talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Mimimimimi. I see Nico Rosberg is turning into a Jacques Villeneuve. For someone who retired to keep away from F1 media circus he surely tries to attract attention way too much lately with his "controversial" remarks on Schumi, Lauda, Wolff, and now Verstappen. 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Mimimimimi. I see Nico Rosberg is turning into a Jacques Villeneuve. For someone who retired to keep away from F1 media circus he surely tries to attract attention way too much lately with his "controversial" remarks on Schumi, Lauda, Wolff, and now Verstappen. 

He's not wrong though. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He's not wrong though. 

In this case? Sure. Max is overly self-confident and a bit arrogant, just like most of the best F1 drivers before him. The question is, why is Rosberg all over the media again with pointless comments? Complaining about how Mercedes treated Schumi "better" than him (geez I wonder why), claiming that Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda were clueless when they first joined Mercedes. For someone who couldn't handle the heat he surely seems to crave attention now. 

44 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He was shite. 

He was close to Nasr and Wehrlein, latter was once Mercedes promising prodigy. Leclerc made him look pretty bad because Leclerc is Leclerc. 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I just think it's quite telling that he never outshone any teammate that he had and despite Leclerc being who he is being shown up by a rookie starts to ring alarm bells. He was never going to seriously pull up any trees so why not switch. 

I'm not suggesting he was World Champion material or a top driver, but he was average, and not as terrible as many people claim because of their "pay driver"-whining. But Leclerc was no ordinary rookie, is all I'm saying. 

• Subscriber

Listened to that podcast this evening, very interesting after the years Di Montezemolo spent at Ferrari. Like many Italians, he wasn't shy about romanticising certain elements of the past such as Senna apparently agreeing to try and get out of his Williams contract to join Ferrari the week of Imola 1994. I was surprised how honest he was in his views of Alonso and Vettel, that they weren't or aren't quite as strong as Lauda and Schumacher were for Ferrari.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Tommy said:

So the podcast came out and it turns out di Montezemolo really said those words. I always rated Fernando as a driver, but never really as a person. Big moron.

Well to be fair, that is not the full quote of what di Montezemolo said and cutting that sentence short takes a lot out of context and makes it look a bit like inflammatory clickbait...

Full quote: "He was Alonso, not Alonso-Ferrari. When he wins, he’s happy. When he doesn’t win, it’s the problem of the team, he’s unhappy. In other words, he’s less close to the team than Michael and Niki, particularly in the difficult moments. To be close to the team in the good moments is easy.  In terms of performance, Fernando was very good. For me, Alonso is with Hamilton and Vettel and in the race, he's very close to Michael. In the race, Alonso was and is a fantastic driver. He lost the championship not for his mistakes. If he won one championship, today we are talking about something different. We are talking that Alonso, despite many years he didn't have the best car, he was able to win the championship. Alonso is very strong."

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Obviously not been told to say that - fucking fuck fuck fuck cunt. Honestly can't put into words how much I despite the Stroll bloodline. 

Fuck off.

Your hate is getting a bit weird though, especially since Lance had a decent race in Australia. Is it envy? :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Ugh. :shutup:

Can't stand him but at least he's got a clue when he's talking about racing. Should stick to it as well instead of trying to play an armchair psychologist and talk about mental coaching, nature & nurture, human psyche and the likes. I watched his podcast with Toto Wolff and was honestly cringing at certain parts.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Can see Charles progressing well in the next couple of years, then being kicked out to make way for Schuey junior. 

I can see Mick replacing Seb and joining Charles in Ferrari in two years if he keeps on developing well.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I can see Mick replacing Seb and joining Charles in Ferrari in two years if he keeps on developing well.

I dig you buddy, but would Ferrari see having 2 top young hungry drivers as a dilemma? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

I dig you buddy, but would Ferrari see having 2 top young hungry drivers as a dilemma? 

Hmm I think in two years time Leclerc will either have already won the title or gotten very close to it, depending on how good and reliable the car is. Mick would be signed as a #2 driver, as a promising talent and also as a great marketing opportunity. I don't think Ferrari would see a dilemma here; it's a win-win situation for everyone involved. Of course it depends on how well Mick develops in the first place. It's his first season in F2 and also his first F1 test; he needs time to adapt to the machinery and Pirelli tyres, and while I don't doubt that he'll end up in F1 one way or another, I hope they don't rush him and I think Ferrari will put him in a Sauber seat first.