talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The Netflix F1 documentary "Drive to Survive" has been released. 10 episodes :o 

And both Ferrari and Mercedes are not in it because they were the only teams to refuse access to the filming crew xD 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

And both Ferrari and Mercedes are not in it because they were the only teams to refuse access to the filming crew xD 

Apparently Ferrari granted some access towards the end of the season and will feature in the last episodes of the series. FIA still trying to convince both to fully participate xD

I bet Lewis was gutted that he couldn't present himself in that show. Probably had some "A-List" celebs booked to hang out with him when the film crew came around :ph34r:

Okay one episode into the Series. Is this a Danny Ricciardo documentary? If so, I am totally okay with it. Na joking, I guess they focus on someone else every episode. Bit over-dramatic with the sound effects and fake commentary, but a few nice behind the scene views. I'll definitely watch the whole thing. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If only he knew what was to come. 

I'm sure he's still content. Winning a race in a Toro Rosso, which his opponent, who always sat in a race winning car, surely wouldn't be capable of, and four world titles are not that bad. 

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Honestly, give it a rest ffs. Such a tedious section this at times. 

Haha, I knew I'd get you with Stroll :D Anyone who dishes out also must be able to take it, mate. Gotta learn that.

Anyway, watched 2 episode of that Netflix documentary. Pretty decent to be honest. First episode focused on Ricciardo as the driver and Haas as a team, and the second episode was about the two spaniards Sainz and Alonso. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Hahaha sorry for that bite mate, Stroll is out of bounds in these discussions :ph34r:. Saw the preview for the next episode, Alonso behind the scenes should be fun. 

Said to the Mrs that I'm not sure why there aren't interviews with Mercedes and Ferrari? Find don't film in their pit but what's wrong with an interview?

Ferrari has always been very secretive and reclusive when it comes to media stuff. Only recently they've started posting a bit more on social media. Give them time to get accustomed to the real world :D Not sure about Mercedes. Maybe they're just cunts. 

• Subscriber

Both Ferrari and Mercedes wanted different terms to the rest of the teams and Netflix producers didn't feel comfortable with that. I can imagine that it's probably because both were in a championship battle so didn't want any additional distractions and were wary that unlimited access could be used to leak sensitive information; I mean they are all properly paranoid there... Or it was just a question of money and level of control. To be fair it's probably for the best though anyway as now we have more focus and insight into other teams instead of the usual Ferrari/Mercedes wankfest. 

• Subscriber

Really enjoying that Netflix series. Never thought I'd see the day F1 and the teams and drivers signed off on so many of these behind the scenes conversations going on film. Four episodes in, a lot of interesting stuff on the various Red Bull/Ricciardo/Verstappen/Renault developments. 

He splits opinion but I do have a lot of time for Christian Horner. While he clearly misread the Ricciardo situation I feel like he's one of the much more solid team bosses.

Abiteboul is an interesting character as well.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 08/03/2019 at 23:09, MUFC said:

Could be an extra point for the fastest lap.

Now official... Starting with Australian GP, one point will be awarded to the driver who achieved the fastest lap of the race and to the constructor whose car they were driving, providing that the lap time was achieved without incurring a penalty and the driver was in the top 10 positions of the final race classification.

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

Now official... Starting with Australian GP, one point will be awarded to the driver who achieved the fastest lap of the race and to the constructor whose car they were driving, providing that the lap time was achieved without incurring a penalty and the driver was in the top 10 positions of the final race classification.

Imagine you having a bad race, lingering around 12th with 8 laps left, no chance of getting any points. You could just pit=stop, new fresh wheels and grab an easy point. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Imagine you having a bad race, lingering around 12th with 8 laps left, no chance of getting any points. You could just pit=stop, new fresh wheels and grab an easy point. 

The point for fastest lap is only awarded if the driver finished in top 10!