talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 5 - 21-22nd September, 2024

6 hours ago, Stan said:

I find it incredibly ironic that someone like Silva and Walker can bemoan Arteta and his players 'employing the dark arts' as if they haven't done it for several years under Guardiola, too.

At least Walker acknowledges that it's 'part and parcel' of the game, but for them to act like they've never done it as well is embarrassing. And even more ironic that Rodri was one of the players involved as he's usually one of the more prolific employers of such arts...

Man City complaining about this shit is the funniest thing ever. Pep’s really built a team in his image - 0 self awareness.

24 minutes ago, 6666 said:

VAR reviewed it and thought it was fine. We do anything and it's "the letter of the law". Throwing a ball to the back of an opponents head is apparently fine.

These dickhead pundits annoy me as well. When referees punish small situations it's great because it's the rule, when referees don't punish somewhat small situations it's great because you don't want to see that be a yellow card or a second yellow that ruins the game. Pick one you cunts.

And Dermot Gallagher on Sky Sports is a complete waste of time. Just there to do damage control for referees regardless of if he contradicts himself.

Mate don’t ever expect the refs to retroactively do anything against the UAE’s tourism project club. They’re not gonna want to restrict their opportunities for getting a payday.

• Administrator

I'm not twerking for Man City in any sense, but would you really have expected Haaland to be sent off for that? Surely not? What's the letter of the law, there? It surely can't be a red card offence, in which case what retrospective action is being sought after here?

Totally agree about Dermot Gallagher. That segment they do on Sky with him is pure horseshit. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm not twerking for Man City in any sense, but would you really have expected Haaland to be sent off for that? Surely not? What's the letter of the law, there? It surely can't be a red card offence, in which case what retrospective action is being sought after here?

Totally agree about Dermot Gallagher. That segment they do on Sky with him is pure horseshit. 

Did he even get booked? If he did then fair play. But if that happened to a City player it wouldn,' surprise me if he rolled around, they surround the ref, VAR check and he gets a red.

12 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Did he even get booked? If he did then fair play. But if that happened to a City player it wouldn,' surprise me if he rolled around, they surround the ref, VAR check and he gets a red.

Should have been a yellow minimum.. I would like to know VAR's reasoning as to why no further action was required?? Un-sportsman like conduct is a yellow is it not?? 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Should have been a yellow minimum.. I would like to know VAR's reasoning as to why no further action was required?? Un-sportsman like conduct is a yellow is it not?? 

Don't even think the people in charge of VAR understand it.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, MUFC said:

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Don't even think the people in charge of VAR understand it.

I don't think he got booked. 

What further action? VAR can't intervene with these kinds of things, as it's not a red card offence? Asking for VAR to intervene is just waste of time because that's not what it's designed for. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think he got booked. 

What further action? VAR can't intervene with these kinds of things, as it's not a red card offence? Asking for VAR to intervene is just waste of time because that's not what it's designed for. 

He didn't and you are right about VAR but why do they continue to review such things?? They reviewed both the sending off and the off ball incident? 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He didn't and you are right about VAR but why do they continue to review such things?? They reviewed both the sending off and the off ball incident? 

Did they review the sending off?

I thought when they mentioned what VAR said, it was just relaying back the comms between the ref, not actually that VAR actively reviewed the decision (it wasn't a straight red so it wouldn't have been able to overturn the decision anyway).

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did they review the sending off?

Yea they did because they had it down as a sending off for a reckless challenge and the Ref said it was for time wasting... They finally agreed it was going to be for time wasting... Didn't you hear them talking about it just after the second half restart?? 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea they did because they had it down as a sending off for a reckless challenge and the Ref said it was for time wasting... They finally agreed it was going to be for time wasting... Didn't you hear them talking about it just after the second half restart?? 

These days listening to commentary takes a back seat when looking after the little one and all the noisy toys around xD 

VAR only reviews straight reds, so I don't know if they would have actually changed Trossard's red card. It was a double-yellow offence, and either the push on Silva or the kicking the ball away would have only been a yellow in itself.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wait, why not? Surely throwing anything at an opponents head, particularly the back of their head, is excessively violent conduct?

No it isn't xD

It's a ball. The players head the ball ffs xD

Don't make it out to be something it isn't man ffs. 

Haaland should be banned in my eyes and this is from a Haaland fan.

You cannot really act like he did, throwing a ball at someone regardless of how hard/soft it hits someone's head.

Its not even about that for me, its more about unsportsmanlike conduct. You don't need that kind of stuff in the game with kids watching and idolising him. 

Haaland completely lost his head and the way he acted at Full Time having pops at Arteta and Jesus shows a weakness in his mentality to me, he can be very easily rattled.

I'd personally like to have seen a two game ban envoked as a reminder to conduct yourself with class on the pitch than act like a petulant child.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Stan said:

No it isn't xD

It's a ball. The players head the ball ffs xD

Don't make it out to be something it isn't man ffs. 

It’s worse than calling referees stupid tbf.

Players have been sent off for headbutts that don’t have any real contact and tapping players on the face ffs

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s worse than calling referees stupid tbf.

Players have been sent off for headbutts that don’t have any real contact and tapping players on the face ffs

I know.

But I don't think throwing a ball at someone's head, not even that hard, warrants 'excessively violent conduct'!!

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know.

But I don't think throwing a ball at someone's head, not even that hard, warrants 'excessively violent conduct'!!

Mate if tapping someone on the face counts as that, throwing anything at the back of someone’s head should also count as the same thing.

I’ve got no dog in this fight other than I hate Haaland and City, but I’m pretty sure if you copy paste the laws of football into ChatGPT and then ask if what Haaland did would get a red card, the computer would say yeah it’s probably a red.

• Subscriber

I don't know about a ban but I do at least think we should all agree to fall on the "what a nobhead he is" side of the argument rather than the "haha that was well funny what a maverick" side that I saw doing the rounds online immediately after the match.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know about a ban but I do at least think we should all agree to fall on the "what a nobhead he is" side of the argument rather than the "haha that was well funny what a maverick" side that I saw doing the rounds online immediately after the match.

Can be a knobhead and still be funny to be fair :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned