talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think I disagree a little. Think it's highly relevant that Bran is missing actually.

It's beginning to get very hard not to believe he is the Night King. If he is, it will be a cop out for me really.

Well Bran is crippled so it wouldn't make any sense for him to be walking through the crypts like the other three. He's nowhere near those three characters in terms of fan favouriteness.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Well Bran is crippled so it wouldn't make any sense for him to be walking through the crypts like the other three. He's nowhere near those three characters in terms of fan favouriteness.

I appreciate that but there's more than one way to symbolise Bran's presense.

More I think about it, more i'm convinced he is the three-eyed raven.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I appreciate that but there's more than one way to symbolise Bran's presense.

More I think about it, more i'm convinced he is the three-eyed raven.

It's already confirmed he's the three eyed raven.

The theory I don't understand one jot is the Bran being the Night King theory. We've seen countless Bran visions and none of them involve him leading an army of white walkers and waking up not realising it was him. In fact there was that weird vision where the Night King actually touched him, and then proceeded to send his undead army against that tree cave in order to kill the old Three Eyed Raven, and Bran, the new Three Eyed Raven. Also, both characters were present in that series of scenes while Bran was warged into Hodor. The more you think about it, the less it can even remotely get off the ground, let alone make sense.

The Children of the Forest made the Night King, way back in time, unless that man that they stabbed with the dragonglass was somehow a grown up Bran who learned to time travel, the theory is random nonsense.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's already confirmed he's the three eyed raven.

The theory I don't understand one jot is the Bran being the Night King theory. We've seen countless Bran visions and none of them involve him leading an army of white walkers and waking up not realising it was him. In fact there was that weird vision where the Night King actually touched him, and then proceeded to send his undead army against that tree cave in order to kill the old Three Eyed Raven, and Bran, the new Three Eyed Raven. Also, both characters were present in that series of scenes while Bran was warged into Hodor. The more you think about it, the less it can even remotely get off the ground, let alone make sense.

The Children of the Forest made the Night King, way back in time, unless that man that they stabbed with the dragonglass was somehow a grown up Bran who learned to time travel, the theory is random nonsense.

Sorry, I meant to say Night King.

And i think you're right. Time travel could well play its part in it.

Me and my missus went to Belfast towards the end of last year and we got to visit some GOT locations and speak to extras.

Obviously we got no hints but the tour guide made a lot of sense with his reasoning for Bran being the night king.

They pulled a few punches last season by not killing off audience favourites like Arya and Jaime when they probably should've. Hopefully they're a bit more ballsy in the final season and aren't more concerned with pleasing the masses than telling the best story possible.

Hopefully no random musicians show up in any random scenes just to sing random songs either...

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, 6666 said:

They pulled a few punches last season by not killing off audience favourites like Arya and Jaime when they probably should've. Hopefully they're a bit more ballsy in the final season and aren't more concerned with pleasing the masses than telling the best story possible.

Hopefully no random musicians show up in any random scenes just to sing random songs either...

Why should Arya have died? If Sansa was dumb enough to let Baelish turn the sisters against each other I'd have had that down as exceedingly poor story telling personally.

I definitely accept that Jaime getting killed when he charged Daenerys down would have been realistic and a fair enough progression of the story. I imagine if he dies it'll be some grand sacrifice to save Brienne, or vice versa, in a shameless expression of HBO fan service so that's probably why he's been kept alive.

On a wider level, there has been far too much Deus Ex Machina and fake deaths to add to the suspense as the seasons have progressed. They've really lost the "nobody is safe" appeal they had in the early years.

They want to keep the finale entertaining. May GoT fans have personal ties with either Jon, Daenerys, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, the Hound, etc. If they were to kill one of them off before the final season, those people who had those personal ties with that now dead character may be less interested in the final season. It's entirely suited for the viewer. 

Jaime IMO, killing him off would of been so wrong. He is bar none, in my opinion, the most interesting character in the series. Not to mention he has the greatest character development I have ever seen in a television show.  I wanted him dead after the first season, now I pray he stays alive. He still has a role to play. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Jaime IMO, killing him off would of been so wrong. He is bar none, in my opinion, the most interesting character in the series. Not to mention he has the greatest character development I have ever seen in a television show.  I wanted him dead after the first season, now I pray he stays alive. He still has a role to play. 

Aye, Jaime has redeemed himself. His character arc is amazing, and he's definitely the most honorable character now (besides Jon), IMO. Well, it helps that Nikolaj Costar-Waldau is one of the best actors on the show too. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Re watching the series and I noticed Jon burned his hand when he grabbed the lamp. This a goof or is there something more to the notion that Jon is also a dragon, given Rhaegar was? 

George RR Martin has said in the past that Targaryens actually can get burnt or hurt by fire, and that when Dany hatched her dragons she didn't survive burning because she was Targaryen, it was linked to the magic of the dragon hatching. Something along those lines anyway, I'm afraid it's been a while since I read up on this but the bottom line is that Jon getting burned on that occasion shouldn't be taken as evidence for or against his Targaryenness.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

George RR Martin has said in the past that Targaryens actually can get burnt or hurt by fire, and that when Dany hatched her dragons she didn't survive burning because she was Targaryen, it was linked to the magic of the dragon hatching. Something along those lines anyway, I'm afraid it's been a while since I read up on this but the bottom line is that Jon getting burned on that occasion shouldn't be taken as evidence for or against his Targaryenness.

Right but then remember in the first episode where Dany goes into the steaming hot bath? This was well before the Dragon eggs. Also after when Viserys dies, she mutters the words 'Fire cannot kill a dragon" 

Just very confusing. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Right but then remember in the first episode where Dany goes into the steaming hot bath? This was well before the Dragon eggs. Also after when Viserys dies, she mutters the words 'Fire cannot kill a dragon" 

Just very confusing. 

Oh yeah. I think that bath scene wasn't in the books, nor was the scene where she puts the egg on the fire and picks it up and it doesn't burn her hands but it does burn her handmaidens hands. The Viserys thing is just a saying for the sake of foreshadowing the egg hatching scene, which I think also existed in the books.

So yeah, Jon getting burned and Dany not getting burned in the bath I guess is just the inconsistency of the show version in this case. They might have changed it though so that Dany is immune to fire (I guess this is the case because there was also that scene more recently where she burned all the Khals and walked out of the fire to earn the loyalty of the Dothraki), maybe they will argue it's because she is pure Targaryen and Jon is only half.

In the books at least it's been confirmed that she can be burned and that the dragon hatching was down to a different type of magic.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Oh yeah. I think that bath scene wasn't in the books, nor was the scene where she puts the egg on the fire and picks it up and it doesn't burn her hands but it does burn her handmaidens hands. The Viserys thing is just a saying for the sake of foreshadowing the egg hatching scene, which I think also existed in the books.

So yeah, Jon getting burned and Dany not getting burned in the bath I guess is just the inconsistency of the show version in this case. They might have changed it though so that Dany is immune to fire (I guess this is the case because there was also that scene more recently where she burned all the Khals and walked out of the fire to earn the loyalty of the Dothraki), maybe they will argue it's because she is pure Targaryen and Jon is only half.

In the books at least it's been confirmed that she can be burned and that the dragon hatching was down to a different type of magic.

Viserys was Targaryan but he wasn't a 'dragon'. Not like Rhaegar and Dany. Hence why Dany said those words after he burned to death. 

We can safely assume that being Rhaegar's biological son, and after his encounter with Drogon, that Jon is well in fact a dragon. I don't know if it is a goof or if it's something to do with Jon being a Stark also, but it definitely bugs me. 

Edited by Cicero

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Watched the trailer but I don't want to over analyse it like I have in previous years and end up ruining half of the season for myself because I know what's coming.

Just need to stay away from the internet. 

I remember last season when the script was leaked out. I knew what was going to happen in the last two episodes which ruined it for me. Thank god the Rhaegar scene wasn't mentioned because that actually surprised me. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Just need to stay away from the internet. 

I remember last season when the script was leaked out. I knew what was going to happen in the last two episodes which ruined it for me. Thank god the Rhaegar scene wasn't mentioned because that actually surprised me. 

Are you a book reader too? I have to say I have mixed feelings about the show finishing up and the next book becoming the only thing left but at the same time losing relevance to so many people as they'll have seen the ending.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Are you a book reader too? I have to say I have mixed feelings about the show finishing up and the next book becoming the only thing left but at the same time losing relevance to so many people as they'll have seen the ending.

To my knowledge the book is going to just provide more backstory? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

To my knowledge the book is going to just provide more backstory? 

There will be differences in the way some people's storylines get wrapped up and some other aspects of the story I'm sure but the broad strokes will be the same. I will still read the last books definitely, just a shame to have the final chapter told by a television show.