talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

Just now, Cannabis said:

2.5 seconds for a pit stop isn't taking into account the driving in and out of the pits (which you have to do at a slower pace - 70mph I believe).

A full pit stop is around 20-25 seconds of which around 2-3 seconds of it is stationary.

But in terms of making sure the tires are on correctly, this 2-3 seconds is all that it accounts for. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Jesus - yeah I had no idea. 

In NASCAR, which I don't watch but know about it, I think a Pit Stop lasts 30 seconds,. 2.5 second is unreal. 

They also refuel in NASCAR while there's no refueling in F1 (there was in the past but it's been banned) so the times are obviously a bit longer but the actual pitstop in NASCAR not including the pit entry and exit drives is also around 10-15 seconds at most for all four tyres + refueling and much less if they just change two tyres or just do splash and go. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Indeed, there a multiple mechanics working on each tyre so it's literally a 2 second job. Quite amazing when you think about it. 

Absolutely astonishing. 

No wonder tires don't get secured correctly sometimes. 

44 minutes ago, nudge said:

Here's pit stop times from the last round in Bahrain. It's just hundredth of a second differences at the top :o 1554058531991.jpg

Can someone break down the points structure or send me to a website that can clearly explain it? Do you points for your time in the Pits? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Can someone break down the points structure or send me to a website that can clearly explain it? Do you points for your time in the Pits? 

Don't pay too much attention to it; it's just an additional standalone sponsor's (DHL) award and doesn't have anything to do with actual F1 championship standings!

• Upvote 1

Just now, nudge said:

Don't pay too much attention to it; it's just an additional standalone sponsor's (DHL) award and doesn't have anything to do with actual F1 championship standings!

Last question for the day...

Team Haas, do they have 1 pit crew per driver, or 1 per team? 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

My mind literally can't comprehend a 2.17 second pit stop xD

Last season's fastest pit stop was apparently Ferrari/Vettel at just 1.97 second :o Try to comprehend that xD 

Seriously, screw every single one of you. 

First I watch this documentary on Netflix which is brilliant and I want to take off of work tomorrow so I can binge the rest of it. Secondly, I downloaded the F1 game on my phone, which is actually quite nice as well, and in total, I've wasted many hours today on F1, whereas 2 days ago I didn't know shit about it other than the fact that @Tommy had a serious crush on this Hamilton chap. 

Oh, and to add to the misery, there isn't a fecking race for a week and a half! 

Go to hell. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Get used to your new national anthem. 

Not bad. 

In terms of Theme Songs, I think College (American) Football here does the best. Picks a good 'pump up' song, and insert some videos about some of the teams around the league. I certainly like it better than these symphony pieces. 

Here's an example of last's year promo video, and the song they used for 2018/19

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Seriously, screw every single one of you. 

First I watch this documentary on Netflix which is brilliant and I want to take off of work tomorrow so I can binge the rest of it. Secondly, I downloaded the F1 game on my phone, which is actually quite nice as well, and in total, I've wasted many hours today on F1, whereas 2 days ago I didn't know shit about it other than the fact that @Tommy had a serious crush on this Hamilton chap. 

Oh, and to add to the misery, there isn't a fecking race for a week and a half! 

Go to hell. 

Welcome to the club.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Not bad. 

In terms of Theme Songs, I think College (American) Football here does the best. Picks a good 'pump up' song, and insert some videos about some of the teams around the league. I certainly like it better than these symphony pieces. 

Here's an example of last's year promo video, and the song they used for 2018/19

Meh, that's just Imagine Dragons with some boring eggball clips. We have our VERY OWN theme! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Meh, that's just Imagine Dragons with some boring eggball clips. We have our VERY OWN theme! 

That's my point. 

But it's been the Imagine Dragons the past two years because they always seem to come up with a hit right when college football picks their next song. 

5 hours ago, Eco said:

Episode 3 is the best thus far. Hard not to like Ricciardo, and obviously they make Verstappen to look like a douche. 

You got that right :P

Episode 4 is amazing too though :D Cyril :x