talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha Joins Galatasary

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12160089/Atletico-Madrid-enquire-Wilfried-Zaha-weighs-contract-offer-Crystal-Palace.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Atletico Madrid have enquired about a possible swoop for Wilfried Zaha - who has until the end of June to decide whether to accept Crystal Palace’s latest contract offer.

The Spanish club have made overtures regarding Zaha’s situation in recent days as they step-up their summer recruitment plans.

The Ivory Coast international is available on a free transfer and Atletico boss Diego Simeone is known be a long-term admirer of Zaha having tried to sign the winger in 2020.

The 30-year-old will take his time to decide his future ahead of next season and could still stay at Selhurst Park.

The Eagles have offered Zaha a new long-term contract worth around £200,000-per-week, a deal the attacker is giving serious consideration to.

The formal offer from Palace expires at the end of month, meaning Zaha has just under four weeks to decide whether to extend his stay in south London.

But given his contractual status, Zaha is free to discuss potential moves away from Selhurst and does not want to rush his decision.

In addition to Atletico’s interest, Zaha has several offers from the Middle East, mainly in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi champions Al-Ittihad have offered Zaha a deal worth £9million, after tax, to join them next season.

But the opportunity of playing in La Liga could tempt Zaha, who is understood to be keen to continue playing at the highest possible level.

The fact Atletico have also qualified for next season’s Champions League will also be attractive to Zaha, who has never played in European competition.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't read to much in to the Daily Mail but he's got an interesting decision to make.

He could be a useful squad player for any European side. That said I don't think the personality he exerts would cope well being 'the new Choupo-Moting' for a marquee European side as opposed to being the big fish in a small pond.

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

At his age I don't think the Saudi move will be his thinking. He's still got a lot to give.

I'd definitely agree he has at least three solid years at the top level, however, I just wonder if he'll be tempted to join Saudi given the lifestyle, future security earnings wise and with how up and coming it is, attracting Ronaldo, possibly Messi, Benzema etc that the opportunity to play with one of those twists his arm.

Could be wrong though, just a little hunch. 

If he was going to go anywhere in Europe, I'd possibly see him in Serie A, somewhere like Milan maybe.

pretty unambitious of him if true, tbh. As @The Palace Fan said he's still got plenty of ability to give top level football - and unlike players like Benzema & Messi, he can't say he's given it a real go at a club with ambitions to win a title other than when he went to United a bit too early and probably slowed his development a bit.

I understand it.... because a lot of money is... well it's a lot of money and that's tempting to anybody. But I think it's wildly unambitious of him.

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Atletico Madrid, PSG and Saudi Clubs Interested
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Steven Gerrard has held face-to-face talks with Wilfried Zaha over a proposed £16million-per-season, after tax, move to Al Ettifaq.

However, the deal is on the brink of collapse due to anger from Saudi officials working on behalf of Al-Ettifaq amid claims Zaha's advisors are trying to negotiate more money from the deal.

In a development that could play into Crystal Palace's hands as they look to persuade their iconic figure to stay at Selhurst Park, Mail Sport has learned that Saudi officials have told Zaha's representatives that they are unwilling to increase their offer and will only proceed if they agree on the original deal.

Al-Ettifaq have made a formal offer to pay Zaha, who is a free agent, an astronomical deal worth a net amount of £16million a season ($20m) - a sum that would equate to £600,000-per-week before tax. The offer was formally made in writing.

However, sources close to the Saudi Pro League have revealed the deal is currently off after Zaha's advisors asked for up to £7.5million more to agree the deal. A Saudi source said: 'There is not a bottomless pit of money and we will not be held to ransom.'

There is a feeling Al-Ettifaq can sign as many as three world class players with the money it could cost to lure Zaha to Saudi.

It remains to be seen whether the deal can be revived. Indeed, it is looking increasingly likely that a move Saudi for Zaha will not happen this summer.

There has also been an offer from Al-Nassr, but that deal has since been withdrawn amid similar objections from Saudi officials. Lazio and Fenerbahce have also made formal approaches but on less money than the offer of a four-year deal at Palace.

Palace's gambit of a £200,000-per-week contract extension has officially expired because it was a renewal deal. He previous deal at Selhurst Park expired on July 1.

However, a completely new contract for Zaha is now on the table and if he wants to stay in European football then, as it stands, the deal with Palace is the most lucrative.

Paris Saint-Germain, Atletico Madrid and Napoli have also made enquiries for Zaha, who will make a decision on his future once he returns from his honeymoon next week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12279725/Steven-Gerrard-holds-Wilfried-Zaha-talks-16m-season-Saudi-deal-set-collapse.html

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Offer from Al-Ettifaq

Ed Aaron's, whose source has previously been Dougie Freedman, wrote an article last week. He said PSG and Napoli have made contact with Zaha's representatives but Crystal Palace are still confident he will stay (!?!).

He also said Joachim Anderson has attracted interest from clubs but Crystal Palace are refusing to sell players for less than 40m and the bulk of the money will go on developing the main stand.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Devil said:

Wtf!

The graveyard league, why would you leave Palace for Galatasary. Surely staying in the Prem is better.

I don't think it's happening. Fabrizio has jumped on Ornstein's tweet but the Palace camp haven't said anything. 

He got a barrage of abuse (and in talking hundreds of messages) from Fenerbache fans for not signing with them and they blamed his partner. I'd be surprised if he's willing to move to that league just to play in the Champions League six times a year.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't think it's happening. Fabrizio has jumped on Ornstein's tweet but the Palace camp haven't said anything. 

He got a barrage of abuse (and in talking hundreds of messages) from Fenerbache fans for not signing with them and they blamed his partner. I'd be surprised if he's willing to move to that league just to play in the Champions League six times a year.

Great for a holiday, I'm sat in a bar now enjoying 40 plus heat but football wise its killed off so many careers. 

Both huge clubs Gala and Fener but you're totally forgotten about aren't you. He deserves more than that as he's been a brilliant footballer.

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha Joins Galatasary

What a disappointing move. If it was all about the money, I’m surprised he didn’t go to the Saudi league. If it’s not just the money, surely he could have gotten better? No disrespect to the Turkish league, but it’s such a drop from the level he was at. 

Now over had time to digest what has happened, I'm still annoyed. Don't get me wrong, theres a lot of Premier League snobbery in my thought process as Galatasary are a big club with a large fan base, but it's the 8th best league in the world where Sorloth looked like a world beater in. When I said I don't think he'd cope well not being 'the big fish in the small pond' I didn't expect him to take it to this extreme.

What also annoys me is the timing, some of the ITK's with good track records have come forwards to say that on Friday they were under the impression that Wilfried Zaha was going to meet Steve Parish on Monday and sign a new contract. So this news has come out of nowhere in the third week of July. Maybe we were being to lenient with a guy that's wanted to leave for the past four seasons but it feels like we've been strung along late in to pre season and now we're going to have a fight to be ready for Sheffield United.

I shouldn't really be bothered, I said that the clubs priority all along this summer should be tieing Eberechi Eze down to a longer contract. Riyad Mahrez leaving Manchester City could create a problem to, as there's a clear pathway for Michael Olise to the first team at a fantastic club. Keeping both these players should be a bigger priority than renewing a 30 year old who was injured during our best spell last season on a 200k p/w contract for four years.

Its not that hes left thats annoyed me. It's the timing and decision that's irritating.

Archived