Sunday 22nd October, 2017
Championship
Ipswich vs Norwich, 12.00

Tuesday 24th October, 2017
Oldham vs Bury, 19.45

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off to Aston Villa v Fulham on Saturday. Both me and my Dad have never done Villa Park and this is the first proper 'day out' of the season for us, so I'm really looking forward to it. 

I don't think we could have picked a better game tbh, Villa have a very good home record and are unbeaten at Villa Park in the league this season and Fulham have the second best away record in the division and have only lost at Burton this season. 

I'm hoping the game is an indicator of the two sides' respective records and there's a few goals in it.

Looking forward to the train journey and a few drinks in Birmingham before the game. 

Bristol City away will be a toughie. They are rejuvenated this season, currently sitting 4th and have made Ashton Gate a real tough place to go get a result. And they will be right up for turning us over as most teams in this league tend to be.

Three defeats on the spin will have hurt us after starting so well. We really could do with a win for confidence but I can't say I'm entirely confident about that happening. Hopefully we make a couple changes today to revitalise the team and give others who have been patiently waiting a chance. It's important that players know they are not a shoe in for the first team.

Head says I think we'll lose 2-1 and make it four on the trot personally but the heart envisages an injury time winner. A Pablo Hernandez last gasp corner swung in to the six yard area, and big Pontus Jansson leaping highest with a thumping header that smashes into the net to pinch the game 2-1. Away fans go mental as Pontus cups his ear to the home end and runs into the corner of baying mob of Leeds fans whilst his team mates jump all on his back celebrating.

I’ve got a feeling that Bruce will keep us there or there about a but ultimately we’ll come short. It really is down to his failings as a manager for me, we’re a talented squad and with a decent manager we could walk this division. Bruce is limited though I hope he doesn’t limit us to the point where we don’t gain promotion because then we’re fucked

That's more like it Leeds.

We changed formation for the first time this season and had a 3 man midfield away which not only made us more solid but actually made us look very dangerous going forward against Bristol City's formation.

A very big decision from the coach to drop Jansson after a two or three really poor performances (he publically come out and said he'd been shit midweek) and you have to say he was vindicated. Young Pennington did very well. Ronaldo Viera back in the team was a timely move. I don't know why he has been held back but his energy revitalised the team. Samu Saiz again looked the main danger going forward, typified by his two goals.

I didn't see 3-0 away coming to be honest, let alone a win considering how well they have been doing but hopefully this is the shot in the arm we needed.

Really want to get back to winning ways at Elland Road Friday against the blades.

Really important win for us against Portsmouth at the weekend. It was fully deserved and very timely given some disappointing results. Portsmouth were very poor and we were pretty comfortable. Had the game gone on for another 10-15 mins it would have likely been abandoned as the weather was that bad! Dominic Samuel's silly kick out late on resulting in a 3 match ban was the only negative.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived