• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Recommended Posts

The words "Liverpool Football Club" are in the centre of a pennant, with flames either side. The words "You'll Never Walk Alone" adorn the top of the emblem in a green design, "EST 1892" is at the bottom

Liverpool Football Club is a professional association football club based in LiverpoolMerseyside, England. They compete in the Premier League, the top tier of English football. The club has won 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 UEFA Super Cups, 18 League titles, 7 FA Cups, a record 8 League Cups, and 15 FA Community Shields.

The club was founded in 1892 and joined the Football League the following year. The club has played at Anfield since its formation. Liverpool established itself as a major force in both English and European football during the 1970s and 1980s when Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley led the club to 11 League titles and seven European trophies. Under the management of Rafa Benítez and captained by Steven Gerrard Liverpool became European champion for the fifth time, winning the 2005 UEFA Champions League Final against Milan in spite of being 3–0 down at half time.

Liverpool was the ninth highest-earning football club in the world for 2014–15, with an annual revenue of €391 million, and the world's eighth most valuable football club in 2016, valued at $1.55 billion. The club holds many long-standing rivalries, most notably the North West Derby against Manchester United and the Merseyside derby with Everton.

*

All discussion relating to Liverpool that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what do we do with Sturridge, who's just injured himself while recovering from injury? Shades of Harry Kewell and Darren Anderton, who were both talented like our Sturridge... but very injury prone. Sturridge is one of our higher earners, but we simply can't rely on him anymore. I don't trust him to have a form building run of games, because chances are he will get injured.

Having said that, if we sell him to another English club... I guarantee he'll constantly fucking score against us.

With Firmino out of form playing as a false 9, I'd much rather have Sturridge or Origi... so I think by default, I would like to see Origi start more as we finish this season. Klopp's said we are going to be spending some serious money this summer (although, I think we've spent serious money last season as well). I would like to know if we can develop Origi before we look to bring in new attackers.

I think a new left back, defensive midfielder, goalkeeper, and possibly centreback are all needed as well. I think Lovren's alright, but I'd rather have someone more Matip's quality next to Matip. Milner's not a left back and Lucas is totally passed it as a DM, while Can is fucking shit at playing football. Mignolet and Karius are... Mignolet and Karius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Slippy G

The Caution John Terry signs were better. If not for the scum beating you in that final.

Wow that's got me thinking... I haven't really enjoyed a season in a veerrry long time. Thanks a lot LFC :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Caution John Terry signs were better. If not for the scum beating you in that final.

Wow that's got me thinking... I haven't really enjoyed a season in a veerrry long time. Thanks a lot LFC :(

Flattered but I've never actually played for Chelsea let alone any professional football club. :ph34r:

I know your biased mate, but really; he said 'this does not slip' and then he literally slipped the title away. Come on, it doesn't get better than that. Think if Roy Keane or Patrick Viera did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing is as good as the United fans bouncing in the stands, celebrating winning the league... just as Sergio Aguero hits the onion bag in injury time to win it for City. 

The pictures of the United fans faces as it unfolded that were being broadcast live across the world was quite literally 'priceless'. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I remind you this is a Liverpool thread. If you want to take this piss out of us, do it in our thread you bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can I remind you this is a Liverpool thread. If you want to take this piss out of us, do it in our thread you bastard.

You don't get spoken to like that down at TFF :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

You don't get spoken to like that down at TFF :(

You don't get spoken to at all :ph34r:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Quote

 

The Mirror are claiming that members of the Saudi Arabian royal family are set to visit the UK to announce the deal. This is backed up by a tweet from the Saudi club Al Nassr. 
 
The 43-year-old Faisal, who is president of Al Nassr, is the grandson of the late Prince Sultan, who was the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia from 2005 to 2011. 

Talk of investment from the Middle East has been going around for over a year now and, while FSG have invested in development of the stadium, they don't seem to be as keen to release funds for new players that the club need if they are to improve. 

 
Maybe this gives a glimmer of hope that next season we will be able to challenge for the title and Champions League success with a strong squad of capable players.

 

 

 

Read more at http://www.football.co.uk/liverpool/time-for-saudi-investment-in-liverpool-fc/8432659/#t7RmDpurz3xVFwuh.99

 

Another fit and proper investment group right? Women won't be allowed in the Klopp end.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I read the other day it was too do with New Balance, not Liverpool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

From what I read the other day it was too do with New Balance, not Liverpool

That's what I read yesterday. And I hope remains the case. Wahhabism can fuck right off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Spike said:

Flattered but I've never actually played for Chelsea let alone any professional football club. :ph34r:

I know your biased mate, but really; he said 'this does not slip' and then he literally slipped the title away. Come on, it doesn't get better than that. Think if Roy Keane or Patrick Viera did it.

Tbf those 2 had good managers, while we came in second on the backs of pure talent from Suarez, Sturridge, and Gerrard rather than an astute manager...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Training faculties to be merged with the youth set-up at Kirkby to bring us in line with some of the best facilities around at a cost of £50m  

C6YsE8DWAAER45U.jpg

 

C6YsE8CWMAA6S-a.jpg

 

C6YsE8CXQAADgDN.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

When they doing the Anny Road?

Planning permission has already been granted but no start date been announced yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Planning permission has already been granted but no start date been announced yet. 

Just read that planning permission expires in September this year. They'd better get a move on then haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Just read that planning permission expires in September this year. They'd better get a move on then haha

Think they can just re-apply? I'm not even sure 100% that it'll go ahead anyway, depends on quite a few things I think, the main 2 being weighing up whether the cost of the expansion is worth it for an extra 4,800 seats and also the length of time it would take to expand (around 2 years apparently), which would also cost millions in lost revenue due to the stand needing to be closed. 

It may well go ahead but it's a lot more complicated than phase one on the main stand, which obviously brings in a lot more money due to the corporate boxes etc and also the small time scale it took to build. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Think they can just re-apply? I'm not even sure 100% that it'll go ahead anyway, depends on quite a few things I think, the main 2 being weighing up whether the cost of the expansion is worth it for an extra 4,800 seats and also the length of time it would take to expand (around 2 years apparently), which would also cost millions in lost revenue due to the stand needing to be closed. 

It may well go ahead but it's a lot more complicated than phase one on the main stand, which obviously brings in a lot more money due to the corporate boxes etc and also the small time scale it took to build. 

Stay stuck on 54000 and Liverpool will carry on falling further behind the rest of the top 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Stay stuck on 54000 and Liverpool will carry on falling further behind the rest of the top 6

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Anfield getting expanded, especially Annie Rd. 

But I'm not sure not having 4'800 extra seats would seriously hamper us that much, especially with all the money Premier League clubs get now anyway. 

Still, I'd much rather it expanded than not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Anfield getting expanded, especially Annie Rd. 

But I'm not sure not having 4'800 extra seats would seriously hamper us that much, especially with all the money Premier League clubs get now anyway. 

Still, I'd much rather it expanded than not. 

There shouldn't be a ceiling of 60000 or whatever. Liverpool should have a stadium closer to the size of Old Trafford than the Emirates or the Etihad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

There shouldn't be a ceiling of 60000 or whatever. Liverpool should have a stadium closer to the size of Old Trafford than the Emirates or the Etihad.

Not possible mate. Anfield can't ever be expanded to that capacity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Not possible mate. Anfield can't ever be expanded to that capacity. 

Well with Old Trafford they just started building upwards to expand the capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Well with Old Trafford they just started building upwards to expand the capacity.

Yes they added tiers but they had much more surrounding space. Even when you build upwards, it still comes outwards. It's not possible at Anfield because the surrounding area is too compact. It's all been looked into mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not possible mate. Anfield can't ever be expanded to that capacity. 

Doesn't necessarily have to be at Anfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Doesn't necessarily have to be at Anfield

I really can't see them expanding Anfield to then move location to be fair. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I really can't see them expanding Anfield to then move location to be fair. 

Obviously not now but that's probably what should have happened. Moores, Gillett and Hicks and FSG have all fucked up on the stadium for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.