talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Denmark 1-1 England - Thursday 20th June, 2024

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Shite from England. 

Hmm, he's not been the best but not the worst. Bellingham and Alexander-Arnold have been quiet. 

Kane needs to stop dropping so deep. Even if he gets the ball he's got no outlet because it should be him up there. 

Credit to Denmark though. They've been good. 

I'd take Foden and Trent off tbh. They're not going to work in this system, regardless of how good they are.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd take Foden and Trent off tbh. They're not going to work in this system, regardless of how good they are.

I'd give Foden a bit more time. Trent can come off for Palmer or Gordon. We need to stretch the play a bit more as our only threat is down the right and it's too predictable. 

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Tommy sort the pitch out ffs. 

Classic Frankfurt. Fucking ghetto. 

Anyway, I don't understand how England, with all that talent at their disposal, can play such an uninspiring and unattractive football. 

• Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

Anyway, I don't understand how England, with all that talent at their disposal, can play such an uninspiring and unattractive football. 

Three words. 

Gareth. Fucking. Southgate. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stan said:

I'd give Foden a bit more time. Trent can come off for Palmer or Gordon. We need to stretch the play a bit more as our only threat is down the right and it's too predictable. 

Foden's been so poor in both games - he's a very talented player, but he's just not going to work out in this style of football really. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Cowardice, honestly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

The fuckers are not giving the required effort. Look at a lot of the teams that have played already and the pressing and fight they've shown. We have the talent, but we are just sitting back most of the time. We should have looked to get the 2nd goal after scoring, instead of sitting back and protecting the lead.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Foden's been so poor in both games - he's a very talented player, but he's just not going to work out in this style of football really. 

He's doing okay today. Not the worst player in the side today. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

The fuckers are not giving the required effort. Look at a lot of the teams that have played already and the pressing and fight they've shown. We have the talent, but we are just sitting back most of the time. We should have looked to get the 2nd goal after scoring, instead of sitting back and protecting the lead.

Southgate's instructions as opposed to the players. It happens every game for it to be a lack of fight. 

England are going to repeat another wasted generation like they did with the Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard generation.  To many chiefs and not enough Indians.   Sometimes its not about Galacticos football but a sum of the parts,  filling the squad with rockstars doesn't always work if the balance is off. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It knocked you out last time :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It knocked you out last time :ph34r:

We played with Timo Werner upfront ffs. It was a different time. 

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Gallagher should at least give England a bit of bite in midfield.

Gallagher will play higher up the pitch, so hopefully England will be more offensive, but I would have liked to see Palmer come on for TAA instead.

Edited by Redcanuck