The better place to talk football.

Timo Werner Joining Tottenham Hotspur on Loan

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting move, feel like he could do a job for Spurs under Ange and that's the sort of manager/club he should have moved to instead of Chelsea. With that said he's not having a good season so far...

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Interesting he's choosing to come back to England. Thought he was playing a lot and settled back in Germany. 

That's a bit of a stretch, he played 8 of 16 Buli games this season. Only he was only twice in the starting team and has been substituted off on both occasions.

Turbo Timo should do a good job at Spurs. I think this is a steal for them, they are getting him on loan and then have the option to buy him permanently at the end of the season for £15.5 million. That's nothing for such an experienced and quality forward like Timo Werner. The only reason he wasn't getting much playing time at RB Leipzig, is because Openda has played superbly and is currently one of the best forwards in the Bundesliga. Furthermore, Werner had additional competition in attack from the rejuvenated Poulsen and the rising young star Sesko. Spurs have done very well to sign Werner in my opinion and I think that he will meet expectations at the club.

8 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That's a bit of a stretch, he played 8 of 16 Buli games this season. Only he was only twice in the starting team and has been substituted off on both occasions.

Very true, but I don't think that detracts from Werner's quality as a player, it's just that Leipzig have so many good forwards at their club right now. Werner has scored 24 international goals for Germany and 112 goals at club level during his career so far. At 27, he still has plenty of further successful years ahead of him and for Tottenham to have the option of buying him for just £15.5 million at the end of the season, I reckon that this is a great deal for them. If Werner was at a Premier League club, I doubt he would be sold for anything less than £25 million. Spurs have the option of buying him at the end of the season below his actual market value.

If he settles in well at Spurs and can find the sort of form that had Chelsea buy him while several other top sides were interested in him, that option price is a bargain. Hell, even if he's just slightly above average the option price is pretty cheap for a transfer in 2024.

He's got the attributes other than composure. A bit like our boy Darwin Nunez lol.