talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

F1's social media has become so good since Liberty Media took over. I mean, who'd have thought that we'd get stuff like this:

That was recommended to me when I was on YouTube the other day and I enjoyed it. I agree with what you said, I enjoy things like that. 

More of the same please, F1! :)

• The topic was pinned
On 14.6.2017 at 9:50 AM, Cannabis said:

That's fantastic from Liberty Media, I have to say I have been very impressed with them since they took over. Videos like this will only get more and more people hooked on F1. 

The conference was brilliant too, Vettel and Ricciardo have such a great attitude to the sport xD. Surprised Lewis didnt pip up with anything though, maybe he was letting the chairman of the meeting defend him instead?

I don't get why you like these press conference so much.

Vettel will answer questions by saying "Honestly" and then finish the sentence with something that's not surprising at all.

Kimi will start off with "Bwoah" and then say either "yes", "no" or some form of "I don't know".

• The topic was unpinned
On 21.4.2017 at 7:23 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know how to neatly split quotes up like you did... so I'll just go one by one.

I didn't know that about McLaren, Honda and the spare Mercedes engine. It's interesting, reverse engineering to try to build upon an already good system is something Japan has done very well in the automotive industry. I honestly don't know what Honda is trying to prove by refusing to look outside of Honda for the answers.

Definitely agree that Alonso's conduct has really hindered him, the way he left Ferrari probably damaged his chances of ever being in one of the best cars in a F1 season for the rest of his career. I agree, Renault is probably the most realistic option. I think he'd do well in a Williams car though, I think he's could outperform Massa right now - and I don't have a whole lot of faith in $troll. I also think Ricciardo will take Kimi's spot at Ferrari soon, personally.

I think it's very close between Mercedes & Ferrari. Mercedes looks better in testing, but in an actual races Vettel and his car have looked outstanding.

Here's what an F1 engineers had to say about the whole Honda situation.

... On one hand, they have the resources so I don't see why they can't catch up, but on the other hand I've heard that the issues with Honda are fairly fundamental (in terms of organisation and ethos) ...

• Subscriber

Honda have been a shambles since returning to the sport. You could understand if they had one year (two at a push but not really) with teething issues but it's been about four(?) now? And they're getting further away from the other manufacturers while the reliability has also gotten worse if anything. Back to the drawing board.

7 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Vettel's car in the garage with massive problems. It was leaking some fluid at the very beginning of Vettel's P3 stint. Ferarri's mechanics are still repairing it.

Just kidding. This is the real reason why Vettel and Massa left the session:

L281P7Y.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Hamilton is a better qualifier than Schumacher and probably a faster driver too but not a better driver. You can't argue with Schumacher's ruthless consistency in almost every race for so many years. If Schumacher had driven Hamilton's cars during the same years with the same team mates there's no way he would have been outscored in the same car by Button in 2011 or Rosberg in 2016 like Hamilton was. 

• Subscriber

Absolute chaos this race. All this chaos since the first safety car could have been avoided if they had some common sense and covered the original debris under a virtual safety car.

What Hamilton/Vettel were doing running into each other at the second restart goodness knows then Force India's wiping each other out, idiotic. 

• Subscriber

Hamilton and Vettel's incident under investigation. For me, Vettel could be disqualified, deliberately driving into another driver under the safety car is reckless. It won't happen though.

Lance Stroll currently 4th xD

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why should Hamilton be disqualified xD. Vettel accelerated into him behind the safety car xD. You have to actually brake to 'brake test' someone. Just because he doesn't accelerate as quickly as Vettel doesn't give him the right to drive into him!

He did break.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, True Bender said:

He did break.

He was a bit slow but far from conclusive enough to call it a brake test and disqualify him whereas Vettels move was clear as day, aggressive and illegal driving. 

• The topic was pinned