talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lewis Hall - Newcastle Sign Chelsea Defender on Loan

On 09/08/2023 at 18:14, The Palace Fan said:

image_from_ios.thumb.jpg.3f3d27a9257feccc4a0776bfe606934c.jpg

This is the exact moment where Flynn Downes bolted last summer.

History looks like it might repeat itself with Newcastle showing interest.

Im still quietly confident. Im sure Chelsea would rather send him here than a rival competing for a CL spot.

38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think that is photoshop. 

Would be be going to Newcastle to play LB?

I see him playing a versatile role,  like James Perch did.   The value of that type of player is hard to quantify but he will certainly develop more than on the bench at Chelsea. 

First XI

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Tierney/Hall

Tonali

BrunoG

Joe7inton

Almiron

Isak

Barnes

Second XI

Dubravka

Livramento

Lascelles

Burn

Targett

Anderson

Longstaff

Willock

Murphy

Wilson

Gordon

Surplus: Dummett, Ritchie, Karius

Academy:  McArthur, Alex Murphy, Miley, Parkinson, De Bolle, Turner-Cooke

53 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I see him playing a versatile role,  like James Perch did.   The value of that type of player is hard to quantify but he will certainly develop more than on the bench at Chelsea. 

First XI

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Tierney/Hall

Tonali

BrunoG

Joe7inton

Almiron

Isak

Barnes

Second XI

Dubravka

Livramento

Lascelles

Burn

Targett

Anderson

Longstaff

Willock

Murphy

Wilson

Gordon

Surplus: Dummett, Ritchie, Karius

Academy:  McArthur, Alex Murphy, Miley, Parkinson, De Bolle, Turner-Cooke

Things would start to make a little more sense then.

If you guarantee him a starting spot at LB + Champions League football, I can see him pushing for the move. (Toon fan as well). 

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Things would start to make a little more sense then.

If you guarantee him a starting spot at LB + Champions League football, I can see him pushing for the move. (Toon fan as well). 

Getting Hall (or Tierney) would buy us an extra year to delay center backs as it will mean Burn will move back to Center back cover. 

i read that some time ago that he is a big Newcastle fan.  probably the best time to come as there is no Steve Bruce to ruin him.   

he fits the model as we are trying to get the squad younger and if we can land Tino and Hall in the same window that's proper business. 

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Player would prefer Champions League football over team that routinely finishes outside top half. Wow. Please tell me this weekends lottery numbers.

Funny. 

Except my point was Hall pushing to join Newcastle vs Chelsea deeming him as surplus and needing to sell. 

He was offered a 6+1 year extension. Club didn't want to sell until Newcastle showed interest and the player pushed for the move, as David Ornstein stated. 

He's a good chance creator from out wide and definitely a player that can be molded into a good LB. At the moment he is still horrific defensively.

£30m+ for a 18 year old with only 8 Premier League starts is pretty good business. 

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He was offered a 6+1 year extension. Club didn't want to sell until Newcastle showed interest and the player pushed for the move, as David Ornstein stated. 

He's a good chance creator from out wide and definitely a player that can be molded into a good LB. At the moment he is still horrific defensively.

£30m+ for a 18 year old with only 8 Premier League starts is pretty good business. 

https://fbref.com/en/players/da011f18/scout/365_m1/Lewis-Hall-Scouting-Report

If that is bad defensively,  I would hate to see him when he is having an average day. 

13 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

https://fbref.com/en/players/da011f18/scout/365_m1/Lewis-Hall-Scouting-Report

If that is bad defensively,  I would hate to see him when he is having an average day. 

He's got 9 Premier League appearances. 8 starts. 

His metrics in comparison to other fullbacks in the league as a percentile will have its discrepancies. 

• The title was changed to Lewis Hall - Chelsea Accept Newcastle Offer
7 hours ago, Danny said:

Whenever I’ve seen him play he’s looked out of his depth, interesting move

Totally disagree.

Thought he was supurb against Man Utd at Old Trafford near the end if the season and tbh, thought he was decent against City at the Etihad, although they had just won the league at that point.

Lots of development to come for sure but out of his depth, couldn't disagree more and I've seen Junior Firpo play Left Back in the Premier League for two years.

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Totally disagree.

Thought he was supurb against Man Utd at Old Trafford near the end if the season and tbh, thought he was decent against City at the Etihad, although they had just won the league at that point.

Lots of development to come for sure but out of his depth, couldn't disagree more and I've seen Junior Firpo play Left Back in the Premier League for two years.

In fairness I’ve only seen him a couple of times, but he just kept losing the ball and losing duels.

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

That's a ridiculous fee, something dodgy going on at Chelsea. That fee has blown my mind given his lack of games.

8 hours ago, Devil said:

That's a ridiculous fee, something dodgy going on at Chelsea. That fee has blown my mind given his lack of games.

Real Madrid signed vinicius and rodrygo from brazil for over 30m,  and didn't chelsea also sign a teen from brazil for about 40m this season. 

• The title was changed to Lewis Hall - Newcastle Sign Chelsea Defender on Loan