talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forums

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

did you vote for corbyn and remain by any chance. :D

Yes (well I voted for my local Labour MP at the time more than Corbyn) but what does it matter? The current Prime Minister is a known liar and adulterer, this is a matter of fact and record, not an opinion. It shames me to see him elevated to the highest office in the land and represent us on the world stage because I care about the UK and believe the country is better than him. I'm optimistic that one day we'll see sense again and choose someone with integrity and honesty as our leader, be it a Labour or Conservative leader. Johnson's tenure and a lot of our domestic and foreign policy under his government won't be looked back on kindly.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Yes (well I voted for my local Labour MP at the time more than Corbyn) but what does it matter? The current Prime Minister is a known liar and adulterer, this is a matter of fact and record, not an opinion. It shames me to see him elevated to the highest office in the land and represent us on the world stage because I care about the UK and believe the country is better than him. I'm optimistic that one day we'll see sense again and choose someone with integrity and honesty as our leader, be it a Labour or Conservative leader. Johnson's tenure and a lot of our domestic and foreign policy under his government won't be looked back on kindly.

what dont you like about his foreign policy. is it the brexit thing or the stop the illegal immigrants thing. i wont lie im happy about both but i know some people are against them. 

45 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

what dont you like about his foreign policy. is it the brexit thing or the stop the illegal immigrants thing. i wont lie im happy about both but i know some people are against them. 

Can you name any specific policies that you’re happy about?

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can you name any specific policies that you’re happy about?

i like that we wont be giving welfare to europe anymore and i think the points system for immigration is a great idea. 

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Well a point system isn’t about to stop illegal immigration is it? 

no. but illiegal immigrants should be put back on a boat and dropped off back to france imo. i have no problem with bringing over immigrants that will benifit the country. but i dont want the dregs of the world to turn up in the UK. also im not a fan of seeing homeless brits on the streets while seeing foreign criminals put up in hotels at the expense of the tax payer. something is wrong there. 

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The UK takes far less refugees than the rest of a lot of Europe. Funny that you say about homeless Brits on the streets but this government voted against giving starving kids free school meals. 'stop giving immigrants money and look after our own' 'not those ones though'

what starving kids. you mean the starving kids that belong to a single mother that has 4 kids and spends her money on weed and an iphone and then cries because the government wont feed them for her. why not get the dead beat dads to feed the kids they made. why dont the mums spend the money on food and not waste it on drink drugs and iphones. and they are not refugees if they were they would stay in the first safe country that landed in. they are economic migrants mostly men of a fighting age who should be at home defending the country instead of running away and leaving the women and children to fend for themselves. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

I name foreign policy specifically because of the announcements over the past few days of reductions in foreign aid.

I'll balance it by saying that the one bit of foreign policy I did like was offering asylum to citizens of Hong Kong. I don't see why that logic applies to those asylum seekers and not others though.

This thread has been derailed by British politics enough times though, which has it's own thread, so I'll leave it at that despite there being a lot more to say. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I name foreign policy specifically because of the announcements over the past few days of reductions in foreign aid.

I'll balance it by saying that the one bit of foreign policy I did like was offering asylum to citizens of Hong Kong. I don't see why that logic applies to those asylum seekers and not others though.

This thread has been derailed by British politics enough times though, which has it's own thread, so I'll leave it at that despite there being a lot more to say. 

we agree on that. :91_thumbsup:

1 hour ago, UNIQUE said:

what starving kids. you mean the starving kids that belong to a single mother that has 4 kids and spends her money on weed and an iphone and then cries because the government wont feed them for her. why not get the dead beat dads to feed the kids they made. why dont the mums spend the money on food and not waste it on drink drugs and iphones. and they are not refugees if they were they would stay in the first safe country that landed in. they are economic migrants mostly men of a fighting age who should be at home defending the country instead of running away and leaving the women and children to fend for themselves. 

Alright Tommeh

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

what part dont you agree with mike. 

Your argument about parents spending money on themselves rather than their kids is few and far between. But you're happy with millionaires lining their pockets on the back of a pandemic apparently rather than feeding those in need. There's plenty of reasons why refugees don't stop at the first safe country (language etc). Britain doesn't take anywhere near as many 'immigrants' as the Mail or the Express or the Sun or that cunt Farage will make you believe

• Administrator
1 hour ago, UNIQUE said:

You generalise a lot, don't you? You're a very assuming individual basing any 'argument' on stereotypes.

Are you telling me every single child who is perhaps below the poverty line has a single mother that has more than one child and spent her money on weed and gadgets? 

You are very out of touch with reality. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, LFCMike said:

Your argument about parents spending money on themselves rather than their kids is few and far between. But you're happy with millionaires lining their pockets on the back of a pandemic apparently rather than feeding those in need. There's plenty of reasons why refugees don't stop at the first safe country (language etc). Britain doesn't take anywhere near as many 'immigrants' as the Mail or the Express or the Sun or that cunt Farage will make you believe

who said im happy with millionaires lining their pockets? i have 4 kids mike who should take care of them me or you? refugees stay in the the safest place they land in mike economic migrants then take the boat to the UK. in your opinion mike who should stay and fight for the country they came from young fighting age men or the women and children they leave behind. if the uk has to go to war in the future i hope its the young men that fight it and not the women and children. just my opinion though. and why is it that people always hate the messenger. crazy that. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

You generalise a lot, don't you? You're a very assuming individual basing any 'argument' on stereotypes.

Are you telling me every single child who is perhaps below the poverty line has a single mother that has more than one child and spent her money on weed and gadgets? 

You are very out of touch with reality. 

well all people on benefits gets the same money so why are not all people on benefits starving. tell me stan any house in the uk that you have been in who are on benefits that dont own a big screen tv and at least one top end phone. also if the benefits in the uk are so bad that kids are starving why does all the people risk life and limb on a rubber dingy trying to get here from france. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

'The messenger' xD who are you a messenger for?

he pointed out farage. now unless farage is lying and we dont have tax payers paying for economic migrants to stay in hotels they why blame him for reporting it. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

well all people on benefits gets the same money so why are not all people on benefits starving. tell me stan any house in the uk that you have been in who are on benefits that dont own a big screen tv and at least one top end phone. also if the benefits in the uk are so bad that kids are starving why does all the people risk life and limb on a rubber dingy trying to get here from france. 

Again, a whole lot of stereotypes, and not a lot of substance.

I'm a housing officer for a big social housing provider. I can tell you that poverty exists, and I've been in a fuck load of houses/flats where there's not even a TV for kids to watch, let alone a big-screen TV or a top-end phone. So, first hand experience I'm enlightening you with but let me guess, you'll brush it off with some other bullshit. 

Also, not all people on benefits get the 'same' money. If you're on Universal Credit, it's tapered on various things. 

If you're on job-seekers allowance, it's only approx £70-80/w. How is someone meant to live on that? And no, not every family on benefits spends all of that on drugs, booze, iPhones etc. 

Expecting all people on benefits to starve is one hell of a basic way of thinking. 

• Subscriber

The whole 'asylum seekers stopping in the first safe country' argument is actually insane. Just pause for a second and actually think about what that would look like in South and South East Europe.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Again, a whole lot of stereotypes, and not a lot of substance.

I'm a housing officer for a big social housing provider. I can tell you that poverty exists, and I've been in a fuck load of houses/flats where there's not even a TV for kids to watch, let alone a big-screen TV or a top-end phone. So, first hand experience I'm enlightening you with but let me guess, you'll brush it off with some other bullshit. 

Also, not all people on benefits get the 'same' money. If you're on Universal Credit, it's tapered on various things. 

If you're on job-seekers allowance, it's only approx £70-80/w. How is someone meant to live on that? And no, not every family on benefits spends all of that on drugs, booze, iPhones etc. 

Expecting all people on benefits to starve is one hell of a basic way of thinking. 

i know people on benefits that do fine and i know some that dont. the ones that do fine spend the money where it should go. the others i see have people dropping weed off or are in the local shops buying beer.