talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Tuchel to Leave Bayern at End of the Season

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68301718

Manager Thomas Tuchel will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

The 50-year-old replaced Julian Nagelsmann at the German champions in March 2023 on a deal until June 2025.

The former Chelsea boss will depart a year earlier than planned as part of "a sporting realignment" at Bayern.

He led Bayern to last season's Bundesliga title after taking over in the spring but they now sit eight points behind leaders Bayer Leverkusen after back-to-back league defeats.

One of those was an emphatic 3-0 loss to Leverkusen - and they were also beaten 1-0 by Lazio in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

11 minutes ago, Michael said:

It's a shame that Tuchel has not lived up to expectations at Bayern. I thought highly of him when he was manager at Mainz, Dortmund and PSG.

Didn't he? Many people forget Bayern are on the second most points Bayern had after 22 matchdays for the last 5 years.Also they're the second best team on second spot after 22 matchdays  point wise in the Buli since 1963. Them being 2nd is due to Leverkusen playing a fantastic round rather than Bayern having a stinker.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Didn't he? Many people forget Bayern are on the second most points Bayern had after 22 matchdays for the last 5 years.Also they're the second best team on second spot after 22 matchdays  point wise in the Buli since 1963. Them being 2nd is due to Leverkusen plasying a fantastic round rather tham Bayern having a stinker.

Well, first of all, Bayern's standards are as high as they get and the board only expect the best. With the squad that they had available this season, winning the league was paramount. Leverkusen are indeed an excellent team this season, still undefeated and they are playing some superb football. Losing to Leverkusen would have been one thing, but I think the manner in which they comprehensively lost to Leverkusen and how they were really outclassed is what was surprising for some. Moreover, Bayern have also lost to the likes of Bochum and Werder Bremen this season in the Bundesliga and they got absolutely smashed and outplayed by Frankfurt 5-1. Some of Bayern's results in the Champions League haven't been great either, drawing at home to Copenhagen wasn't great and most recently losing to Lazio was another disappointment. In fact Bayern have lost their last 3 matches in a row, when was the last time this happened to Bayern? 

Given the money they spent and some of the top quality players that they have in their team, the board would have expected better. This is obviously a top Bayern team and they're still in the hunt for the Bundesliga title and the Champions League. However, such are Bayern's standards, I think expectations were slightly higher than what we've seen from some of Bayern's performances this season.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Michael said:

Well, first of all, Bayern's standards are as high as they get and the board only expect the best. With the squad that they had available this season, winning the league was paramount. Leverkusen are indeed an excellent team this season, still undefeated and they are playing some superb football. Losing to Leverkusen would have been one thing, but I think the manner in which they comprehensively lost to Leverkusen and how they were really outclassed is what was surprising for some. Moreover, Bayern have also lost to the likes of Bochum and Werder Bremen this season in the Bundesliga and they got absolutely smashed and outplayed by Frankfurt 5-1. Some of Bayern's results in the Champions League haven't been great either, drawing at home to Copenhagen wasn't great and most recently losing to Lazio was another disappointment. In fact Bayern have lost their last 3 matches in a row, when was the last time this happened to Bayern? 

Given the money they spent and some of the top quality players that they have in their team, the board would have expected better. This is obviously a top Bayern team and they're still in the hunt for the Bundesliga title and the Champions League. However, such are Bayern's standards, I think expectations were slightly higher than what we've seen from some of Bayern's performances this season.

I dont think Tuchel has worked but I also really dont think alot of it is on him. Theres far too many underperforming overpaid players on this bloated roster for too long. Go down the list, and its been for several managers at this point now.