talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wait, no Catalunya?! :|

Yeah... Their contract expires after this season and they lost the financial support of the local government, so it isn't viable for them anymore, it seems. With Alonso gone, there's not that much enthusiasm either. Sainz just doesn't bring in the same crowds. 

• Subscriber

Not arsed about that. The only Spanish Grands Prix that have been memorable since I've been watching were 2010 due to Hamilton's late crash and the crowd going mad for Alonso being promoted to 2nd and 2012 due to the sheer randomness of Maldonado winning.

Other moments, Kovalainen twatting the tyre wall in 2008, Hamilton and Rosberg twatting each other in 2014(?), Trulli twatting everyone in 2009 and finally, Grosjean twatting everyone and his own career in 2018. So yeah, Catalunya is pretty much watch the first corner crashes and have a nap until it's over. Won't be missed.

I'm interested in this assessment of yours @RandoEFC, mainly because I'm curious as to which tracks are the most exciting. Obviously I would think Monaco due to history, but I had a lot of hopes of Baku, only to be greatly disappointed. 

37 minutes ago, nudge said:

Without even opening the link I knew it's going to be Villeneuve xD 

He really spouts out his ridiculous statements on a weekly basis. I bet he prepares four at the start of each month. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://streamable.com/9g5g3

Not that much apparently. 

Well he's not overtaking anyone these days anyway; is he?... :ph34r: 

It's not an easy track for overtaking because it's narrow but everything else about it is amazing. High speed corners, elevation changes, very challenging... Pretty sure they'll modify the track for F1 cars anyway though. Most of the drivers love it...

This boy knows what he's talking about:

George Russell spoke at the same press conference as Vettel and championed the Dutch track, which has remained a staple in lower formulae since dropping off the F1 calendar in 1985.

He said: "It'd be a real shame to lose this circuit [Montmelo] as it's really a great one, but on the other hand Zandvoort's probably in my top five favourite circuits.

I think it's a really incredible circuit, it's got so much character. Obviously safety is extremely important these days in Formula 1, but I just truly hope that we don't get rid of the gravel run-offs in Zandvoort in the two high-speed corners, because that's what makes that circuit so daunting and what makes it so incredible to drive."

Just look at it.

It's fucking class.

Has there ever been a season where a construction team has finished without points? 

Thinking it'd be a miracle if Williams were able to get anything this year...they look horrid. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Has there ever been a season where a construction team has finished without points? 

Thinking it'd be a miracle if Williams were able to get anything this year...they look horrid. 

Plenty. 

The most recent ones being Sauber ( :( ) in 2014 and Manor and Caterham at least a few times in their last seasons in F1.