talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think this is likely not to be 3 points for us one way or another but hopefully I'm wrong. I'd definitely take a draw with the way the game has gone and with Mane missing.

United could've tried to attack us better. With our defensive record and current back 4 a side with their quality would be very capable of causing regular problems if they went a bit more towards playing that kind of game plan.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Put United in blue shirts and Williams in central defence to give away a few goals and I wouldn't tell the difference between this lot and our lot which goes to show how poor they've been.

It's why it can be so frustrating to lose to Mourinho when he plays this tactic.... He'd do it even with the attack of Barcelona at his disposal.

• Subscriber

I know this approach is bread and butter for Mourinho but it's still seriously risky when one dodgy deflection could easily win the game for Liverpool given their dominance, especially when going off form United have every reason to believe they could really have a go here and probably win. Don't know how Mourinho always seems to manage to get away with it.

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think if Liverpool weren't so short of confidence because of this bad run, they'd be winning this comfortably.

But every time they open up United they just screw up one pass or touch. 

Agreed, it’s the final ball that’s lacking. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I know this approach is bread and butter for Mourinho but it's still seriously risky when one dodgy deflection could easily win the game for Liverpool given their dominance, especially when going off form United have every reason to believe they could really have a go here and probably win. Don't know how Mourinho always seems to manage to get away with it.

I'm sure there are times his tactic comes undone with an early goal by the opposition. I just never seem to be watching when it happens.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I know it often works but I just can't see what's so clever about it. So much of what allows it to work - Liverpool being insanely wasteful, getting away with the foul on Coutinho - is nothing to do with Mourinho. 

I just see an insanely expensive team clinging on for dear life against a team they should beat. It's not like peak Atlético where a lot of the time they had none of the ball but hardly ever away chances. That's good defensive coaching.

This is... I don't know what. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I know it often works but I just can't see what's so clever about it. So much of what allows it to work - Liverpool being insanely wasteful, getting away with the foul on Coutinho - is nothing to do with Mourinho. 

I just see an insanely expensive team clinging on for dear life against a team they should beat. It's not like peak Atlético where a lot of the time they had none of the ball but just didn't give away chances. That's good defensive coaching.

This is... I don't know what. 

I think it's called riding your luck.

Lukaku doing nothing to dispel his reputation amongst his doubters either. Scores the third goal in a few 4-0 wins, thinks he's a god, goes missing in United's first big game of the season.

Obviously I'm exaggerating as I know he's won them points against Southampton, Stoke, Moscow, but he's been terrible today.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived