talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

On 07/10/2023 at 20:40, Mel81x said:

Got into "Lies of P" today and have to say it's a fun game if you like souls-like games. The attack system is a shade clunky, but I do like how it all works overall. Is it better than Sekiro or NiOh or the latest Wo Long? Not really. But it's still a fun play.

Been meaning to ask if that's worth playing. I know it's a fictional version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms (at least the early part I believe), but I have got a little interest in that (I full blame Dynasty Warriors for that).

On 09/10/2023 at 00:16, Panflute said:

The Ion Fury: Aftershock DLC came out just as I was wrapping up the main game. Still extremely good level design and gunplay on a game engine that was antiquated by the time it had come out.

I wasn't surprised to learn that the Ion Fury team is comprised of several people from the modding community, as you can really tell that they're just showing off what they can do with the Build engine. It might not look impressive if you're not familiar with the old games that ran on this engine, but some of the set pieces are nothing short of Build magic.

I've always liked what the modding community can do for PC games in general, either making good updates or add ons, remaking a game from scratch or creating something new out of an existing game (I've been watching some bits about Pokémon: Infinite Fusion and it looks well done on fairness, especially the huge amount of combinations you can do).

For me, I'm still plodding away on Advance Wars: Dark Conflict when I get a chance. I never gave it much of a chance when it first released due to how different is was from the previous three, but now I'm starting to see why some really do like it and class it as arguably the best in the series.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Been meaning to ask if that's worth playing. I know it's a fictional version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms (at least the early part I believe), but I have got a little interest in that (I full blame Dynasty Warriors for that).

As it went on I quite liked it honestly. The combat system is good and although I always feel like these games almost suck because of the PS5 controller (that trigger is weird) I still think its a great game to play. Is it better than Elden Ring? Not really, even if folks tell you so. But, its a great game nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mel81x said:

As it went on I quite liked it honestly. The combat system is good and although I always feel like these games almost suck because of the PS5 controller (that trigger is weird) I still think its a great game to play. Is it better than Elden Ring? Not really, even if folks tell you so. But, its a great game nonetheless.

I'd likely pick this up over something like Elden Ring just because of the era really. Unfortunately, I'm not back at uni so time is going to be a bit more limited. :(

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'd likely pick this up over something like Elden Ring just because of the era really. Unfortunately, I'm not back at uni so time is going to be a bit more limited. :(

I'd wait for a price-drop and then get it. The only reason I even started playing it is because I was fascinated by why everyone thought this was better than a FromSoftware game. TBF to the devs they've done a really good job and I like how the little environmental objects help you learn as time goes on but after what FS did with Elden Ring they set a very good tone for how these games should really be made. I'd even go so far as to say if you haven't played Bloodborne and you like this kind of game give that a play-through. Easily in my top ten games. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Tommy said:

GTA IV

When it came out, I had a potato PC and could only play it in slow-motion. :D So I gave up after a while. 

You playing because of the GTA Protagonist thread? xD

For me, as it's a simple game I can arguably complete while doing uni, I've been playing Pokémon Brilliant Diamond on Switch. It's not bad in fairness, though I'm never 100% sure on the chibi style they go for.

Still need to finish Advance Wars Dark Conflict mind. Think I'm on the final mission now.

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Hoping to get it at some point. Heard many good things and like the Mario platformers in general.

It's more joyous than I expected.

They really recaptured some childhood magic with this one.

Still waiting on any news for Fallout 5 and whether I will be alive by the time Bethesda actually gives a crap about their novelty series that put them on the map.  Starfield's utter failure should be a warning to Bethesda,  that continuing to forget about your Fallout and Elder Scrolls fanbase is going to hurt the bottom line. 

• Subscriber

Almost done with Lies of P and have to say the more you play it, the more you realize why folks said it was good. It's not as technically hard to master as games like Elden Ring or Sekiro or even NiOh for that matter but the bosses are well thought out and if you've always shyed away from playing a souls-like this is a good game to get started. The weapon system to me is the true highlight of this game. 

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Which part? haha. I find it quite easy honestly but then again I like these kinds of games a lot.

Think it's because I've never played any of them. Am used to all the Unchartered games and both of the last of us. I think in them games it's easier because you can sneak up and choke people and punch and kick. In Resident evil you can stealth but your knife can run out. You can kick but have to stun them first with gun shots. Just getting used to the change lol.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

After finishing it I have to say, "Lies of P" is a GOTY candidate. What they've done here is very crafty and the only reason I can't see it winning any awards (which I doubt) is the fact that it's going to be deemed a "souls" clone. This is a highly rewarding and satisfying experience on the whole as it really does challenge you in certain parts, but you can get through them with a little bit of rethinking and most importantly, patience.

Of all the games I played this year this fills a top 5 slot easily. Is it better than Wo Long? Hard to say but it's very good on its own and if you like souls-like games you really should play this. 

IMG_8912.thumb.JPG.4fe0d15583f40ca7c317a11237081b5a.JPG

Early levels and gameplay.