The better place to talk football.

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - Chelsea Sign Midfielder

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

I liked Dewsbury-Hall but I never would have had him down as someone receiving this much attention in January.

Same. I don't think we'll give in, not this late in the window. 

Proper leaves us in the shit if they do force through a move. Ndidi injured, Casadei recalled, Praet AWOL, Dewsbury-Hall leaves. We'll have virtually no midfield left bar Winks. 

• Subscriber

I think the truth is everyone's so scared because they know deep down we're run by idiots. There are clubs who could've utilised selling him (such as Brighton actually) and strengthened the rest of the team with the money. We will dally about and half-arse it like always.

The fact a club as savvy as Brighton think they can get us here is a red flag to me. We're more in the shit financially than I realised.

I'm seeing some real turbulence coming with us. As much as I dislike Rodgers' handling of last season, and how I think his abysmal recruitment played a massive part in it, he had a point about these clowns. It appears this month that Maresca's been given false pretences, the same poor communication etc... that Rodgers alluded to.

I didn't suddenly think this club was a well-oiled machine again just because we're beating a load of sides we have ten times the budget of.

To be fair, if you had the choice of Leicester and Brentford given where both are, I'd stay at Leicester. I'm not convinced Brentford are that much a better option.

Where as Brighton, I'd have thought you'd have found it very hard to turn down a club that plays European Football and is very much on the up and a notorious stepping stone to greater things.

Personally don't see it happening though. Leicester would at the very least need to have to have a solid replacement lined up.

Edited by Lucas

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Heading to Chelsea now apparently.

Have to wonder whether this is a case of a player linking up with his former manager, or whether Chelsea just think that "Dewsbury Hall" is a hotel.

• The title was changed to Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - Chelsea Could Sign Midfielder

You'd think the possibilities are endless when you're outlaying over £1bn and yet here Chelsea are making enquiries about Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

They've surely got players in there already sizeable squad that can do what KDH did for Leicester, but in the Premier League. This is a squad that has Cole Palmer who we thought would play that position, Conor Gallagher who can play that position, and Carney Chukwuemeka coming through to play that position (as well as half of South America's kids arriving soon) then why do they specifically need KDH?

They've brought Maresca in to coach these players so that is what he needs to do. If the current players don't quite fit his system, he needs to adapt the system. I think they've got enough players that they can fit any system.

He'll become the scapegoat for when this inevitably fails. The new Jorginho. He won't get the chance he deserves from the fans particularly if they sell Conor Gallagher.

• Subscriber

This Leicester - Chelsea supply line might've actually surpassed the old Southampton - Liverpool one.

Looks pretty obvious to me it will happen.

Calling this now - he'll be back here by 2026 if we're still a Premier League club.

Chelsea are finished at a serious level. They have the resources to go for titles but absolute shit for brains at the club. They won't get even close to a league or Champions League under their current ownership.

Unless the wage is astronomical, why would you pick Chelsea? You’ll play way more at Brighton and won’t be hated by the fans if you aren’t as good Lampard. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

This Leicester - Chelsea supply line might've actually surpassed the old Southampton - Liverpool one.

Looks pretty obvious to me it will happen.

Calling this now - he'll be back here by 2026 if we're still a Premier League club.

Chelsea are finished at a serious level. They have the resources to go for titles but absolute shit for brains at the club. They won't get even close to a league or Champions League under their current ownership.

Perhaps, but only on a loan. Chelsea will rip us off and we probably won't have the finances to buy him back. 

It's embarrassing how much business we do with Chelsea. We're not a feeder club for them. Or shouldn't be. 

Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Fofana, Maresca and now KDH. We shouldn't be the scouts for them either. 

Are Leicester going to field any experience next season?  I dont get this move either way, other than PSR. 

If chelsea are planning to offload Gallagher, maybe this works bit it's far from priority.  Chelsea have a largely inexperienced striker who has moments

• Administrator

'seen as perfect fit'. 

I'm not sure how unless they're planning to sell Gallagher which would be odd. 

I know he's our most saleable asset but just didn't fathom he'd wrangle a move to Chelsea, or more that they'd be the ones to opt for him. £30m I'd class as a bargain however, but our hand was forced given the useless director of football we have. 

• Subscriber

It's an absurd deal. I'm trying to say it without being disrespectful because I actually do believe him when he says he didn't want to leave, and he's ultimately the latest pawn in the PSR scandal (lets start calling it what it is), but he isn't good enough for a side with Chelsea's aspirations.

I am disappointed to see him go, but fully expected it due to these rules. The entire move, including the Golding deal, is a symptom of the state of football and the state of two very badly run clubs in the midst of the storm.

• The title was changed to Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - Chelsea Sign Midfielder
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Very perplexed by the deal given the number of players chelsea have in that position.

30m probably helps Leicester whom have made good money on Fofana, Maddison, Barnes and KDH.

Money is only good if you do good stuff with it.

We have not. xD 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Money is only good if you do good stuff with it.

We have not. xD 

I think it will help you have a decent amount of money to spend in this new PSR cycle.  Obviously you have to use it well though.