talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Freddie Ljungberg Returning to Arsenal

Freddie Ljungberg will rejoin Arsenal in July as head coach of their U23 side, the Premier League club announced on Tuesday.

The 41-year-old left the club to assist Andries Jonker at German club Wolfsburg in 2017, having previously coached Arsenal U15's and assisted their U19 side in the UEFA Youth League during the 2016/17 season.

Academy manager Per Mertesacker said: "It's great to have Freddie back at the club. He brings great footballing experience and the highest possible levels of enthusiasm, energy and encouragement for our young professionals.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Great to see Crazy Freddie back at Arsenal. What days they were and what a character.

I saw earlier on that his goal record was something like 1 in 4. Not bad. He scores in 2 fa cup finals as well I think 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I saw earlier on that his goal record was something like 1 in 4. Not bad. He scores in 2 fa cup finals as well I think 

More than his goals it was his enthusiasm and unpredictability that had us on the edge of our seats at Highbury.  Plus he genuinely loved the club.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

More than his goals it was his enthusiasm and unpredictability that had us on the edge of our seats at Highbury.  Plus he genuinely loved the club.

and his funky hair

Image result for freddie ljungberg

Was he a diver? I remember my first game at arsenal in 2005 against Norwich. He fell over and the whole crowd was like get up :D

23 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The craziness or the hair?

Everything about him.  He was apparently just a crazy figure within the Arsenal dressing room and a bit of a rocker.  Plus you had the hair thing before it fell out all of a sudden one day.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Was he a diver? I remember my first game at arsenal in 2005 against Norwich. He fell over and the whole crowd was like get up :D

Yes - that whole Arsenal team of that era were divers, him, Pires, Henry etc.

• 1 year later...

Archived