• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sven-Goran Eriksson Dies Aged 76

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I really liked Sven and I think the media was way too harsh on him in the final days. And what he achieved in Italy before being the England manager is legendary tbh.

I didn’t realise he’d die so soon after releasing his “goodbye” video last week… but I guess with hindsight, that’s probably why he made it.

Rest in peace.

After the passing of Christoph Daum on Saturday, Sven-Goran Eriksson's death is less surprising for me, though no less sorrowful. Eriksson was a gentleman of the sport and I really liked him as England manager. But even prior to becoming England manager, he had achieved so much as manager of clubs such as IFK Gothenburg, Benfica, Roma, Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Lazio to name just some. As with Daum, Eriksson will be greatly missed by all those who grew up watching him manage various footballing teams.

R.I.P. Sven-Goran Eriksson

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I really liked Sven and I think the media was way too harsh on him in the final days. And what he achieved in Italy before being the England manager is legendary tbh.

I didn’t realise he’d die so soon after releasing his “goodbye” video last week… but I guess with hindsight, that’s probably why he made it.

Rest in peace.

The media were absolutely bastards back then especially with the national team. That's not something anyone misses.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Sven-Goran Eriksson Dies Aged 76
  • Administrator

Very sad to hear, even though it was imminent.

Legend of a man, let alone a football manager. Did well despite the media adversity when he came to England. And he's man enough to admit he made mistakes.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's part of the Amazon documentary. I watched it today and one of the first clips it says 'six months before diagnosis'. So it seems like Amazon were already filming something about him?

Either way, it's extremely poignant watching it today knowing he's passed away. It's very moving when he utters those lines. Brought a tear to the eye.