talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Biggest Spending Managers

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to take the inflation in transfer fees into account with those stats. If we do this then Wenger doesn't look good at all.

I haven't done the maths on the inflation in football transfer fees from 84 to 2000 onwards, bit for whoever wants to do it I'm sure things won't look good for the French coach. 

Guardiola who started in 2008 with an average of £94m spend per season even though he was at 2 clubs with pretty much complete squads that he didn't stick around at to do a rebuilding job. What the fuck? xD

2 minutes ago, robosys said:

oh really? you do know Allegri ditched Conte's 3 man defence in his first season and made Juventus more flexible tactically? He built his own team even after losing key players and has made them a team to beat in Champions League. Allegri > Conte spin it all you want.

Actually anyone that knows anything about Allegri will know he has tried and failed to use the 3 man at the back tactic. Allegri is very overvalued although a good coach. 

2 minutes ago, robosys said:

oh really? you do know Allegri ditched Conte's 3 man defence in his first season and made Juventus more flexible tactically? He built his own team even after losing key players and has made them a team to beat in Champions League. Allegri > Conte spin it all you want.

You clown, he was mocking Teso by posting something that is equally untrue.It follows the exact logic of Teso's post about Conte and Mourinho.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:congrats:

You just agreed with someone that in effect proved your previous post wrong. FFS

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Guardiola who started in 2008 with an average of £94m spend per season even though he was at 2 clubs with pretty much complete squads that he didn't stick around at to do a rebuilding job. What the fuck? xD

Indeed, which is why I made that othwr thread entitled "Guardiola the Billion Euro man".

Still even so Wenger has been a failure. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Actually anyone that knows anything about Allegri will know he has tried and failed to use the 3 man at the back tactic. Allegri is very overvalued although a good coach. 

Okay, I will definitely watch out for Conte's master class in the Champions League with his 3 man tactical tweaks and stuffs :coffee:

8 minutes ago, robosys said:

Okay, I will definitely watch out for Conte's master class in the Champions League with his 3 man tactical tweaks and stuffs :coffee:

But you're already arguing on assumptions and the future.

Are you related to Nostradamus?

I do understand that winning or doing well in a tournament such as the Champions League has connotations associated with luck and understanding.

I don't need to wait. But you do which I have sympathies for. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But you're already arguing on assumptions and the future.

Are you related to Nostradamus?

I don understand that winning or doing well in a tournament such as the Champions League has connotations associated with luck and understanding.

I don't need to wait. But you do which I have sympathies for. 

Nostradamus? lol... and no I am not waiting or anything like that, merely pointing out the fact that Conte is a good coach no doubt but there are other coaches who are better than him and Allegri is one of them. Just for opinion sake, how much do you rate Simeone?

1 minute ago, robosys said:

Nostradamus? lol... and no I am not waiting or anything like that, merely pointing out the fact that Conte is a good coach no doubt but there are other coaches who are better than him and Allegri is one of them.... anyways, just for opinion sake how much do out rate Simeone?

What a load of bollocks. 

How is Allegri one of them when the very moment Conte came into Serie A,   Allegri's Milan won fuck all?  Conte literally took Allegri's league title crown and regressed Milan to obscurity for years. SO much so that when deciding on the next Italian national team coach, it was a no brainer to choose Conte over Allegri. But hey ho, highly skilled football experts are wrong because you say so...

Conte set the foundation for the Juventus team, to which Allegri took over and put in his own ideas. (which he deserves credit for I admit). However, Allegri took something that already had a foundation proven to succeed, and tweaked it,  What Conte did to Juventus took a much greater effort and risk as opposed to Allegri. 

Simeone?

I have massive respect for him because he's done what very few have been able to do with Atleti and that's tirn them into genuine contenders for anything and everything. He took over Atlético Madrid when they were in dire straits for cash and did his part to bring in the results while others fed off that and turned them into a product that makes money. It's a shame they're banned from signing until January (while Real Madrid got off with it having committed the same thing). They now have money, not as much as many (which actually shows his worth with results), bit they could've inproved on the squad for the start of the new season.

Anyway... In saying all of this... I wouldn't want Diego Pablo Simeone anywhere near either Arsenal or Barcelona. His football is something I can't bear even though I have respect for it at the start. But right now that team can play better football and they don't because he has his competitive ways.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Simeone?

I have massive respect for him because he's done what very few have been able to do with Atleti and that's tirn them into genuine contenders for anything and everything. He took over Atlético Madrid when they were in dire straits for cash and did his part to bring in the results while others fed off that and turned them into a product that makes money. It's a shame they're banned from signing until January (while Real Madrid got off with it having committed the same thing). They now have money, not as much as many (which actually shows his worth with results), bit they could've inproved on the squad for the start of the new season.

Anyway... In saying all of this... I wouldn't want Diego Pablo Simeone anywhere near either Arsenal or Barcelona. His football is something I can't bear even though I have respect for it at the start. But right now that team can play better football and they don't because he has his competitive ways.

Well said

4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

You have to adjust Wenger and Mourinho's spending for inflation.

Yep...  I said that too.  Anyone defending Wenger's spending compared to those coaches that started in some cases 15 years later need to adjust inflation on transfer fees.

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yep...  I said that too.  Anyone defending Wenger's spending compared to those coaches that started in some cases 15 years later need to adjust inflation on transfer fees.

It's also harsh on Mourinho looking at his grand total because some seasons he only spent £300m :ph34r:

There's no doubt Mourinho has (Porto aside, but you can't live off one accolade all your life) spent a lot of money and been at clubs that have been able to provide him with top players.  Guardiola too!  At the top end he started at Barça and where he hasn't got a Porto story to his CV (discounting his work for Barça 'B'), he did promote many youth products and at times had a 100% homegrown side on the field of play (that's his Porto).

But they've both spent big and they're not the only ones.  This thread isn't about whether or not they've spent correctly or not although that should be the question because all of this having to spend big every single summer only shows one thing and that is...  Not knowing what you're dong and spending till you get it right.

In any other walk of life, in any other high end job they'd be on the street.  Yeah!  Anyone can succeed if you keep on throwing money at it or playing silly buggers on the field of play.  If I put a cork up my arse I ain't gonna get buggered! (don't know how many will get that last bit :dam:xD)

• Subscriber

This thread would be a good read if not for the immature bollocks spamming up half of the thread.

It's already been said about Mourinho - anyone else would have spent that money in the jobs he's been in. Why people are shitting their pants about him playing boring football makes no sense because his record of silverware speaks for itself. It is open to debate whether he will succeed or not at United, and yes he does need to now he's spent so much money on the team, but it's absolutely ludicrous writing Mourinho off as a chequebook manager when the whole reason he got jobs at Chelsea, Real Madrid etc. was because he won the Champions League with a relatively under-resourced Porto in the first place.

Archived