talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Alright @nudge and @Tommy

Who is your favorite driver of all time? Just one...

And have either of you ever been to a race? 

Heinz-Harald Frentzen or Sebastian Vettel for me. 

And yes, I have been to the Nürburgring in 2013. I recorded this video:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Heinz-Harald Frentzen or Sebastian Vettel for me. 

And yes, I have been to the Nürburgring in 2013. I recorded this video:

You had 1 requirement, and that was one driver...damnit Tsubs. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Alright @nudge and @Tommy

Who is your favorite driver of all time? Just one...

And have either of you ever been to a race? 

As I said before, Michael Schumacher will always be my #1.

Have been to various racing tracks, especially often in Nürburgring, but never for an F1 race. I love F1 but for live viewing I much prefer the likes of VLN or GT Masters or any other GT/sportscars race event as it's much cheaper and way more personal with free access to the pits, drivers, cars and whatnot. 

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

You had 1 requirement, and that was one driver...damnit Tsubs. 

Frentzen then. I remember jumping on my parents couch when he won his first race in San Marino back in 1997. Used to draw his Williams car all the time to as a kid :D

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Frentzen then. I remember jumping on my parents couch when he won his first race in San Marino back in 1997. Used to draw his Williams car all the time to as a kid :D

I had a Michael Schumacher Thermoskanne that I brought with me everywhere I went xD 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I had a Michael Schumacher Thermoskanne that I brought with me everywhere I went xD 

I only started to like Schumacher when he got older, in his last Ferrari year or so. He mellowed a bit and seemed like a nicer guy. I always thought he was very arrogant before that :ph34r: And he stole Heinz Harald Frentzen's girlfriend :( :D

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I only started to like Schumacher when he got older, in his last Ferrari year or so. He mellowed a bit and seemed like a nicer guy. I always thought he was very arrogant before that :ph34r: And he stole Heinz Harald Frentzen's girlfriend :( :D

For me as a kid watching him drive the car was pure magic; raw speed, his driving style and especially his cornering technique, also his incredible performances on a wet track in the rain. I also loved his confidence and determination; he seemed to radiate authority and command respect with his presence alone. For sure he had quite a few highly controversial moments on the track and while I wasn't proud of them, I was still always impressed with his sheer will to win, his hunger and resilience. I can definitely understand how that could come across as arrogance, especially combined with his privacy and "cold" interviews, but for me there was a fine line there which he didn't cross and seeing how well he treated his mechanics and other team members and later hearing first hand accounts on how he treated people in general only cemented his status as a legend to me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nudge said:

For me as a kid watching him drive the car was pure magic; raw speed, his driving style and especially his cornering technique, also his incredible performances on a wet track in the rain. I also loved his confidence and determination; he seemed to radiate authority and command respect with his presence alone. For sure he had quite a few highly controversial moments on the track and while I wasn't proud of them, I was still always impressed with his sheer will to win, his hunger and resilience. I can definitely understand how that could come across as arrogance, especially combined with his privacy and "cold" interviews, but for me there was a fine line there which he didn't cross and seeing how well he treated his mechanics and other team members and later hearing first hand accounts on how he treated people in general only cemented his status as a legend to me.

Well, when I think about him now, I feel the same way. You need to have certain characteristics that might make you look arrogant if you want to be at the top, in that business. Just when I was younger I just saw it as arrogance. But I still liked his personality even more when he got older. He was more relaxed and open for a bit of fun every now and then. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, MUFC said:

Been to Silverstone twice.

Which years? I was there in 2010 and 2011. Need to go again but will probably try and get to Spa rather than Silverstone.

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just saw this. Urgh, Ticktum. 

Imagine what a detestable team Red Bull will become when he is Verstappen's team mate.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Which years? I was there in 2010 and 2011. Need to go again but will probably try and get to Spa rather than Silverstone.

Imagine what a detestable team Red Bull will become when he is Verstappen's team mate.

2015 and 2017, I want to go Baku or Bahrain but will have to save up for next season. If finances allow might try going silverstone this year, as it could be the last race here. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

2015 and 2017, I want to go Baku or Bahrain but will have to save up for next season. If finances allow might try going silverstone this year, as it could be the last race here. 

They say that about Silverstone all the time. There's no way they'll lose the British Grand Prix, especially not while Hamilton is still at large.

Bahrain is a brave shout with all those civil wars.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They say that about Silverstone all the time. There's no way they'll lose the British Grand Prix, especially not while Hamilton is still at large.

Bahrain is a brave shout with all those civil wars.

forgot about the civil wars lol, I remember one getting postponed due to riots and stuff. Will go for Baku if I can next year, last 2 have been amazing. 

Kudos to you @Tommy! Watched Episode 1 of the Netflix F1 series and it's absolutely brilliant. 

Although with Haas having both drivers bow out due to a tire not being on properly, I wonder how often something like that happens..? 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

Kudos to you @Tommy! Watched Episode 1 of the Netflix F1 series and it's absolutely brilliant. 

Although with Haas having both drivers bow out due to a tire not being on properly, I wonder how often something like that happens..? 

Not too often but exactly the same thing happened to Haas and Grosjean AGAIN in this year's race in Melbourne as well xD 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not too often but exactly the same thing happened to Haas and Grosjean AGAIN in this year's race in Melbourne as well xD 

Seriously? That has to be BEYOND frustrating and a rookie mistake. 

50 minutes ago, Eco said:

Seriously? That has to be BEYOND frustrating and a rookie mistake. 

Pit-Stops are between 2 seconds and 2.5, the best ones are anyway. As time has progressed they have gone quicker, in the past they were longer, you had to refuel in previous years, and tire changes in general were longer. In this day and age a pit-stop usually takes longer if the front wing needs replacing. But a standard pit-stop around 2.5 seconds, may seem like a rookie mistake but the pressure is intense. 

Last yeah in Bahrain it happened to Kimi and he broke his mechanics leg.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Pit-Stops are between 2 seconds and 2.5, the best ones are anyway. As time has progressed they have gone quicker, in the past they were longer, you had to refuel in previous years, and tire changes in general were longer. In this day and age a pit-stop usually takes longer if the front wing needs replacing. But a standard pit-stop around 2.5 seconds, may seem like a rookie mistake but the pressure is intense. 

Last yeah in Bahrain it happened to Kimi and he broke his mechanics leg.

Jesus - yeah I had no idea. 

In NASCAR, which I don't watch but know about it, I think a Pit Stop lasts 30 seconds,. 2.5 second is unreal.