talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What do you hope to achieve in 2023?

football forum

20 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Got a mandolin for Xmas so that's my goal for 2023, to learn to play it and actually put it to use. I'm not entirely sure how to get it into a rock band but one can only hope for miracles.

Awesome. Good luck with that, you played anything similar before?

I think when you learn to play an instrument to a reasonable standard from scratch it's a solid achievement, not everyone has the patience and dedication.

I love the higher tones you get on Mandolin's or Ukelele's, they always sound like Folk or Country and Western songs too. Reminds me of this video from about 9 years ago. These are Ukelele's to be fair, but was always mesmerised by it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be difficult as 2023 is off to a 'bottom of the mountain' start but the tentative goals are as follows:

• Visit England and watch the Ashes
  • Complete immigration paperwork
  • Immigrate
  • Spend Christmas with my family, either in Australia if we do immigrate, or in Hawaii if we don't

;

• Subscriber

Finally move jobs as I'm stagnating in my current one and need more of a challenge - I'd like it to be more in line with my degree but we shall see on that part. I just want a new job with more money as I'm earning a lot less on average for my age group
- Restart my podcast - stopped it when Grimsby got relegated and really miss doing it. I'll need to find a schedule that works for me though as it took it out of me doing it on weekends on the last run.

Other than those, just the usual 'be happy' ones!

Archived