Other PL Round 19 Fixtures - 3-4th January, 2023

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I would like to see Brendan Rodgers at Everton next please

Same here. He's just got to go. But I don't pin it entirely on him either. He's 100% underachieving and I resent him for choosing the way he's gone about things rather than creating any kind of siege mentality. But the board deserve serious heat for this. It's disgraceful. I read the Everton complaints and I am grateful that I've seen the highs, but honestly, we've fallen harder and quicker and the ineptness is every bit as bad in my opinion.

I think we probably meet them in the Championship in two years.

• Subscriber

Moyes left Everton in 2013. Since then, Moshiri and/or Kenwright have employed Roberto Martinez, Ronald Koeman, Steve Walsh, Sam Allardyce, Marco Silva, Marcel Brands, Carlo Ancelotti, Rafa Benitez, Frank Lampard and Kevin Thelwell in the roles of either manager or director of football to improve the club's fortunes.

The Everton board (the second highest-paid board in the Premier League by the way) are about to sack yet another manager and claim with a straight face that they've got the skill and judgement to replace him with a successful candidate.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Moyes left Everton in 2013. Since then, Moshiri and/or Kenwright have employed Roberto Martinez, Ronald Koeman, Steve Walsh, Sam Allardyce, Marco Silva, Marcel Brands, Carlo Ancelotti, Rafa Benitez, Frank Lampard and Kevin Thelwell in the roles of either manager or director of football to improve the club's fortunes.

The Everton board (the second highest-paid board in the Premier League by the way) are about to sack yet another manager and claim with a straight face that they've got the skill and judgement to replace him with a successful candidate.

There is no doubt the board are the ultimate problem. They need to be held accountable for their actions because their record of getting one of those right is appalling. Anchelotti was probably as good as it got but that's not saying a great deal. No one will look back at that season in 20 years time and remember it fondly.

The board have put the club where they deserve to be and you'd argue that relegation would be richly deserved for bunch of clowns that have made countless inept decisions.

The irony is they have put so much into getting this new stadium that you do wonder if they are going to open it playing Championship football in it. Has the costs of this affected the team development in the short term? Probably I'd say, given it prevented Arsenal and Spurs signing players initially.

The nuts and bolts of the situation though is, whilst they remain, you will always be looking to stop the bleeding. Everyone wants a manager with progressive football but its not going to work for Everton right now.

Dyche is the man to get in, they can't piss about with it, needs to be done now so he has a gap to get in and get things going before the Saints game. I've never been more convinced he'll do a good job there and I think Everton fans opposed to the idea need to accept it's not going to be much better.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think Everton fans opposed to the idea need to accept it's not going to be much better.

I honestly don't think there are any that fit this description anymore.

Saw a rumour that Nuno Santo could be approached. Has links to the Director of Football Thelwell as they worked together at Wolves. God help us.

23 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I honestly don't think there are any that fit this description anymore.

Saw a rumour that Nuno Santo could be approached. Has links to the Director of Football Thelwell as they worked together at Wolves. God help us.

Hope for your sake thats bollocks. I'd say Everton are the wrong club at the wrong time for him, that ship sailed.

If he was going to come in, it needed to be after Ancelotti really when you went with Benitez, even though I don't think the fans really wanted him either at the time.

Massive game for us tonight. West Ham home.

Think it takes on an even bigger importance given we saw Everton, Bournemouth and Leicester lose last night. Saints have a 6 pointer with Forest tonight, Wolves are away so three points for us would be huge to give us some breathing space.

West Ham have had one win in nine and more alamingly, five losses in their last six. They are on a really shitty run and it would be fair to say Moyes is not completely comfortable there anymore.

Hope the fact it's a night game at Elland Road acts as an extra man tonight, we need that support and need to get points on the board against the struggling teams. I'm a bit sceptical we'll win though because I think we're missing a couple influential players still, Sinisterra being one. He has quality, as does Summerville.

Can see it being a draw, 1-1 written all over it. One of them huff and puff kinda games with half chances but lacking in quality.

Whatever happens, I know I'll be saying the same thing after the game. We need to get a striker this window, simple. We've needed one for nearly two seasons.

25 minutes ago, Dan said:

This bottom 8 is wild. We're 13th and we have less points per game than Leeds got last season.

Its quite a competitive season at both ends. I like it this way. I think you are the cut of point for relegation. Teams above you should be safe. I doubt you'll go down though 

Honestly, I'm so annoyed.

I can't stand Jesse Marsch, his tactics, his decision making and his style, and I can't get attached to this team because they are so damn frustrating to watch as a result.

Take tonight. West Ham were poor. And yet here we are handing out more presents at the back, a daft penalty and a pass back from Aaronson straight to Scamacca to score. Same stoey all the time, panic panic panic. No composure, we have a little flap and the mistakes happen. Threw away 3pts at Tottenham, threw away 2pts tonight.

We've made it so hard for ourselves giving away two easy goals, especially when we took the lead with a great worked goal.

We did enough to win the game in the end, missed two guilt edged chances and Fabianski has made a cracking save from Rodrigo at the death but we were so lacklustre for an hour that we sleepwalked into trouble. Why does it happen?

We miss too many easy chances for me, thats down to a lack of quality. If we can't bring in a striker then we've no hope.

It's such a slog watching us because of how back and forth it is and I have to say, gun to my head rigjt now, I really don't think this side stays up. Saints fans will say the same about their club, Everton, Leicester, maybe Wolves etc but I honestly think we're dogshit under Marsch and have regressed badly. We're just lucky at the moment, there's 6 or 7 sides equally as bad.

There's no fun watching this side anymore, there really isn't. I REALLY miss Marcelo Bielsa.

21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Honestly, I'm so annoyed.

I can't stand Jesse Marsch, his tactics, his decision making and his style, and I can't get attached to this team because they are so damn frustrating to watch as a result.

Take tonight. West Ham were poor. And yet here we are handing out more presents at the back, a daft penalty and a pass back from Aaronson straight to Scamacca to score. Same stoey all the time, panic panic panic. No composure, we have a little flap and the mistakes happen. Threw away 3pts at Tottenham, threw away 2pts tonight.

We've made it so hard for ourselves giving away two easy goals, especially when we took the lead with a great worked goal.

We did enough to win the game in the end, missed two guilt edged chances and Fabianski has made a cracking save from Rodrigo at the death but we were so lacklustre for an hour that we sleepwalked into trouble. Why does it happen?

We miss too many easy chances for me, thats down to a lack of quality. If we can't bring in a striker then we've no hope.

It's such a slog watching us because of how back and forth it is and I have to say, gun to my head rigjt now, I really don't think this side stays up. Saints fans will say the same about their club, Everton, Leicester, maybe Wolves etc but I honestly think we're dogshit under Marsch and have regressed badly. We're just lucky at the moment, there's 6 or 7 sides equally as bad.

There's no fun watching this side anymore, there really isn't. I REALLY miss Marcelo Bielsa.

Bielsa was conceding 3 goals a game, I wouldn't miss him.  you just don't have much quality in the squad but they work hard

• The topic was unpinned

Archived