• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sack Race 2017/18

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Hughes seems to have been at Stoke since forever. He must be behind Wenger in the longest serving list?

Hughes just under 5 years. Dyche, Howe both just over 5 years. Wenger now into his 22nd year.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Wenger now into his 22nd year.

Wow, there is an entire generation of Arsenal fans who do not know what it is like to feel the excitement of appointing a new manager then two months later want the cunt out because he's useless

• Subscriber

Hughes and Clement are surely overdue now. Their teams' form are more indicative of Stoke and Swansea going stale though than poor management for me. They each might stay up this season with the benefit of a new manager boost but it won't last, especially for Swansea who as others have said, seem to have completely lost their way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Stoke have lost 6 games already this season by 3 or more goals. How long before the Stoke board find his record this season unacceptable?

That's already the same amount as 15/16 and 16/17 where they've lost by 3 or more and we're only just past halfway in this campaign.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Stoke have lost 6 games already this season by 3 or more goals. How long before the Stoke board find his record this season unacceptable?

That's already the same amount as 15/16 and 16/17 where they've lost by 3 or more and we're only just past halfway in this campaign.

If they get beat off us tomorrow he will surely be gone

• Subscriber

Odds on Hughes being next are 4/11 on Sky Bet with Pellegrino next at 4/1. I'd have expected Hughes to be more like 1/7 with Clement gone.

With Pulis going to Middlesbrough I don't see who they're going to get but they still need shot of Hughes.

• Subscriber

We were discussing who Stoke would get in yesterday and came to the conclusion of either Ronald Koeman or Gary Rowett, and I'm not sure the latter has much to gain by going there as it's very plausible he takes Derby up.

I really like Rowett actually and think he's a very decent manager. Deserves a crack in the PL.

• Subscriber

Koeman to Stoke would be a poor move for all parties. Isn't he waiting for the Dutch job or has someone else been given it?

Koeman's stint with us has fucked his career unless he does amazing things elsewhere. He had a chance to progress onwards to a big job if he did well with us which he had all the ingredients required to do but now he has to rebuild his reputation with shit jobs like Stoke and I don't think he's arsed.

• Subscriber

He must be a good manager but I disagree that it was just poor recruitment. Not enough gets made of his poor man management. Too many good players went to shit under him then you have the Niasse, Barkley scenarios as well.

• Subscriber
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

If it was just poor recruitment, which it obviously wasn’t, why did Koeman get the sack and not the bloke poached from Leicester? 

Nobody knows. Koeman took the blame in the end but which signings were his and which ones were Walsh is unknown though I've heard at least Klaassen was a Walsh signing.

Hughes has to go. Stoke had the hallmark signs of a team that is mentally fucked, seen it many times before over the years, strange passes to nowhere or out of play, headed clearances going straight to the opponent.

I think Stoke will be fine and stay up once they get a manager in who can restore some confidence.

We are down the bottom because we haven't got good enough players. Stoke are down the bottom because their players are absolutely shot 

Archived