talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 4 - 14-15th September, 2024

Ange is kinda bad. Always was. He has 1 plan. It's a decent one, but it needs the right troops and buy in. When results don't come, he can't adapt. At all. Ever. There is a reason he was pressured into leaving before Australia played in the WC he qualified us for. He was trying to play elite progressive football on cow patches, with bricklayers for players. Played to 0 of Australias strengths and against 0 of awful asian teams weaknesses. 

The Spurs team he has is too bits and pieces, Johnson was an absolute garbage transfer. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ange is kinda bad. Always was. He has 1 plan. It's a decent one, but it needs the right troops and buy in. When results don't come, he can't adapt. At all. Ever. There is a reason he was pressured into leaving before Australia played in the WC he qualified us for. He was trying to play elite progressive football on cow patches, with bricklayers for players. Played to 0 of Australias strengths and against 0 of awful asian teams weaknesses. 

The Spurs team he has is too bits and pieces, Johnson was an absolute garbage transfer. 

Spurs have made to many clangers, richarlison for 65m, Johnson for 45m are steep overlays, the jury is still out on solanke, but that's potentially another overpay.

They have made some good signings as well, so cant be overly critical.   I think it's more the style of play that sees them getting sucker punched to often

• Subscriber

Yeah that Spurs record has gone under the radar a bit.

On the signings, I never knew really how much of a good fit Richarlison was for Spurs. He's at his best coming in off the left but Spurs already have Son in that position. Centre forward is a secondary position for him and he was never going to be a like for like replacement for Kane. They've got unlucky with him on the injury front either way.

Johnson has been disappointing but sometimes it's one of those that just doesn't click. It doesn't look like a good purchase now but I don't think many people were calling that transfer out at the time either. It looked fine on paper.

I agree that £65m is a lot for Solanke but it's too early to call that one either way.

• Administrator

Not offside, apparently. 

GXmCNqQW8AAotH6?format=png&name=small

If the angle isn't possible for a decision to be definitively overturned then the original decision should stay. 

This isn't a gripe at Crystal Palace, but one of the things Mike Dean said on Soccer Saturday was that Selhurst Park was one of the most difficult grounds for VAR because of the camera angles. Of all the money in the game at the PL's hands, the fact they are unable to get definitive angles for key decisions at any given point in the game is so amateur. 

Most surprising thing about Ange is him guaranteeing a trophy for Tottenham this season.

It's not impossible for them to do it but being so blunt about it is something you rarely see. Even from managers at clubs that regularly win trophies.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Most surprising thing about Ange is him guaranteeing a trophy for Tottenham this season.

It's not impossible for them to do it but being so blunt about it is something you rarely see. Even from managers at clubs that regularly win trophies.

Yeah it's quite bold. I don't slate the ambition at all, but it's not like there's ever a clear run for a trophy, even the League Cup. 

His record might show that he wins trophies in the 2nd season, but it's a different kettle of fish for what Spurs are up against both domestically and in Europe. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, 6666 said:

It's very naive. So tempted to put money on Coventry to beat them.

Postecoglu has basically issued his own P45. I don’t rate him as it is, I think he does ridiculous shit like naming one centre mid against a team like Arsenal, and no matter how blunt and different he is during interviews, but he’s said that now so as soon as they go out of the cups, he’s done, isn’t he? 

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned