talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan's Euro 2024 Prediction League - Table Updates

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

eb.thumb.JPG.7fd56542fc3b403f7f283193066

For reference, there were several 'joint' goalscorers for 1st/2nd/3rd in the actual tournament - we only had predictions of Kane/Mbappe/Lukaku/Bellingham/Havertz. Kane was top scorer with 3 goals; Bellingham & Havertz with 2; Mbappe with 1

• Top Goalscorer
    • 15 points if player finishes 1st - KANE
    • 10 if player finishes 2nd - BELLINGHAM/HAVERTZ
    • 5 if player finishes 3rd - MBAPPE
  • Tournament Winner
    • 15 points if team wins - SPAIN
    • 10 if team finishes 2nd - ENGLAND
    • 5 if team finishes 3rd - NETHERLANDS/FRANCE

Bolded part has to be Musiala instead of Havertz, since Havertz scored twice, while Musiala scored three goals.;)

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bolded part has to be Musiala instead of Havertz, since Havertz scored twice, while Musiala scored three goals.;)

Perhaps should have been clearer, my bad - no-one predicted Musiala to be top scorer in their predictions. Some did predict Havertz so they'd get the points (he was joint-2nd top goalscorer in the tournament). 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Here comes the conclusion to see if anyone's pre-tournament wisdom pays off!

And it certainly did for @Michael! He outscored the regular league-leader by 6 points and therefore jumps up into 1st place on 161 points! @JoshBRFC also outscored him, and the tie-breaker of Most Perfect Scores throughout the tournament meant that he also finished ahead of @Viva la FCB

Well, congratulations to @Michael @JoshBRFC & @Viva la FCB for whatever, I am lost now...:shutup:  :eek:

Anyway, it's over with now and the wife can stop moaning about how all her soaps (Corry erc) kept getting moved at a different time or date because, as she said "BLOODY FOOTBALL!!!!" xD

2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Congrats on the win @Michael

Edit: And thanke for running this, of course @Stan

Thank you @Rucksackfranzose, it was interesting predicting the scores and final outcomes at these Euros. It's always tricky gauging outcomes in these types of competitions because of the tough competition, but I am happy that I won in the end.

Thank you @Stan as well for running this competition and to everyone else who competed. I personally found it a very entertaining Euros.

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty happy with the bold prediction of spain to win.   I didnt expect that based off recency but I knew a under the radar team would win.   

France and England were the popular picks followed by Germany.