The better place to talk football.

Marc Cucurella - Manchester United Agree Personal Terms

• The title was changed to Marc Cucurella - Chelsea Could Sell
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think this is dependent on what the club do with Hall/Maatsen. 

At 30m I doubt the club will sell and take that much of a hit on FFP. 

judging by how they are trying to fleece everyone in Mount, Havertz and dropping rejects like Pulisic on anyone not regarded a "big club" indicated desperation to sell.

I heard something about 110m needed by 30 June or they are a bit fucked.

10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

judging by how they are trying to fleece everyone in Mount, Havertz and dropping rejects like Pulisic on anyone not regarded a "big club" indicated desperation to sell.

I heard something about 110m needed by 30 June or they are a bit fucked.

It depends on how much validity this June 30th deadline is. I think the club have weighed the risks to determine that copping a sanction now is better than copping one later. The real pain in UEFA's FFP comes in the 2025-26 season, where club spending will be hard capped to 70% of total revenue. So, maybe we've decided to go for it now while spending is still soft capped, drum up commercial support and remain competitive when the hard caps come into play.

1. Either the club stick to their poker game in the belief United and Arsenal will cave and pay closer to the clubs asking price for Mount + Havertz  (on top of Kovacic to City and Saudi Clubs getting our Muslim players.) to accommodate FFP. 

2. June 30th is a soft deadline and the club is laxed about getting deals done. 

3. Club weighed the risks and will take a sanction hit now vs in 2026 where regulations will worsen. 

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

He's an abysmal footballer.

Wasn't he better at Leicester?  I thought he was.  Must have been something about him for Chelsea to buy.  

I would take him at United on loan with an option to buy.

Edited by Redcanuck

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Wasn't he better at Leicester?  I thought he was.  Must have been something about him for Chelsea to buy.  

*Brighton 

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

Right.  Sorry about that.  Still thought he was a better player before he got to Chelsea.

I think in Brighton's compact system he does well. He's a good player if you want someone who is good at retaining the ball and can play out from the back. 

As a defender though he is pretty poor. Flat footed all the time. Think United will be better off staying away but hey they spent 60m on Mount and gave him a 300kpw deal. 

• The title was changed to Marc Cucurella - Manchester United Linked
  • The title was changed to Marc Cucurella - Manchester United Agree Personal Terms