all kick-offs GMT

Saturday 2nd March, 2024
Brentford vs Chelsea
Everton vs West Ham
Fulham vs Brighton
Newcastle vs Wolves
Nottm Forest vs Liverpool
Tottenham vs Crystal Palace

Luton vs Aston Villa, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 3rd March, 2024
Burnley vs Bournemouth, 13.00 (live on Sky)

Man Utd vs Man City, 15.30 (live on Sky)

Monday 4th March, 2024
Sheff Utd vs Arsenal, 20.00 (live on Sky)

image.png

"Darwin [Nunez] and Dom [Szoboszlai] trained yesterday with the team so we have to see how they react.

"Wataru [Endo] and Robbo [Andy Robertson] didn't but we hope they will join in today.

"Lucho [Luis Diaz] is fine and Macca [Alexis Mac Allister] is fine.

"Macca was ill for one and a half days and Robbo had the same thing but hopefully that didn't spread."

On 01/03/2024 at 13:19, LFCMike said:

"Darwin [Nunez] and Dom [Szoboszlai] trained yesterday with the team so we have to see how they react.

"Wataru [Endo] and Robbo [Andy Robertson] didn't but we hope they will join in today.

"Lucho [Luis Diaz] is fine and Macca [Alexis Mac Allister] is fine.

"Macca was ill for one and a half days and Robbo had the same thing but hopefully that didn't spread."

Will Bradley start you think? I've added him to my fantasies.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Danny said:

Will we win? Will we lose? Will we field a team of fully fit players? Who the fuck knows.

Is there worry in the Brentford ranks? I was surprised to see Norgaard and Frank had commented on Everton getting points back. Still don't see a set of circumstances that sees you or Palace in real trouble with Forest having a sizeable deduction coming and Everton potentially as well.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Is there worry in the Brentford ranks? I was surprised to see Norgaard and Frank had commented on Everton getting points back. Still don't see a set of circumstances that sees you or Palace in real trouble with Forest having a sizeable deduction coming and Everton potentially as well.

With a mostly fit squad no, but we were expecting most of these injuries to clear up in January/February and now it's March and we're still waiting on news for a lot of players. Hickey, Pinnock, Mbeumo, Schade...for me, I've said this a million times but right now our problem is a lack of pace. We normally do so well against the big teams because we have pace to get behind them, but with Henry, Mbeumo, Dasilva and Schade out there just isn't anyone to get in behind off Toney. Then we have the defensive issue in that our current first choice back four are all injured. I think we're finally at a point now where we accept that we could be in a relegation battle, the season has just been terrible for injuries and we've not had much restbite. The one thing about this league is injuries can force 14 of the clubs in the league into a relegation battle if they are that bad, and right now for us they are bad.

The West Ham result was difficult because it's probably the worst we've played since promotion. West Ham were terrible on the night and were there for the taking, and somehow we conceded 4. We beat Wolves which was great, but we needed a point minimum against West Ham to help cushion us in this run of games where we are playing Liverpool, City x2, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Brighton and Villa.

Fortunately we still have to play the bottom 3, yourselves, Fulham, Bournemouth and Newcastle. But it feels close right now.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Danny said:

With a mostly fit squad no, but we were expecting most of these injuries to clear up in January/February and now it's March and we're still waiting on news for a lot of players. Hickey, Pinnock, Mbeumo, Schade...for me, I've said this a million times but right now our problem is a lack of pace. We normally do so well against the big teams because we have pace to get behind them, but with Henry, Mbeumo, Dasilva and Schade out there just isn't anyone to get in behind off Toney. Then we have the defensive issue in that our current first choice back four are all injured. I think we're finally at a point now where we accept that we could be in a relegation battle, the season has just been terrible for injuries and we've not had much restbite. The one thing about this league is injuries can force 14 of the clubs in the league into a relegation battle if they are that bad, and right now for us they are bad.

The West Ham result was difficult because it's probably the worst we've played since promotion. West Ham were terrible on the night and were there for the taking, and somehow we conceded 4. We beat Wolves which was great, but we needed a point minimum against West Ham to help cushion us in this run of games where we are playing Liverpool, City x2, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Brighton and Villa.

Fortunately we still have to play the bottom 3, yourselves, Fulham, Bournemouth and Newcastle. But it feels close right now.

I think you'll be fine. Forest should be getting at least 6 points deducted so you'll be effectively 7 clear of them and 5 clear of Luton and you only have to keep ahead of one of them to survive. I think Luton's little purple patch is fizzling out as well.

42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think you'll be fine. Forest should be getting at least 6 points deducted so you'll be effectively 7 clear of them and 5 clear of Luton and you only have to keep ahead of one of them to survive. I think Luton's little purple patch is fizzling out as well.

I can only hope Forest get deducted lol

• Subscriber

Poor game as expected. Beto missing a penalty on the brink of half time. We are an absolute career ender for strikers.

Typical us that last weekend we saw an opponent reduced to ten men for the first time all season and then can't see it out with 10 minutes left and then today we get our first penalty of the season and miss it.

Hard, hard watch. Both teams there for the taking.

Annoying, Chelsea have created nothing outside of the goal and as great as the ball in and the header were, it was completely uncontested. How have Zanka and Ajer let Jackson slip in between them, when he's the only person forward? Terrible defending, take control.

I want us to swap to a 4-3-3 in the second half, get more pace down the wings, get more creativity in the middle and try to overload this Chelsea team. The way Poch has set up has cancelled out our attack, but it's also left Chelsea pretty weak going forward.

• Subscriber

West Ham scoring a screamer to nick a match in which they've barely existed was the only way this was going to end.

We need a whole week of fucking shooting practice before next weekend.

Played well, looked only one winner but missed chances, missed chances, missed chances.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What a fucking team 

Satisfying to get a last minute winner when their fans spent 90 minutes mocking the Hillsborough dead and poverty. Hope they get a points deduction for their cheating and go down.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Satisfying to get a last minute winner when their fans spent 90 minutes mocking the Hillsborough dead and poverty. Hope they get a points deduction for their cheating and go down.

I didn't hear any of that, watched it in the pub on my phone. Don't get that me, considering plenty of their fans are still affected by Hillsborough.

• Subscriber

xG of 2.7 for us today and 1 goal. xG of 1.73 for them and 3 goals.

That's pissed me off the most of any game this season I think. Missed penalty, McNeil find the goalkeeper from 6 yards out. We had half a dozen balls fall to players on the edge of the box ballooned high and wide. Soucek's goal wasn't that much of a better chance and he finds the top corner. Areola played out of his skin but it's beyond a joke now. Our xG underperformance must be hitting all-time records this season, especially at home. 

We shouldn't need too many more points to survive still but we look more likely to get them on the road than at home even with Burnley and Sheffield United still to come to Goodison.

Start of possibly a decisive few weeks for Villa. It's Ajax (a) Thursday, Spurs (h) next week, then Ajax (h) Thursday after, with West Ham (a) the weekend after that.

Winning at Luton would be a good start, when we're about to play perhaps the biggest name possible in the Conference League & 2 of the 3 nearest sides below in the table. And obviously would be great to repeat the Man City - Arsenal phase rather than the Newcastle - Chelsea - Man United run.

Reading more stories again that despite the FFP changes for next season & any possible Champions League income, Villa may yet need to sell to buy. If it's true & not just rival fan-journalists hoping, then FFP is more broken than VAR.

• The topic was unpinned