talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
On 07/07/2019 at 13:41, MUFC said:

Anyone watching Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019 Live Stream on Youtube?

I sadly only managed to catch a few glimpses this year as I had a busy weekend so missed most of it except the official presentation of the new Porsche 911 RSR for the next season...

And of course the Beast of Turin never fails to disappoint! :D

• Upvote 1

So the dubious sponsor of Haas, who made the headlines because they stole their logo from someone else, and probably wasn't a very serious brand to begin with, terminated their contract with the team, with this tweet:

What the fuck? :4_joy:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So the dubious sponsor of Haas, who made the headlines because they stole their logo from someone else, and probably wasn't a very serious brand to begin with, terminated their contract with the team, with this tweet:

What the fuck? :4_joy:

Well that is Rich :ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

There is a point that if you finish behind Williams...you do need some kind of repercussion. 

You've got a point there but no proper sponsor would terminate the contract because of one poor weekend... 

There are reports that their twitter account could have been hacked.

But at any case, this "Rich Energy" was shady from the very beginning, nobody knows who they are and where the money is coming from (IF Haas actually got any money yet), it's just a solo bearded guy, the drinks that they are supposed to be selling aren't really available anywhere, they stole a logo of Whyte Bikes and are in court because of that, so if this termination of contract is true, it's probably because they are trying to hide their dodgy financials from the court. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

You've got a point there but no proper sponsor would terminate the contract because of one poor weekend... 

There are reports that their twitter account could have been hacked.

But at any case, this "Rich Energy" was shady from the very beginning, nobody knows who they are and where the money is coming from (IF Haas actually got any money yet), it's just a solo bearded guy, the drinks that they are supposed to be selling aren't really available anywhere, they stole a logo of Whyte Bikes and are in court because of that, so if this termination of contract is true, it's probably because they are trying to hide their dodgy financials from the court. 

And apparently their address was just some shady parking lot in Croatia, I think? In any case, I don't understand why Haas would be dealing with someone that shady to begin with. They should get McDonalds as their sponsor and put Ronald McDonald on their cars :ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And apparently their address was just some shady parking lot in Croatia, I think? In any case, I don't understand why Haas would be dealing with someone that shady to begin with. They should get McDonalds as their sponsor and put Ronald McDonald on their cars :ph34r:

According to someone from the other forums who went there to check the place listed as their contact address it's now a medium-sized building in Wandsworth that operates on a rent-a-desk-by-the-week basis with a single receptionist for all the different companies/tenants. 

All about them smells like some kind of a bluff at best or a scam/money laundering at worst.

Hope Haas got paid in advance.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

What a ridiculous company. Makes me wonder whether this was a huge wind up by somebody with too much money. I remember when they first signed up you had to order their energy drink from the website because it wasn't in shops yet or something insane.

Hopefully this doesn't leave Haas up shit creak financially in any way.

• Subscriber

It's getting even weirder - William Storey (the man with the beard) is said to have been removed as Rich Energy owners didn't authorise yesterday's tweet and they are willing to work with Haas and are trying to save the relationship now xD He apparently also called Haas "milk float at back of grid" xD 

D_McmKrWsAEo4wR.jpg

What a mess.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

What a ridiculous company. Makes me wonder whether this was a huge wind up by somebody with too much money. I remember when they first signed up you had to order their energy drink from the website because it wasn't in shops yet or something insane.

Hopefully this doesn't leave Haas up shit creak financially in any way.

Remember when a scamming Nigerian prince became a co-owner of Arrows?... :rofl:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

This is just getting better... Bringing out the popcorn to see how the story develops xD 

Twitter is down now for some reason so I can't post the link to the tweet but the shady dude with the ZZ Top beard (William Storey - the villain of the story apparently haha) has posted from the official Rich Energy account again:

@rich_energy CEO @_williamstorey has commented "The ludicrous statement by minority shareholders cosy with @redbull & @WhyteBikes is risible. Their attempted palace coup has failed. I control all of the assets of @rich_energy & have support of all key stakeholders" #RichEnergy

• Haha 1

What an idiot. How can he not know that he - at least now - lost all integrity to be considered a serious businessman. Not that anyone believed it before this, but this is just a childish farce :D

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What an idiot. How can he not know that he - at least now - lost all integrity to be considered a serious businessman. Not that anyone believed it before this, but this is just a childish farce :D

I mean we still don't know his agenda... Maybe he's some eccentric weirdo just craving for attention. Or maybe it's something much more sinister and we might soon find out that a lot of people have been conned out of their money. I think he's far from being an idiot or otherwise he wouldn't have managed to get a bunch of rich investors behind the scenes and run a dodgy company as a one man show to sponsor an F1 team... 

Here's the tweet in question now that Twitter is back online:

• Upvote 1