talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christmas Matchday Chat - 26-28th December 2017

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see us go back to 3 at the back but we're in bad form and I think we'll lose this. Zaha will cause us a lot of problems, and our best player is counting down the days until he can leave. I'm at work though so I'm missing it.

• Subscriber

Wilshere quality pass for Sanchez for the third goal. Shame that it's taken him 3 years to get fit again and do one good thing but that'll still be enough for him to get into the World Cup squad based on how much potential he had seven years ago.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, shut up said:

Wilshere has been class all season, empty head.

Everton could do actually do with someone who can hold onto the ball for longer than 5 seconds.

"All season" when he's played half of your games if that.

I don't know why you're bringing Everton into it but you can keep him. Physio room's a bit full down our end still.

Wilshere has been fit for two seasons now as well. Don't see how you can deny how he doesn't deserve at least a call-up to the international team. He has been fit all season and has made a very good impact since being back at Arsenal. 

When you look at other options England have in midfield, I don't see who is actually better.

• Subscriber

Wilshere couldn't get into the Bournemouth side this calendar year. Now he's back in the Arsenal side (as a player being rotated in and out, not a bona fide first choice) doesn't mean he's been class all season. I don't care either way, I'm just getting in there before Sky react to his assist with 30% of their air time over the next week being spent wanking him back into the England squad because that's what the media do with any English player. I'm not being biased or bashing Wilshere unfairly, I'll just as quickly say they did the same thing with Rooney when he scored that halfway line goal against West Ham.

Wilshere probably will get a call up again and you're correct, there really isn't anyone better when you've got the likes of Livermore not just getting called up but actually getting caps because England are so gash.

Whilst we struggled for a bit when Cabaye went off which effectively cost us a point i'm happy with the overall performance. Another strong finish at the end and I was impressed with the energy levels of Sako when he came on. Can't really moan too much at Benteke as I don't think the service to him was good enough.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived