• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nathan Collins - Wolves to Brentford

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12913693/brentford-agree-163-23m-club-record-transfer-for-collins-with-wolves

The transfer for Collins, who signed for Wolves from Burnley last summer for around £20m, will surpass the £21m fee paid for 21-year-old German forward Kevin Schade and make him Brentford's most expensive signing ever; centre-back has been a priority position for the Bees

Brentford have agreed a club-record deal to sign centre-back Nathan Collins from Wolves for £23m.

The transfer for Collins, who signed for Wolves from Burnley last summer for around £20m, will surpass the £21m fee paid for 21-year-old German forward Kevin Schade and make him Brentford's most expensive signing ever.

The 22-year-old Republic of Ireland international, who has 14 caps for his country, will undergo a medical with the west London club in the next few days.

47 minutes ago, Devil said:

Did the Wolves manager end up quiting due to lack of funds?

Seem to clearing the decks don't they, I wonder what their plan is?

FFP. They really needed to balance the books.

People might easily forget that last year they spent big, like over £160m big...

Matheus Nunes £45m

Goncalo Guedes £32m

Nathan Collins £24m

Joao Gomes £18m

Sasa Kaladzic £18m

Hwang £15m (Deal turned permanent)

Lemina £11m

Sarabia £5m

They can't afford to have another summer like that. And before they make moves themselves, they need to recoup some money hense selling two first teamers in Neves and Collins for best part of £80m.

It does feel like slowly but surely the sand timer is running out for them in the Premier League though.

• The title was changed to Nathan Collins - Wolves to Brentford
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, Lucas said:

People might easily forget that last year they spent big, like over £160m big...

Matheus Nunes £45m

Goncalo Guedes £32m

Nathan Collins £24m

Joao Gomes £18m

Sasa Kaladzic £18m

Lemina £11m

Sarabia £5m

They can't afford to have another summer like that. And before they make moves themselves, they need to recoup some money hense selling two first teamers in Neves and Collins for best part of £80m.

It does feel like slowly but surely the sand timer is running out for them in the Premier League though.

That's an absolutely horrible window.

On 05/07/2023 at 00:06, Lucas said:

Matheus Nunes £45m

Goncalo Guedes £32m

Nathan Collins £24m

Joao Gomes £18m

Sasa Kaladzic £18m

Lemina £11m

Sarabia £5m

Local media suggest trouble with the owners being able to put funds into the club too. 

• Subscriber

I'm surprised clubs, particularly sellers haven't cottoned onto Brighton & Brentford yet. If Brentford are coming in for your player it almost certainly means you've undervalued them.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I'm surprised clubs, particularly sellers haven't cottoned onto Brighton & Brentford yet. If Brentford are coming in for your player it almost certainly means you've undervalued them.

Or it means you dont have the money to value them correctly lol

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Danny said:

Or it means you dont have the money to value them correctly lol

I can understand a lower league club but Wolves selling to you just seems silly to me. I think Wolves have a chance of the drop this season.

Archived