The better place to talk football.

Instagram

football forum

On 02/04/2022 at 06:14, Aladdin said:

Tiktok - Broke and Dumb

Twitter - Broke but Intelligent

Instagram - Rich but Dumb

Facebook - Rich and Intelligent

I was at the cafe the other day and there was an elderly couple in their mid 60's I reckon with 2 little dogs sitting at the table next to me and the bloke was talking to his wife I assume and she had her head buried in the phone and he was talking away about something and she was not responding and he said " You are not listening" and she said " I am looking at my Twitter" so he said " So you are not listening then" At that point I did resist the urge to start laughing and then she followed up with " My Tweet has got quite a lot of likes" and it surprised me a little how Social Media is creeping in even in the older generation who I thought were not all that bothered about it... The younger generation I can understand because they have been raised with it as part of their everyday life but it's getting it's cancerous tentacles in everything it seems... 

Does Twitter/Facebook and all them give you notifications or something if you get likes and what not for things you post??? because I was curious if it kept notifying her of every like she received on her tweet or she had just become addicted to checking it all the time.. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Does Twitter/Facebook and all them give you notifications or something if you get likes and what not for things you post??? because I was curious if it kept notifying her of every like she received on her tweet or she had just become addicted to checking it all the time

You can enable notifications, yep. But I suspect a bit of the latter occurred anyway. 

40 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Does Twitter/Facebook and all them give you notifications or something if you get likes and what not for things you post??? because I was curious if it kept notifying her of every like she received on her tweet or she had just become addicted to checking it all the time.. 

Yes as long as you don't disable notifications on a post every time it is liked, retweeted or replied you get notified. Highest my tweet got likes was 148 :coffee:

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

You can enable notifications, yep. But I suspect a bit of the latter occurred anyway. 

What's sad for me is the fact as you get older you might think you would want to start spending quality time with someone when you are out rather than being head down in a phone only acknowledging conversations with small mumblings of "Um and Yea" every time you are asked something.. 

Just a sign of the times I guess... 

11 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Yes as long as you don't disable notifications on a post every time it is liked, retweeted or replied you get notified. Highest my tweet got likes was 148 :coffee:

What was the tweet out of curiosity??? 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What's sad for me is the fact as you get older you might think you would want to start spending quality time with someone when you are out rather than being head down in a phone only acknowledging conversations with small mumblings of "Um and Yea" every time you are asked something.. 

Just a sign of the times I guess... 

Or a sign of shitty people and shitty relationships/marriages...

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Or a sign of shitty people and shitty relationships/marriages...

Not always although given some relationships I have witnessed in my life I can see why they try and avoid conversation with each other xD I just think we lose sight of what is important sometimes, time flies and before you know it it's over.. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Not always although given some relationships I have witnessed in my life I can see why they try and avoid conversation with each other xD I just think we lose sight of what is important sometimes, time flies and before you know it it's over.. 

Sure, it isn't true for every situation, but I genuinely think that social media use exposes people's flaws and weaknesses like nothing else before. 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I was at the cafe the other day and there was an elderly couple in their mid 60's I reckon with 2 little dogs sitting at the table next to me and the bloke was talking to his wife I assume and she had her head buried in the phone and he was talking away about something and she was not responding and he said " You are not listening" and she said " I am looking at my Twitter" so he said " So you are not listening then" At that point I did resist the urge to start laughing and then she followed up with " My Tweet has got quite a lot of likes" and it surprised me a little how Social Media is creeping in even in the older generation who I thought were not all that bothered about it... The younger generation I can understand because they have been raised with it as part of their everyday life but it's getting it's cancerous tentacles in everything it seems... 

Sounds like 'Small Dick Syndrome' to me.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Obligatory. 

thumb_5ff45bf6b8cb7-6363346444.jpeg

Do you also like your own posts? :ph34r: People who do baffle me. It's a bit like sending a Valentine's card to yourself... xD 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Do you also like your own posts? :ph34r: People who do baffle me. It's a bit like sending a Valentine's card to yourself... xD 

Hell no. I have a woman on my friendslist who constantly posts pictures of herself or everyday situations and than likes the posts herself. That's why I refuse to like any of her stuff. xD

37 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Anything above 50 is a bonus. Usually I get likes in 20s and then no activity for weeks

Is it important to you to get lot's of likes etc as it does seem important to a lot of people to be liked and all that.. 

30 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Sounds like 'Small Dick Syndrome' to me.

To quote @DeadLinesman "Just WOW" 

Is that how you see me?? 

image.thumb.png.2e8a035ba071aea8e2bdeae649fc8268.png

I did have a good search around but they didn't have 'Above Average' to 'Large Dick Syndrome' anywhere so had to use this one... B|

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

To quote @DeadLinesman "Just WOW" 

Is that how you see me?? 

image.thumb.png.2e8a035ba071aea8e2bdeae649fc8268.png

I did have a good search around but they didn't have 'Above Average' to 'Large Dick Syndrome' anywhere so had to use this one... B|

I was on about the person constantly checking the phone rather than you, but seeing as you responded with that......................:ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Is it important to you to get lot's of likes etc as it does seem important to a lot of people to be liked and all that.. 

As important as getting a high score in a video game, doesn't matter anything but its a bit of fun. 

For some people though having a greater social media presence can lead to opportunities or its a necessity in some fields like journalists. 

Archived