury vs Usyk still happening? There is ZERO buzz for this despite the fight being a couple of weeks out. 

Starting to pick up on social media thanks to the Saudi promoter Turki Alal Shikh dropping the Fury vs Usyk Fight Promo in 4K. Warren & Hearn have retweeted the fight promo aswell.

• Upvote 1

New date May 18th & Usyk will get what's coming to him soon.

Let me say Mr froch judging by Companies house needs to concentrate on his own businesses. His last big payday was £8.5 mill against Groves 10 years ago and we ALL know that stoppage was dodgy as BEEP. Is Carls money drying up??

• Subscriber
On 03/02/2024 at 23:22, quickeyg said:

Let me say Mr froch judging by Companies house needs to concentrate on his own businesses. His last big payday was £8.5 mill against Groves 10 years ago and we ALL know that stoppage was dodgy as BEEP. Is Carls money drying up??

Nonsense. I’m sure Froch is financially secure for life. 

John Fury is an absolute embarrassment, the cringeworthy hypocritical cunt. Just like his son, Luke.

On 03/02/2024 at 23:22, quickeyg said:

You're getting the two Froch v Groves fights mixed up. There was nothing dodgy about the stoppage in the second fight

7 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Nonsense. I’m sure Froch is financially secure for life. 

John Fury is an absolute embarrassment, the cringeworthy hypocritical cunt. Just like his son, Luke.

100%. Froch would stick it on him too if he says that shit to his face :4_joy: John Fury is still running from Micky Theo lol

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fights in Saudi are dogshit. We're raised on pre-fight atmosphere which really pumps everyone up. In Saudi it's quiet and generally dull as fuck.

• Subscriber
On 02/03/2024 at 14:09, MUFC said:

Fights in Saudi are dogshit. We're raised on pre-fight atmosphere which really pumps everyone up. In Saudi it's quiet and generally dull as fuck.

I’d rather in the UK so I can go, but I’m glad all of these fights are getting made. 

• Upvote 1