talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

As poor as we have been lately,  it would still be daft to play attacking football against us.  It makes sense to sit back and frustrate us.  Our defence will always give the opposition chances.  And who better to play that kind of football than Mourinho. 

Wouldn't be a bad idea to stick Dominic Solanke up top.  Looks more threatening than Sturridge. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping Liverpool and Man Utd ends in a draw. To be honest, Mourinho might go to Anfield with that being his plan.

Our away trip to Watford will be difficult. Marco Silva is a solid manager and will know what he has to do to make us stuggle at both ends of the pitch, this is a manager that made Hull City come across as something other than an abomination of the team during his short time there so you know he's good.

Can see united parking the bus and scoring one on counter, liverpool's defense is weak and they are without their best player Mane so mourinho is going to frustrate them and score one on the counter. 

Havent seen a single watford match this season but Arsenal typically do well against lower end table teams so this should be a win, no excuses. 

In Fantasy Football I had a genius idea that once Aguero got injured I was going to replace him with Lukaku and make him captain as he destroys Palace then the following gameweek I was going to replace Lukaku with Morata and make him captain as he destroys Palace. Sods law Lukaku went missing and Morata is now injured.

Hopefully we can keep this down to a minimal 2-0 loss but put in a respectable performance to build confidence before we face Newcastle and West Ham.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

In Fantasy Football I had a genius idea that once Aguero got injured I was going to replace him with Lukaku and make him captain as he destroys Palace then the following gameweek I was going to replace Lukaku with Morata and make him captain as he destroys Palace. Sods law Lukaku went missing and Morata is now injured.

Hopefully we can keep this down to a minimal 2-0 loss but put in a respectable performance to build confidence before we face Newcastle and West Ham.

On a side note at my Dad's old work they used to do a prediction league for just our results, literally win, draw or loss. Someone put us to lose every game and they won the league xD

Southampton away, bit of a tough one.

They've been a bit unpredictable, we'll be solid at the back but not much quality in the final third. Can't see us scoring more than one goal. I'll go for 0-0 or a 1-0 loss.

A goal within the first 10 minutes is vital for us. Without that I imagine there will be a lot of huffing and puffing from us but the bus will have already been well and truly parked so it will be very difficult to find a way through. Then we'll probably concede a stupid goal from a set piece or counter attack. Not confident at all given the form of both sides but we're due a league win against them and we're the first decent side they've played so who knows.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

The build up for the most boring "Derby" in England begins...United v Liverpool is more likely to put you to sleep

Boring but still the biggest league fixture in world football. 

Fergie used to give it a go and there were some cracking fixtures. Moyes, LVG & Mourinho however have made it such a turgid affair. 

0-3 United. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Boring but still the biggest league fixture in world football. 

Fergie used to give it a go and there were some cracking fixtures. Moyes, LVG & Mourinho however have made it such a turgid affair. 

0-3 United. 

Not even true anymore, even if it was previously, Real v Barca totally eclipses it now. Liverpool been out the limelight for too long

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Not even true anymore, even if it was previously, Real v Barca totally eclipses it now. Liverpool been out the limelight for too long

It doesn't help that united have been a mid table side for half a decade too :coffee:   ...Spurs v City is a much bigger game these days, the two best attacking teams in England going head to head, far better to watch for a neutral too

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It doesn't help that united have been a mid table side for half a decade too :coffee:   ...Spurs v City is a much bigger game these days, the two best attacking teams in England going head to head, far better to watch for a neutral too

How would you know when you haven't been a neutral watching that game since 2008 :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Nah. Far too one sided with Spurs always making City look like a pub team 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nah. Far too one sided with Spurs always making City look like a pub team 

Well we always make Chelsea look like a disabled lesbians under 9's team with aids!  ;)

Nothing between us and Spurs

Games won: 58
Games drawn: 35
Games lost: 60

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well we always make Chelsea look like a disabled lesbians under 9's team with aids!  ;)

Nothing between us and Spurs

Games won: 58
Games drawn: 35
Games lost: 60

Yet since 2014, we beat you 5 times and you beat us 4. And within that time, we won the league, sacked a manager, then won the league again? :what:

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Toony said:

Southampton away, bit of a tough one.

They've been a bit unpredictable, we'll be solid at the back but not much quality in the final third. Can't see us scoring more than one goal. I'll go for 0-0 or a 1-0 loss.

They've got a shocking record at home lately, something like failed to score in 9 of their last 10 games at home.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived