• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
26 minutes ago, Blue said:

Don't like tactical matches then? Not a pop but I find them the most enjoyable, at least if you particularly pay attention to the movements.

Where did I say I don't like tactical matches? 

I said I was bored of this match. Don't mind tactical matches but I also like goal attempts and good attacking play of which there was little of. Hence my boredom. 

Much deserved win for City completely outplayed us. In the first half it was a more compact performance from us, in the second it was terrible. From the basic passing etc but we were bound to lose after some hard games from the start of the season. Just hope Morata will be okay after the International break.

Taking nothing away from City, truly great performance, but we look absolutely knackered. From the very first minute, we were 2nd at everything. Again, no excuses as City also had their injuries. It was poor all around from the players and Conte after a truly amazing performance against Atletico. Another ' only do something positive when you are down a goal' situation. Felt like Mourinho managed us today, only tonight we didn't lose 0-3. 

Only Christensen and Azpilicueta can come out of this game with any credit. From not starting Moses/Zappacosta, to not starting Pedro for Cesc, to replacing Morata with fucking Willian, Conte made a proper load of poor decisions today. As brilliant as Conte is, he makes some strange decisions. Like expecting us to score with only Hazard and Willian as focal points… Willian is about to do my head in. Hitting Sterling in a one-man wall sums up his performance this season. 

International Break couldn't have come at a better time. 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

no mention of how poor kante played today. :rollingeyes:

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It was poor all around from the players and Conte after a truly amazing performance against Atletico. Another ' only do something positive when you are down a goal' situation. Felt like Mourinho managed us today, only tonight we didn't lose 0-3. 

Only Christensen and Azpilicueta can come out of this game with any credit. From not starting Moses/Zappacosta, to not starting Pedro for Cesc, to replacing Morata with fucking Willian, Conte made a proper load of poor decisions today. As brilliant as Conte is, he makes some strange decisions. Like expecting us to score with only Hazard and Willian as focal points… Willian is about to do my head in. Hitting Sterling in a one-man wall sums up his performance this season. 

International Break couldn't have come at a better time. 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Thanks!! i just wanted it you to repeated it again mate. but to be fair to the others, kante was by far the worst of the bunch. i lost count of how many times he gave the ball away. 

Nah. Kante look knackered as did Bakayoko. Willian however, who only played 5 minutes against Atletico, looked once again a shambles. 

Either we give Musonda Jr. a shot or we lose another talented player. Christensen looking to be next the way Pep was talking to him. But knowing us, he will be benched in favor of Cahill. 

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

@Cicero

Willian is the best stopper of attacks in the league, I cannot believe how many pundits and fans rate this bloke. 

Let's hope he improves and is up to pace second half. 

Fabregas too mate. The amount of times KDB and Silva just ghosted by him was well and truly shocking. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but we need Drinkwater asap 

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Your players shouldn't be knackered, they are un fit if so ... we played the same team that played midweek too apart from Aguero who got injured

Well, we did face Atletico away at Wednesday and you only faced Shaktar at home on Tuesday...so there are variables. 

Fatigue isn't my main gripe nor am I using it as an excuse. Conte got it wrong. Plain and simple. 

Archived