talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League Quarter-Finals - Thursday 18th April, 2024 (2nd Legs)

Frimpong one on one with Fabianski as Leverkusen attack on the counter, but Frimpong skies his shot. Frimpong should have scored there, that should have been the equaliser.

Edited by Michael

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

What the actual fuck am I watching? You would think we had 9 men on the pitch, there’s just nobody to pass to. Moving it along the back for the last ten minutes, no forward runs from anybody. Absolute dogshit. What a truly pathetic performance from these players tonight, fucking hell.

The substitutions made us worse.

It's hard to be hopeful for the future when we've got these attackers looking like they're not sure what to do with a football and knowing Klopp is on his way out and whoever comes in to replace him is going to be a pretty massive downgrade.

Shame to see our season fizzle out like this. Maybe we get lucky and City and Arsenal fuck up and we end strongly... but I doubt it.

Frimpong equalises for Leverkusen! Leverkusen look like they're going to maintain their unbeaten record in all competitions! Frimpong cut in from the right flank and unleashed a powerful left foot shot that took a deflection off  of Cresswell and found the back of the net. Well done Leverkusen!

West Ham 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen

Edited by Michael

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The substitutions made us worse.

It's hard to be hopeful for the future when we've got these attackers looking like they're not sure what to do with a football and knowing Klopp is on his way out and whoever comes in to replace him is going to be a pretty massive downgrade.

Shame to see our season fizzle out like this. Maybe we get lucky and City and Arsenal fuck up and we end strongly... but I doubt it.

These fuckers couldn’t score in a brothel. Salah has been infected by Nunez & Diaz’s complete lack of finishing ability. 

But it’s not just them, the defence has been all over the place lately and the midfield, apart from one man, have been anonymous. 

How the entire squad have lost form at the same time is bewildering to me, especially when this is the last season under Klopp. They’ve been ab absolute mess for over a month now, just watching their season fall away into nothingness. What a shame.

It doesn’t matter what City & Arsenal do, because we aren’t winning the rest of our games. I don’t even think we get anything against Fulham on Sunday ffs. 

• Subscriber

That was absolutely honking from Liverpool. Atalanta looked more likely to score in the second half.

Bizarre how clueless they've looked lately. Like they just hit a wall at half time at Old Trafford and have been gash since. Two penalties in three and a half games since then is all they've scored if I'm not mistaken.

Roma beat AC Milan 2-1 in Rome and win 3-1 on aggregate, as they advance to the semi-finals of the Europa League. Roma had Celik sent-off after only 31 minutes, but Roma still managed to beat AC Milan 2-1, Mancini and Dybala were their scorers. Roma will play Bayer Leverkusen in the semi-finals.

Roma 2-1 AC Milan (Roma win 3-1 on aggregate)

Edited by Michael

Well Bayer Leverkusen drew away to West Ham 1-1 on the night and advance 3-1 on aggregate. This season has been incredible for Leverkusen, I hope they continue their unbeaten run as long as possible.

West Ham 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen (Bayer Leverkusen win 3-1 on aggregate)

Edited by Michael

Marseille are leading Benfica 1-0 at home and the match has gone to extra time, as the aggregate score is level at 2-2. I am hoping Benfica reach the semi-finals. They look a very good team and I am impressed with several of their players.

Glad to see Marseille in the latter stages of a big European tournament again.

Such a big, historic club with a passionate fanbase. Would love to see them make the final personally.