talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Need to think what to play next. I've more or less completed Pokèmon Brilliant Diamond and am on the final mission (I think) on Advance Wars Dark Conflict.

Thinking Last of Us Part Two or the Switch version of Link's Awakening at the moment.

Why not the new LoZ? 

23 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I still haven't played Breath of the Wild and at present with uni, I'm mainly looking at shorter games to play when I can.

I'd recommend Mario Wonder if you're looking for shorter, punchier games. It'll still take a good while to finish with some incredibly hard levels but you don't forget the plot etc the way you can with a Zelda game.

Links awakening is good too though

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'd recommend Mario Wonder if you're looking for shorter, punchier games. It'll still take a good while to finish with some incredibly hard levels but you don't forget the plot etc the way you can with a Zelda game.

Links awakening is good too though

I'm likely waiting until Christmas to have Mario Wonder, though would be the sort of game I'd play right now.

I've played Links Awakening before on the Game Boy and Game Boy Colour (Christ I'm old), so would be interested to see how the Switch version looks.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm likely waiting until Christmas to have Mario Wonder, though would be the sort of game I'd play right now.

I've played Links Awakening before on the Game Boy and Game Boy Colour (Christ I'm old), so would be interested to see how the Switch version looks.

The Switch version is actually really nice and the remake has been done with a lot of care. Honestly though Mario Wonder might be a better fit for something to just play slowly.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The Switch version is actually really nice and the remake has been done with a lot of care. Honestly though Mario Wonder might be a better fit for something to just play slowly.

I had heard good things about the remake in fairness. Had it a while ago but not got round to playing it. Like a lot of other games. :(

• Sad 1

On 09/11/2023 at 23:39, Mel81x said:

Agree. If you put link's awakening down for a week you'll plug it back in and end up trying to remember what you're meant to be doing.

I never played the original but it was a lovely game to play, and really highlights the genius of game design.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Harry said:

Agree. If you put link's awakening down for a week you'll plug it back in and end up trying to remember what you're meant to be doing.

I never played the original but it was a lovely game to play, and really highlights the genius of game design.

Yeah its one of those older Zelda's where there isn't really much to remember but staying away from it won't help you remember where you are. I think both the old and the new have their own merits. I played the original so long ago I can't even remember most of it. The new one felt a lot more polished (as it should be really) and this is Nintendo so oversight into their work was always going to be top notch.

I tried the new Robocop and all I have to say is this. I am surprised anyone thought it was a good idea to pay as much as people should be paying for this. It's so unrefined its ridiculous.

21 hours ago, Harry said:

The original was very good in fairness. Would arguably say it stands up well against the other classics in the Zelda series.

Had both the Game Boy and Game Boy Colour versions when they came out (despite being the same but you know..........colour!!!) and might still have my Game Boy Colour version somewhere.

On 08/11/2023 at 14:45, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Need to think what to play next. I've more or less completed Pokèmon Brilliant Diamond and am on the final mission (I think) on Advance Wars Dark Conflict.

Thinking Last of Us Part Two or the Switch version of Link's Awakening at the moment.

Try Last Of Us 2. You get to play Ellies and Abis story which mixes it up well. Helps you to understand things from both sides perspectives. Story isn't good as the first one but living up to that was always going to be difficult.

On 07/11/2023 at 15:45, Mel81x said:

Which part? haha. I find it quite easy honestly but then again I like these kinds of games a lot.

It was hard because I wasn't paying attention to certain things. Stuff like crafting, storing and properly understanding the map. Am now on chapter 6 and have to say it's a good game.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, MUFC said:

It was hard because I wasn't paying attention to certain things. Stuff like crafting, storing and properly understanding the map. Am now on chapter 6 and have to say it's a good game.

Glad you're enjoying it. Some of the older ones are just as nice, I'd even go so far as to recommend RE2:REMAKE as something post this game if you're having fun with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Glad you're enjoying it. Some of the older ones are just as nice, I'd even go so far as to recommend RE2:REMAKE as something post this game if you're having fun with it.

Does the second one have stealth kill like 4 does?

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Does the second one have stealth kill like 4 does?

Yeah it does ... for the enemies haha.

On a more serious note, the games are very different from each other. You have "lesser" control on the aim feature and you tend to have run motions that don't always make for the best when trying to run away from enemies. More corridor styled gaming as well which I sort of like and imo its a lot more scarier than RE4.

i was playing with a long time gamer pal on a rust server trying the attack heli.   we have insane hours with the battlefield 4 attack heli and I found the system identical and not much of a learning curve.  

it's a beast but not a fortress like battlefield.   it is weak to helpless against SAMs which are seriously OP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

ac6-1670605888212.jpg?width=300&crop=1%3A1%2Csmart&auto=webp

If you like Mecha-based games and love the idea of having to pilot a machine and combat this might be a good game for you. I have played about 2 hrs so far and I am loving it. Didn't realize FromSoftware and Bandai co-worked this and I'm probably selling it a bit short now but this is a good game imo.

Enemies are hard, machine control isn't always the easiest and it does take some getting used to but once you get over those little problems there's a very complex game under the hood and if you're playing it on PC then turn it to max settings and watch it shine because it is also a very pretty game. 

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I've not played any of the Silent Hill games. The second one has been remade and is available for PS5 on pre-order. Is it any good?

While on the subject of this game. The release date is 31st of this month. But there is no gameplay available to view. This seems a bit strange. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, MUFC said:

While on the subject of this game. The release date is 31st of this month. But there is no gameplay available to view. This seems a bit strange. 

I think that might be the wrong date. I heard its out next year in March.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I got several games during the Christmas sale, too. TheHunter: Call of the Wild, Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (thanks @Tommy), The Expanse: A Telltale Series, Disco Elysium, Assassin's Creed I: Director's Cut, and also installed Palia, a new free MMO game...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1