talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Why I thought watching that would be more fun than a couple of hours of FIFA I don't know. Must be the desperate need for domestic football after the international break and to be fair, as bad as that was it still wasn't as bad as watching England.

Both Teams may have taken a point before kick off I suppose.

Yeah that was a conservative performance even by Mourinho standards... Expected there to be a period of pressure towards the end that would leave me completely stressed out and thrilled to escape with a point but really they were passive all game. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Why I thought watching that would be more fun than a couple of hours of FIFA I don't know. Must be the desperate need for domestic football after the international break and to be fair, as bad as that was it still wasn't as bad as watching England.

Both Teams may have taken a point before kick off I suppose.

I didn't find it a terrible game. We fashioned decent chances considering how defensive united were set up to be, and the football we played was't too bad. Players like Salah and Coutinho had enough opportunities and openings running at defenders....

Overall reasonably happy with the performance. Hard to get many clear cut chances but we did well to create what we did. Can take stock with a clean sheet and move on.

I think it would take a major collapse from City for a United to win the league, there's a clear gap in quality and coaching.

City go away against Chelsea, dominate, and win. United are happy to escape with a draw against a struggling Liverpool team. 

United were OK in the first half, game plan (from what it looked like) worked well. Looked like Liverpool got the better of it because they were the aggressors but they didn't. 

Second half completely different. United were crap and were fortunate Liverpool were wasteful. Matic was useless that half.

Thought Klopp's subs were poor again. Lost all momentum when he brought Coutinho and Salah off. I know they've played internationals in far away places but they were our two biggest threats. United second half were embarrassing for a team that's spent so much money

Disappointing match, was expecting more from United.  Looked like they came for a 0-0 draw and showed very little going forward.  I guess I have to realise that Mourinho is going to shut up shop against good teams away from home.  United had one opportunity to score and Lukaku should have done better, Mignolet made a decent safe but it was right at him.  Liverpool had two or three chances to score and probably sould have won, so in the end the draw becomes a good result for United.

We were the better side by miles.  Happy with the performance. Not surprised with Mourinho's tactics.  That was vintage Jose. 

As much as I love Firmino, and he had a decent match,  we need a finisher up top.  Won't be a bad idea to groom Solanke. 

Also, cant understand why Robertson doesn't start ahead of Moreno. Robertson is a better defender,  but also going forward he offers so much more.

Pretty typical Liverpool performance, being on top for most of the game but missing chances and generally failing to make the most of it. I'm a little disappointed with the decisions that didn't go our way - Lukaku could've had two bookings in the first half but ended up with none, Coutinho was fouled right on the edge of the box but nothing was given, and Darmian should've been sent off for a high boot - but we can't be too disappointed with the result given the opposition.

• Subscriber

Man City are going to absolutely steamroll Stoke here. If ever a game was going to end about 7-0/8-0 it was this. Stoke often crumble under Hughes and Man City look on another level this year.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived