talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester & Leeds Relegated to the Championship

football forum

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I mean, lets be absolutely real about things here.

Burnley, Sheff Utd, Luton, Reading, Blackpool and Wigan all replaced by Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Ipswich, Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday.

Its a stark contrast. The Championship looks glitzy not just from those who have gone down but Wednesday will always be a big name and Ipswich are a club with great momentum, progressing well on and off the pitch and you feel they got the potential to contest.

Going to be very difficult especially when you add others like Middlesbrough, Watford, Norwich, West Brom, Blackburn, Sunderland etc to the mix. Definitely as strong as its been for a long time.

I think attendances could be at an all time high when you see what the calibre of those clubs draw in normally.

The biggest issue for us is every away game we play, it feels like the team we are visiting have a massive chip on their shoulder playing us. Millwall, Middlesbrough, Hull etc.

Odd behaviour but makes it more difficult to get results.

I would normally say we're getting our seasonal 6 points from you, but we're in such a shit state that you'll likely pump us like you did in the FA Cup replay.

If you or anyone wants easy money, put money on us for relegation.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone nearly always goes straight back up. And some do spend a long time away. Can not think of too many that just took a couple of years. And it is a really difficult league. With a whole quarter of the division new each year. Either on the up from division below, or those with parachute payments from above. New threats from both directions for the 1s who stay there.

I think the Championship is the best league in England personally.  There's legitimate parity and anyone can realistically come out of nowhere to get promoted (or demoted!).  I know it's the dream for all clubs to play in the premier league but when you have zero chance of winning anything at that level, what's the point?  Getting promoted has become more about the money and prestige than actual sporting acumen.  I'd rather play in a competitive league, even it it means selling off some talent from time to time to remain sustainable.  

leeds_united_squad_depth_square_2022_2023.png

I can see Rodrigo, Koch, Llorente, Harrison, Roca, Aaronson, and Firpo gone.  Either sold or told to find a new club because of wages.  It would be nice to keep Adams, Sinisterra, Struijk, and Gnonto.  

Obvious needs: LB, CM, DM, AM.  Plenty of depth at CB for the Championship.

On 29/05/2023 at 14:20, Dan said:

We aren't prepared in the slightest. We had no preparation done for the most obviously needed manager sacking ever. People are underestimating the task we have with the idiots involved. I don't think we'll go up.

This is exactly what I meant. 

Archived