talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Jeff Stelling Set To Retire

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why has he retired?

Works one day a week, getting excited about football, when he loves football, getting paid handsomely for it? 

Unbelievable Jeff 

I read his biography ages ago and although what you see on TV is about a day's worth, there's a shit load of stuff that he does in the background which involves researching all the facts and figures which he ends up churning out on a Saturday, as well as loads of charity events.

I also met him when I went on Countdown and again in Gatwick airport when I got back from holiday and had a chat about Leicester, Hartlepool and Soccer Saturday. He does a quiz show on ITV as well as Friday Night Football (not that regular, I know). 

Fun fact for you all - his first name isn't actually Jeff :D 

2 minutes ago, Romesh said:

I read his biography ages ago and although what you see on TV is about a day's worth, there's a shit load of stuff that he does in the background which involves researching all the facts and figures which he ends up churning out on a Saturday, as well as loads of charity events.

I also met him when I went on Countdown and again in Gatwick airport when I got back from holiday and had a chat about Leicester, Hartlepool and Soccer Saturday. He does a quiz show on ITV as well as Friday Night Football (not that regular, I know). 

Spill? What is it? :/

5 minutes ago, Romesh said:

Hold the mother fucking phone 

You went on countdown?

Pics or stfu

• Upvote 1

Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

You legend.

How did you do?

Lost by 5 points on the conundrum (neither of us got it). 

I now get pelters from my mates of what the answer was (Had to guess 'Godparent' from 'petdragon'). 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I'm trying to find an anogram of Stan from Sunil Parmar, but I'm struggling? 

I'd be shit on countdown :dam:

stan is a nickname my brother gave me relating to when we both played Championship Manager together.

We saw 'Sanli Tuncay' flick up on the commentary very quickly. My brother thought it said 'Sunil Tuncay'. Then he started calling me Sanli, then Stanley, then Stan. 

As sad as that :D 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Romesh said:

stan is a nickname my brother gave me relating to when we both played Championship Manager together.

We saw 'Sanli Tuncay' flick up on the commentary very quickly. My brother thought it said 'Sunil Tuncay'. Then he started calling me Sanli, then Stanley, then Stan. 

As sad as that :D 

Haha

3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Did you get to meet Rachel Riley and Susie Dent?

Yep, both of them. 

We were in a new studio and Rachel Riley hadn't seen the 'Green Room' (where all the contestants for the day stay) yet so I showed her around. 

I remember Susie Dent complimenting me on some of the words I got xD