talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

It's pleasing but also frustrating watching that yesterday, pleased because it's nice to have a manager who knows what he's doing but a bit frustrating because if he was backed with a bit more money we could actually be a proper force.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 unless stated

Saturday 14th October, 2017
Burnley vs West Ham
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
Liverpool vs Man Utd, 12.30
Man City vs Stoke
Swansea vs Huddersfield
Tottenham vs Bournemouth
Watford vs Arsenal, 17.30

Sunday 15th October, 2017
Brighton vs Everton, 13.30
Southampton vs Newcastle, 16.30

Monday 16th October, 2017
Leicester vs West Brom, 20.00

• Subscriber

Absolutely despise this fixture. We never ever beat West Brom at home. Away we've got a very tidy record, but at Leicester, West Brom get a result every time without fail. Even when we won the league they got a point here.

I'll be very surprised if it changes. This is where Shakespeare has to show what he's truly about. If he can't see after that Bournemouth performance in-particular that things aren't working and he persists with the same team and tactics then I think we need to look elsewhere. I can forgive mistakes. I can't forgive not learning from them.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Dan said:

Absolutely despise this fixture. We never ever beat West Brom at home. Away we've got a very tidy record, but at Leicester, West Brom get a result every time without fail. Even when we won the league they got a point here.

I'll be very surprised if it changes. This is where Shakespeare has to show what he's truly about. If he can't see after that Bournemouth performance in-particular that things aren't working and he persists with the same team and tactics then I think we need to look elsewhere. I can forgive mistakes. I can't forgive not learning from them.

Only King and Amartey as fit midfielder. Time to experiment with something different. Or bring in a youngster. 

2 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Mane out, essentially one of our two teeth pulled straight out. If Utd don't beat us on Saturday then they aren't gonna win many points against the other top 6.

Mane, Lallana & Clyne out with Firmino & Coutinho not back from South America till Thursday night. 

We are gonna get royally fucked. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mane, Lallana & Clyne out with Firmino & Coutinho not back from South America till Thursday night. 

We are gonna get royally fucked. 

Lallana and Clyne haven't played in ages so they're not sudden misses or omissions to be fair. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

Only King and Amartey as fit midfielder. Time to experiment with something different. Or bring in a youngster. 

It's absolutely beyond a joke that we're back in this situation again. It was beyond belief that it happened once, for it to happen again is scarcely believable.

Is Iborra injured too?

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Batard said:

To be fair you could play Okazaki in central midfield and he’d do a decent job there. 

We effectively play Okazaki as a defensive number ten if that's possible. We're not really 4-4-2, it's more 4-4-1-1, or as I know it 4-4-Oka-1.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Mane out, essentially one of our two teeth pulled straight out. If Utd don't beat us on Saturday then they aren't gonna win many points against the other top 6.

Interestingly they've had an incredibly favourable opening few games. I think they've played 7 of the bottom 9 so far.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's absolutely beyond a joke that we're back in this situation again. It was beyond belief that it happened once, for it to happen again is scarcely believable.

Is Iborra injured too?

I heard he missed a training session but could be wrong. King and iborra it'll be if he's fit. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

I heard he missed a training session but could be wrong. King and iborra it'll be if he's fit. 

Could be quite premature but I wonder how ready they consider Choudhury.

• Subscriber

Going for a comfortable loss to United and any hopes of our backline containing their attack is a dream. Having said that anything is possible really and a draw would be what I want out of this but a loss is surely where its headed in our current form and loss of players. 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived