Grimsby vs Notts County
Morecambe vs Mansfield
Stockport vs Walsall
Sutton vs Barrow
Tranmere vs MK Dons
Wrexham vs AFC Wimbledon

Tuesday 16th January, 2024
Mansfield vs Forest Green, 19.45

I don't know why but I'm going and I know how this plays out already. We are absolutely cursed against them generally but even more so down there. Cardiff just have that voodoo magic over us and visiting one of our all time bogey grounds, it's got a loss written all over it.

Teams know we have a bit of a soft underbelly away, we don't seem to respond well to the teams that try to bully and hack us all over the pitch and I see this one being no different.

Gonna need more than Bamford worldies to defeat that curse. What worries me too is we really can't afford to let Saints pull away from us and as they are home to Wednesday, it does not bode well for a positive weekend.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Please beat these idiots again. Make it as heartbreaking and painful as possible.

Seen some stuff on Twitter but is it true they're showing this game at cinemas in Coventry xD

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Seen some stuff on Twitter but is it true they're showing this game at cinemas in Coventry xD

Nah they aren't actually. It's a pub with a cinema-esque screen. But it's produced a good bit of wind up content anyway.

I got to watch a fair bit of the Coventry - Leicester match. The red card seemed very much a leveller from the ref. The penalty, just a few minutes earlier, had perhaps been harsh. To me, the penalty seemed more of a natural collision than foul. Then the red is a yellow most times you see a strikers tackle like that.

I imagine Leicester will feel done over by the ref. But, even still, Coventry did really well to use the man advantage & do look to be in the play off race.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've decided that if Dan 'Fucking Pace Merchant' James scores against us today, I might just set my house on fire with me in it.

:(

Utter. Fucking. Shite.

I know Leeds are the superior team, but bar Bowler, we don't look remotely arsed today. When their first goal comes from comical defending and a player already on the floor, you don't have much hope for this.

We're losing this match today, but let's at least put some fucking effort in.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

How did it even get up there? Coventry's security licence should be reviewed for that.

That's part of the reason I'm off twitter. I'd see people make 'vichai on a plane' comments to Leicester players from faceless accounts and it would get under my skin. How anybody can think this is acceptable behaviour in any walk of life is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

How did it even get up there? Coventry's security licence should be reviewed for that.

That's part of the reason I'm off twitter. I'd see people make 'vichai on a plane' comments to Vardy, Schmeichel etc from faceless accounts and it would get under my skin. How anybody can think this is acceptable behaviour in any walk of life is beyond me.

Thankfully don't think that's in the stadium, but nonetheless there's been a few absolute wrong'uns do similar banners around the city on roads etc. 

Disgusting. 

I read about the Coventry signs thing on the freshly confused BBC website. (why remove current days fixtures & league table from the football home page??) It's definitely not right, things like that, when any clubs 'fans' take digs about other clubs disasters & tragedies. It's up there with the attacks on away teams coaches.

It might be the closest Coventry get to a derby, and the idiots really do go that bit further, at any club. What it really needs is Coventry fans condemning it.

• Subscriber

The worst thing about today is it's exactly the shot in the arm they needed to go on a proper run and get into the playoffs / possibly win them. Even if we'd just drawn it it would've at least killed their excitement a bit. You can always nail us on for at least one absolutely hideous collapse a season.

I've had a feeling for a while Fatawu was going to get a red card and had a horrible feeling it would be today. He's a good player and a bright prospect, but he's a bit reckless. I actually don't think it's a red, but in the context of the situation, to fly in for a challenge like that after we've just had a contentious one go our way is naive in the extreme and I knew the minute he made it he'd get a red. Referee was absolutely woeful today. Embarrassing how a Premier League referee can be that weak.

We will win the league, but I don't like our big game record, and it will bite us next year if we aren't careful.

23 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Utter. Fucking. Shite.

I know Leeds are the superior team, but bar Bowler, we don't look remotely arsed today. When their first goal comes from comical defending and a player already on the floor, you don't have much hope for this.

We're losing this match today, but let's at least put some fucking effort in.

Definitely expected more from you given it was against us too but you were incredibly tame. Probably the easiest game we've had all season without being too harsh.

• Administrator

Deeney is inexperienced in management but even so it's pretty obvious you don't call your players out in public in such a fashion. He won't last long there. 

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Definitely expected more from you given it was against us too but you were incredibly tame. Probably the easiest game we've had all season without being too harsh.

Not harsh at all, as it was that poor from us really. I don't mind losing to the better team on the day if we actually put some effort in, but yesterday was just laughable really. Two players going for the same ball, conceding when the players on the floor, a counter attack that leads to a goal because our players collided with each other, the list goes on. Either we gave you too much respect or the gameplan was simply 'Sit back and soak up the pressure', which works about 10% of the time. Not that it mattered as we did practically nothing.

Why Bulut persists with a midfield of Siopis, Ralls and Wintle (all work horses but no creativity) is beyond me. We have no clue in midfield what to do with those three. We only looked a little better when Ralls got injured and Rubin Colwill came on, as him and Bowler (the latter for the first half anyway) were the only ones looking capable of doing anything. The fact Alnwick was our MOTM, despite conceding three, says a lot really.

Plymouth away next. Yay. 

• The topic was unpinned