talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League Quarter-Finals - Thursday 18th April, 2024 (2nd Legs)

• Administrator

1200px-UEFA_Europa_League_(football_comp

all kick-offs 20.00 (BST)

First Leg scores in brackets

Thursday 18th April, 2024
Atalanta (3) vs (0) Liverpool

Marseille (1) vs (2) Benfica

Roma (1) vs (0) AC Milan

West Ham (0) vs (2) Bayer Leverkusen

• The topic was pinned

We have a track record of impressive come back victories, but this one just seems too farfetched. I can’t see us keeping a clean sheet, so that’s at least four goals needed to take it to ET. Too much to ask. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Rick said:

We have a track record of impressive come back victories, but this one just seems too farfetched. I can’t see us keeping a clean sheet, so that’s at least four goals needed to take it to ET. Too much to ask. 

With the way this squad has been playing lately. I doubt there's a comeback in this one. I think we go down a goal even at the start of the game.

Best we can hope for is that recent results looking like they've tanked our remaining hopes for the season means the players can play feeling like there's no pressure on them. If they can play to their potential, maybe we can keep the dream alive for a bit longer.

But odds are well against us and Atalanta looked miles better than us.

The line-ups are out and West Ham are surprisingly boosted by the return of Bowen, while Alvarez also starts in midfield.  As for Leverkusen Florian Wirtz starts, but Leverkusen have benched Boniface, Hofmann, Adli, Andrich, Frimpong, Tapsoba and Hradecky. I hope Leverkusen don't lose and keep their unbeaten run in all competitions going. Even a draw would be fine by me today.

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

West Ham take the lead vs. Leverkusen. Leverkusen seem all over the place in these first few minutes. 

I told @Rucksackfranzose that this game wouldn't be easy. West Ham are really up for this, but it doesn't help that Leverkusen have rested some top players and left them on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

I told @Rucksackfranzose that this game wouldn't be easy. West Ham are really up for this, but it doesn't help that Leverkusen have rested some top players and left them on the bench.

Let's wait and see the match hasn't been played for half an hour yet. Will reserve my comment until at least double that time has been played.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

Stop trying to pass the fucking ball into the net and fucking shoot, Atalanta are rattled we just need to be a bit decisive. This shows us how much we've missed Trent in this second half of the season too.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Been frustrating tonight. I’d be thinking about Jota. 

I'd get Szobo off for Elliott too tbh. Szobo's been up to fucking nothing in the second half of the season and probably deserves to be dropped. I don't have a whole lot of positive things to say about our attackers generally at the moment, so yeah... get Jota on for one of them. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Danns too since for a while it's looked like he's the closest thing we've got to a striker with that killer instict.

Wirtz should have done better with that chance that presented itself to him from the cross. He totally miss-hit that shot. Leverkusen looking more lively though since Boniface, Frimpong and Tapsoba all came on as subs.

What the actual fuck am I watching? You would think we had 9 men on the pitch, there’s just nobody to pass to. Moving it along the back for the last ten minutes, no forward runs from anybody. Absolute dogshit. What a truly pathetic performance from these players tonight, fucking hell.

• Upvote 1