Israel/Bosnia/Ukraine/Iceland

Group F
Turkey
Georgia/Greece/Kazakhstan/Luxembourg
Portugal
Czechia

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Assuming England make the quarter finals, there will be another like fixture against France

Jonathan Pearce just said that if you win Group C, E or F you won't meet another group winner until the semis.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Jonathan Pearce just said that if you win Group C, E or F you won't meet another group winner until the semis.

You are completely right, I read it wrong. Still, could have done with France being on the otherside of the draw lol

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Belgium/Slovakia/Romania - how do you feel about that group if you get through, @Michael?

There are no easy games at this level, but in theory, Ukraine could actually top that group if they qualify. I am pretty confident that Ukraine will get to the Euros via the play-offs, despite having to play Bosnia away in the one-off semi-final. They should also be able to beat either one of Iceland or Israel in the final, even though that will be away as well for Ukraine. They showed their character in the qualifying campaign, with not having home advantage, so I think they've got too much strength in depth not to qualify for the Euros.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think they've got a good chance getting out of that group.

With the excellent football that they've been playing during the qualifying campaign, they have been displaying some of their best performances in years. So they can pretty much compete with most national teams in Europe in my opinion. Germany will be the obvious favourites in that group, but Switzerland and Hungary will be no pushovers. They've all got some very good players in their teams. Also not having home advantage and playing on a neutral territory will be a real test for a lot of the sides I think(apart from Germany of course). 

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wales get through and they face Netherlands/France/Austria. Tough group @Bluebird Hewitt...

That's a very tough group for Wales, if they manage to qualify for the Euros via the play-offs. I don't know what @Bluebird Hewitt thinks and I hate to say it, but Wales could very well finish last. France are the favourites to lift the trophy along with England for me, the Netherlands always bring a threat, while Austria are a very improved side, full of very talented players. It will be a very tall order for Wales, but I hope they can prove me wrong and surprise us all.

Edited by Michael

England will be favourites to win the group. But if Denmark can play to the level that they played at the last Euros, they could be a real handful for England. The remaining two sides that make up the group are from the Balkans and they are Serbia and Slovenia. Serbia have for a long while now, not lived up to their potential. They are a squad that is clearly full of very talented players, but they always seem to flatter to deceive against the better sides at international level. If they can get their team playing to their potential, they could cause a few upsets. For Slovenia, they will obviously like all the other sides, try their best to qualify from this group. But I believe that they will be particularly motivated to defeat their bigger and more illustrious neighbours Serbia. I think that with excellent players like Oblak and Sesko in their team, defeating Serbia could very well be possible.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Wales get through and they face Netherlands/France/Austria. Tough group @Bluebird Hewitt...

48 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's a very tough group for Wales, if they manage to qualify for the Euros via the play-offs. I don't know what @Bluebird Hewitt thinks and I hate to say it, but Wales could very well finish last. France are the favourites to lift the trophy along with England for me, the Netherlands always bring a threat, while Austria are a very improved side, full of very talented players. It will be a very tall order for Wales, but I hope they can prove me wrong and surprise us all.

Yeah, we're fucked. xD

I could see third at a push but nothing more. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

lol wtf

It is Daniel Jarvis again, he is a notorious British prankster, who did a similar prank on the BBC's Match of the Day not so long ago. I actually knew a guy who knew Daniel Jarvis well, before he got infamous and before he got big with his pranks. Jarvis is a bit of an idiot and a nuisance, which is quite obvious really.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned